1 2 3
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/14 9:12 a.m.

Thread from 2014:

No, I am not asking. Because it is legal in certain places, and because I market storage systems, I have to write a literature piece about the proper storage of marijuana. It's based off one I made for the storage of pharmaceuticals. I'm cracking up! Apparently, "in a Skoal tin, in your sock drawer" is not good enough.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/2/14 9:17 a.m.

Well, from what I know, it doesn't like being dried out. So... a baggie under your couch is a bad idea too. My guess is some sort of humidor, like a cigar. word it like that?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/2/14 9:17 a.m.

Just take the same literature piece you wrote about pharmaceuticals and replace the world "Pharaceuticals" with "marijuana".

You're welcome.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/2/14 9:19 a.m.

Humidors work great for small quantities, foodsaver bags for larger stuff. Or so I've been told.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/2/14 9:20 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Just take the same literature piece you wrote about pharmaceuticals and replace the world "Pharaceuticals" with "marijuana". You're welcome.

BRILLIANT!!!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/14 9:20 a.m.

A sealed container keeps the moisture in and keeps the dank stank from escaping, it's not rocket science

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/2/14 9:29 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Humidors work great for small quantities, foodsaver bags for larger stuff. Or so I've been told.

I have also heard from friends who certainly must live in Colorado or Washington, or possibly suffer from glaucoma in a few other states... that a glass mason jar with sealable top (like for canning) stored in a cool dark place like a refrigerator in the garage with a padlock works great. According to the sort of people who engage in this behavior whom I have no association with whatsoever... the buds should be dry going on to the jar... mold is bad for you. It has also been observed by complete strangers unknown to myself that buds seem to cure and smell better this way too. Vacuum sealed freezer bags in the freezer are rumored to work well if you were stocking up quantity for after the Zombie Apocalypse.

EastCoastMojo
4/2/14 9:32 a.m.

You should tell your friends that glass mason jars can also be vacuum sealed with the foodsaver attachment for mason jars.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
4/2/14 9:38 a.m.

I'd heard that apparently 35 mm film canisters used to be the most popular option for small amounts. Their main problem seemed to be careless potheads who forgot what canister was used for what, tried to drop off their photos, and ended up getting the wrong sort of 1 hour processing.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/14 9:41 a.m.

EastCoastMojo
4/2/14 9:42 a.m.

Humidors have to be seasoned occasionally, try to work that into your article.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/2/14 9:49 a.m.

Isn't there some sort of way the kids combine cigars and marijuana's?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
4/2/14 9:49 a.m.

I think you're supposed to smoke it, not store it, but I'm a bit foggy on that for reasons I can not recall.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/2/14 11:05 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: I'd heard that apparently 35 mm film canisters used to be the most popular option for small amounts. Their main problem seemed to be careless potheads who forgot what canister was used for what, tried to drop off their photos, and ended up getting the wrong sort of 1 hour processing.

Yeah, but somehow I suspect flash memory storage cases just don't work as well. :)

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
4/2/14 11:34 a.m.

Long term, vacuum bags in the freezer.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/2/14 11:54 a.m.

Certain folk of my acquaintance advised storage in good quality Ziploc bags which are then put in coffee cans and then placed in a large box which provides freezing conditions in part to keep the odor of 'stinkweed' from permeating the domicile thus causing parental units to initiate a search and destroy mission.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UberDork
4/2/14 12:28 p.m.
Woody wrote:

Yes!!!! Finally someone else who has seen that sketch.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/14 12:36 p.m.

You guys are thinking small-scale...I am talking about massive quantities.

The funny thing is that one camp (users) want to protect the weed (sunlight) and the other camp (police) want protected FROM the weed (odors).

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/2/14 12:41 p.m.

Walk in humidor. Seriously.

Or perhaps.... a 2014 Kia Rondo?

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
4/2/14 12:47 p.m.

Wine-ador. Should hold a few pounds. Add humidification to a wine fridge and it will keep the product preserved in a temp and humidity controlled environment. They're sealed like fridges, but I wouldn't call them cop-proof.

I, uhh, smoke a lot of cigars.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
4/2/14 1:11 p.m.

Since it is horrible E36 M3 if it gets dried out, pretty much any storage for cigars will work for maryjane.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
4/2/14 1:51 p.m.

Mason jar. Not that I'd know from personal experience or anything.

EastCoastMojo
4/2/14 2:03 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: You guys are thinking small-scale...I am talking about massive quantities.

Then you need one of those refridgerated trailers, I believe they are called reefers. Not to keep it cold, just for airtight containment.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
4/2/14 2:55 p.m.

Before you advertise a particular use, you might want to check state and federal laws concerning paraphernalia.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/2/14 3:00 p.m.

Oh come on now......

Everyone knows the best way to store weed for the long term is to liquify it and spray the liquid into van form!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CWLiYye4iH9f0ntsj9NF7DD4d949XKL4dDSxqKeIaCoRuNrzdC5bZS9bTHvIU4BA