DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/11/08 6:21 a.m.

This is pretty sweet. Seems these folks have done some homework. Rear doors open 90 Dashboard is dsigned for police cruizer, built in touchscreen computers, video screens etc. rear end absorbs 75 mph impact cameras to record 360 around vehicle HUD rear area can be hosed out after perp pisses in the seat seats are offset a bit to give driver more room while giving perp more room in back Under 4000 lbs.

Possibly BMW twin turbo diesel???

www.carbonmotors.com

BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
9/11/08 6:55 a.m.

Page load error--------------address not found.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/11/08 7:35 a.m.

Help! Can't load the page!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/11/08 7:56 a.m.

I think this is them: http://www.carbonmotors.com/

Interesting

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/11/08 8:42 a.m.

Is it built on a Chrysler 300 / Dodge Magnum / Dodge Charger / Dodge Challenger platform? The roof line looks a bit like all of those cars. It's pretty neat. I wouldn't mind getting pulled over by one of them.

Also, is the car in the photos even real? It looks CGI-ish.

triumph7
triumph7 New Reader
9/11/08 8:50 a.m.

Wow, a 75 mile per GALLON impact?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
9/11/08 10:48 a.m.

Reminds me of a rumour back in Oz, Mercedes Benz offered to produce purpose built police cars for Aussie state departments (there are no sheriff or city police) they were refused by said states because "the public didn't want to see police in a car the general populace couldn't afford".

Go figure

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/11/08 10:59 a.m.

repost.

autolex84
autolex84 New Reader
9/11/08 11:03 a.m.
ignorant wrote: repost.

agreed.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/the-end-of-p71/2907/page1/

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
9/11/08 2:02 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: Is it built on a Chrysler 300 / Dodge Magnum / Dodge Charger / Dodge Challenger platform? The roof line looks a bit like all of those cars. It's pretty neat. I wouldn't mind getting pulled over by one of them. Also, is the car in the photos even real? It looks CGI-ish.

The frame is not related to any production car at all, although it seems like it will be using drivetrain / brake parts from various production cars.

And there is not currently a working prototype that I'm aware of.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/11/08 2:11 p.m.

Some of their specs seem a bit optimistic... beside the 75 mph rear impact thing.

They've got a forced induction 3.0 diesel of indeterminate origin that's supposed to produce 300hp and 420 ft. lb of torque, moving a 4000 pound vehicle from 0-60 in 6.5 with a 155 top end, all while returning 28-30 mpg.

Seems to me if it were that easy, a lot of folks would be doing it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tz9OPfGzzKILKuENqlZHhdzMdKoJjSEkTp0CgbEspTRKotWMiE6GTOjc6qbTGLgi