1 2 3 4 ... 67
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/16/11 6:06 p.m.

I recently picked up one of these. Yes, it's a sickness.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/16/11 6:58 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

I've passed that one up a couple of times.

Certainly is a unique choice for them to build, but I'm not into VW's bigtime.

I know--all that over a dollar and change...

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/16/11 7:00 p.m.

I have that one! I pick up all the bizarre cars like that.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/16/11 7:01 p.m.
gamby wrote:
Javelin wrote:
mndsm wrote:
gamby wrote: In reply to mndsm: I bought 2 of the Kenmeris. I'm not sure why I didn't look for extra Hakosukas. Maybe I'll pop back in later in the week... Are they in demand on ebay or do you think they will be in the future???

Possible. I have an obsession with hakosukas, that's why I bought those. They do seem to be exceedingly rare in the open, as I've never spotted any more in my travels. I'd probably buy up a good 5-10 more if I found them.

FYI for you poor souls unable to find the Skyline's. My local Fred Meyer has at least 12 of each one in stock. I just saw them an hour or so ago. I will gladly pick them up and mail them to you for cost.

I might take you up on 2 or 3. I'll check in tomorrow evening...

I'd take a half dozen of each, If you're serious.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/16/11 7:30 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I recently picked up one of these. Yes, it's a sickness.

I got one of these a while ago, I like it.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/16/11 7:30 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
gamby wrote:
Javelin wrote:
mndsm wrote:
gamby wrote: In reply to mndsm: I bought 2 of the Kenmeris. I'm not sure why I didn't look for extra Hakosukas. Maybe I'll pop back in later in the week... Are they in demand on ebay or do you think they will be in the future???

Possible. I have an obsession with hakosukas, that's why I bought those. They do seem to be exceedingly rare in the open, as I've never spotted any more in my travels. I'd probably buy up a good 5-10 more if I found them.

FYI for you poor souls unable to find the Skyline's. My local Fred Meyer has at least 12 of each one in stock. I just saw them an hour or so ago. I will gladly pick them up and mail them to you for cost.

I might take you up on 2 or 3. I'll check in tomorrow evening...

I'd take a half dozen of each, If you're serious.

Pencil me in for one as well.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/16/11 7:31 p.m.

I know I have at least one SP2 somewhere.... damn I have too many hotwheels. I have a BAD habit for cop cars too. If I see a model in police garb, I probably have 5.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
11/17/11 2:12 a.m.
madpanda wrote: I have traced the URL of you photo sir: from: http://mb-db.co.uk/ Cool site, but ultimately dangerous. I'd rather not know what's out there, it makes trips to Walgreens more exciting.

BLUE?!?

(puts on coat to scour stores for the next 9.5 hours.)

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
11/17/11 7:19 a.m.

Been a while since I scored a good one, last was the Brasilia. Must go out hunting this weekend. Still can't find a Caterham or another A-Team van. I've found only one A-Team van to date & had to give it to my friend since he drives a rusty clone.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 8:24 a.m.
MA$$hole wrote: Been a while since I scored a good one, last was the Brasilia. Must go out hunting this weekend. Still can't find a Caterham or another A-Team van. I've found only one A-Team van to date & had to give it to my friend since he drives a rusty clone.

Caterhams are plentiful here, at least in yellow. I can probably find some if you want. No luck on the A-team van though

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
11/17/11 9:26 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
gamby wrote:
Javelin wrote:
mndsm wrote:
gamby wrote: In reply to mndsm: I bought 2 of the Kenmeris. I'm not sure why I didn't look for extra Hakosukas. Maybe I'll pop back in later in the week... Are they in demand on ebay or do you think they will be in the future???

Possible. I have an obsession with hakosukas, that's why I bought those. They do seem to be exceedingly rare in the open, as I've never spotted any more in my travels. I'd probably buy up a good 5-10 more if I found them.

FYI for you poor souls unable to find the Skyline's. My local Fred Meyer has at least 12 of each one in stock. I just saw them an hour or so ago. I will gladly pick them up and mail them to you for cost.

I might take you up on 2 or 3. I'll check in tomorrow evening...

I'd take a half dozen of each, If you're serious.

I am. I can stop by today at lunch and grab them. Shoot me a PM.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
11/17/11 9:27 a.m.

Looks like I'm up to 7 of each Skyline then.

Any other takers for today?

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
11/17/11 9:35 a.m.

Guess I need to try to start looking at these things in a different light. I loved them back when I was a kid in the 70's and early 80's, but never thought much about them after. Until now, when I have two sons, ages 7 and 4. They love them. We must have 5 or 6 of the Hot Wheels track sets, and my youngest is asking over and over for the set that actually goes up the wall a few feet. I'd bet we have somewhere on the order of 200 cars. But they're just kept loose in a couple of Tupperware containers. In fact, my wife grabbed a bunch recently and wanted to get rid of them in a yard sale.

I do like them, but hadn't thought much about collecting them. I do want to start collecting larger scale models, but maybe I'll grab a few Hot Wheels to go with it. Great...thanks guys...

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 10:03 a.m.

Javelin- your profile is 404'ing on me, can't PM. Email is mndsm79 (at) hotmail.com, as is my paypal... Lemme know what I owe ya.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 10:05 a.m.
Klayfish wrote: Guess I need to try to start looking at these things in a different light. I loved them back when I was a kid in the 70's and early 80's, but never thought much about them after. Until now, when I have two sons, ages 7 and 4. They love them. We must have 5 or 6 of the Hot Wheels track sets, and my youngest is asking over and over for the set that actually goes up the wall a few feet. I'd bet we have somewhere on the order of 200 cars. But they're just kept loose in a couple of Tupperware containers. In fact, my wife grabbed a bunch recently and wanted to get rid of them in a yard sale. I do like them, but hadn't thought much about collecting them. I do want to start collecting larger scale models, but maybe I'll grab a few Hot Wheels to go with it. Great...thanks guys...

It's easy and cheap! What's a buckohseven every so often (except when it's that x30, per store, about once a month.....)

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
11/17/11 10:36 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Definitely, if you find one pick it up for me. Any particular models you're looking for let me know? I've even got a fair amount of late 90's early 00's I've found at flea markets.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 10:42 a.m.

Will do Ma$$- I need to get out of the house after work anyhow. Should be no problem.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
11/17/11 11:31 a.m.

Maybe we need a section for Hot Wheels cars, etc on GRM. A dedicated place where people can swap cars or if someone has multiples people can work a deal.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 11:54 a.m.

A going thread might be a decent idea.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
11/17/11 1:38 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Javelin- your profile is 404'ing on me, can't PM. Email is mndsm79 (at) hotmail.com, as is my paypal... Lemme know what I owe ya.

Okee dokee. I'll shoot you an email when I get back from the store.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
11/17/11 1:39 p.m.

Last call? I leave in about 10 minutes...

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
11/17/11 1:48 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
madpanda wrote: I have traced the URL of you photo sir: from: http://mb-db.co.uk/ Cool site, but ultimately dangerous. I'd rather not know what's out there, it makes trips to Walgreens more exciting.

BLUE?!?

(puts on coat to scour stores for the next 9.5 hours.)

I've only seen white Cats. Is this a hotwheels or a "Matchbox"?

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
11/17/11 1:54 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

They've got that in a Turquoise color as well, only one I've seen so far.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
11/17/11 2:09 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote:
Appleseed wrote:
madpanda wrote: I have traced the URL of you photo sir: from: http://mb-db.co.uk/ Cool site, but ultimately dangerous. I'd rather not know what's out there, it makes trips to Walgreens more exciting.

BLUE?!?

(puts on coat to scour stores for the next 9.5 hours.)

I've only seen white Cats. Is this a hotwheels or a "Matchbox"?

-Hotwheels, Matchbox, whatever it takes. (is a matchbox, BTW)

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 2:14 p.m.

I've only ever seen yellow ones. Hoping for some more with the holidays around the corner.

1 2 3 4 ... 67
Our Preferred Partners
eW325gYiUfx9toZW4LJ1YTnhIuZkizp7prxdUmBJ6GQO93VUMusJIHDPQjKhB5yZ