1 2 3 4 ... 29
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/13/20 1:47 p.m.
Ranger50 said:Try buying 90 octane in TX as it was the only "premium" available. Such rotgut.

So if we live in places with refineries, we have lousy gas because they keep the good stuff to sell elsewhere?

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/20 2:46 p.m.
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) said:
Ranger50 said:Try buying 90 octane in TX as it was the only "premium" available. Such rotgut.

So if we live in places with refineries, we have lousy gas because they keep the good stuff to sell elsewhere?

The Cobbler's children have no shoes..,.

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
9/13/20 2:50 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

Why does "hyphenated" not have a hyphen, but "non-hyphenated" does?

Mind-blown...

smiley

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/13/20 2:55 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Appleseed said:

Over half of all the vehicles driving without their lights on in a rainstorm will be silver (or a variant of.)

The other half have their HAZARD FLASHERS on.

FTFY. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/20 3:02 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Topographically, a crew cab short box pickup with a hard shell bed cover is just a four door sedan with a trunk.

I've said that for years. People get upset when I call their F150 a Crown Vic.  If you think about it, a New Yorker is more of a truck than a new Ram, because it has leaf springs.

I look at how they're driving it.  They sure aren't doing much serious truck stuff with a 4' long bed with a permanently attached cover.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/13/20 3:39 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) :

This was up in the panhandle 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/13/20 3:46 p.m.
chandler said:
Mndsm said:

A shoe guy thought I had- 

There has to be a lot of REALLY dope og jordans and forces and stuff sitting in prison inventories for dudes that got locked up back in the 80s and early 90s. 

But the second you drove to the hoop the soles would fall off. The glue ages and fails, I had these bad box stock retro bred 11s I bought in '01(?) that the right sole fell off of, dang it.

Shelf queens at that point. If I had og ones- they'd get sold to a big player before I ever touched em. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/13/20 5:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:

You leave a dump. If you actually took a dump somewhere,  you'd be labeled a sicko.

I mean, if I'm growing a tail and I run to the bathroom, I'm technically taking it with me and leaving it there, as opposed to just steamin a chud on the carpet. 

Also, I love colorful euphemisms for pooping. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/13/20 5:52 p.m.
Mndsm said:

This is part of why I love the people behind Epic Rap Battles of History as much as a man can heterosexually love a group of other men.

Picture it: ERBoH: Theodore Roosevelt vs. Winston Churchill.  One of my favorites.  Towards the end, Teddy smacks out the line "TR giving WC the full deuce!" while holding two fingers up, in the manner that means an American middle finger.  There is so much, SO MUCH, happening in that one line (WC also means "water closet", I'll let you go from there) that it gives my nerd-brain a geek-boner.

Does anyone else go around pretending to be BANE these days.

Behind the mask in best Tom Hardy/Sean Connery voice "Hello Batman, it's Bane. You're a girl."

"You do not yet have my permission to die."

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/13/20 6:24 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) :

YESH.

And then I have thoughts of strawberries.  Strawberries are a good source of fiber.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/20 7:56 p.m.

The only constant in all of your failed relationships is you.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/13/20 8:41 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Appleseed said:

You leave a dump. If you actually took a dump somewhere,  you'd be labeled a sicko.

I mean, if I'm growing a tail and I run to the bathroom, I'm technically taking it with me and leaving it there, as opposed to just steamin a chud on the carpet. 

It's still in you at that point. It is not yet a dump. It's just poop. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/15/20 9:46 p.m.

Coconuts are mammals because they're covered in fur and produce milk.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
9/16/20 6:12 a.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

Huh?? I've lived in Texas my whole life and haven't  seen 90 octane for yearrrsss. Recently only seen it at quick trips as a non ethanol blend. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/16/20 7:42 a.m.

The gas you buy is about 6 months old by the time you buy it. Why do gas prices change instantaneously with any and every abnormality? 

BionicTigerShark (Forum Supporter)
BionicTigerShark (Forum Supporter) New Reader
9/16/20 7:47 a.m.

You can drink a drink but you can't food a food.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/16/20 8:00 a.m.

In reply to BionicTigerShark (Forum Supporter) :

You can however, eat some eats. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/16/20 9:04 a.m.
Appleseed said:

The gas you buy is about 6 months old by the time you buy it. Why do gas prices change instantaneously with any and every abnormality? 

It also has a graph like Mount Washington:  vertical cliff on the up side, gentle slope on the down side.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/16/20 9:20 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

So...like Gumby 's (THE Gumby, not our Gumby) head?

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/16/20 9:32 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

How good would an episode of Frasier be set in Covid?

Would love to see Frazier’s brother freaking out, and dad sitting on his chair acting like whatever! 

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/16/20 9:41 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Topographically, a crew cab short box pickup with a hard shell bed cover is just a four door sedan with a trunk.

Otherwise known as a suburban

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/20 9:41 a.m.
Mndsm said:

why is a snack a location? nobody snacks a snack.  we snack on a snack.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
9/16/20 9:49 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I've said that for years. People get upset when I call their F150 a Crown Vic.  If you think about it, a New Yorker is more of a truck than a new Ram, because it has leaf springs.

I look at how they're driving it.  They sure aren't doing much serious truck stuff with a 4' long bed with a permanently attached cover.

I had not thought of the CV comparison, but SO true! I have a hitch on my panther, and guarantee I normally haul more with it than most mall crawlers.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/17/20 9:20 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

why is a snack a location? nobody snacks a snack.  we snack on a snack.

You can also sip on gin and juice......

1 2 3 4 ... 29

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ch80inaWdWz0miYvAKPbMVHB9q1p1RklKJlOPBqXvV6QmKicSfIde6QZLOehH4vw