1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 161
dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/4/20 9:21 p.m.

That Columbus race looks very interesting, I may have to grab a few cars I don't mind uncarding just too participate 

btabacchi
btabacchi Reader
1/5/20 11:34 a.m.

In reply to Volksrodden :

Happy to have you come by. We did this last year with about 150 people showing up to either participate or just hang out with a crowd of friends and enjoy some of the best pizza in town, sorta like a giant SCCA region socializer. Matter of fact last year it was designated as the February Ohio Valley Region-SCCA socializer.

Like those of us that organized it most were first-time diecast racers so there was a lot of open the package, stick some weight on it, pour graphite on the axles and run it type of prep. This year we've had a lot of interest from folks that participated last year and also caught the attention of more dedicated hobbyists so we'll see how that all works out. We've created "stock" and "modified" classes to appeal to both the casual and experienced diecast racer. 

We're also planning to take a cue from the folks at Redline Derby and allow folks to mail-in or drop off their entries if they can't make it on race day. Also in the works, but not confirmed yet, are real-time on-line bracket results and possible live streaming of the event. 

- Bruno 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/5/20 11:39 a.m.

Holy crap! That sounds awesome. I'll have to try to make it with my 5 year old. Maybe it'll be her first race!

btabacchi
btabacchi Reader
1/5/20 11:42 a.m.

In reply to dropstep :

C'mon by. Notice there are a few Saturday test n tune opportunities if you're close enough for the drive.

I've been an accumulator of Hotwheels for more than 25 years with many thousands stored in plastic bins and would never open them. After discovering that there is actually something I can do with them, other than stare through the clear bubble, I've become way more willing to crack the package.

- Bruno 

btabacchi
btabacchi Reader
1/5/20 11:45 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Kids always welcome. They'll have a dedicated race too.

- Bruno

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/6/20 10:24 a.m.

I showed this to my 12 year old and hopefully we can make it.  He and I have been watching 3dbotmaker on YouTube and it looks like a lot of fun.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/6/20 1:55 p.m.

Snagged this. Never did I think they'd make one of Burt's planes, let alone his goofiest looking. And yes, that's modeled after a real, flying plane.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/13/20 10:10 a.m.

It's nice to have a good view at work. I am sure yoy can guess witch one I paid more for..

Aaron_King
1/16/20 7:16 p.m.

Got these three today.   

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/20 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

That Stratos!!! surprise

My recent ones:

Aaron_King
1/17/20 6:43 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :
I saw it on the 3dbotmaker Rally video and had to get it.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
1/17/20 7:27 a.m.

Whoa, the stratos & Alfa must be high $$ miniatures.  

The Volvo is probably they type of car you could buy out all of them and then sell them online.  I found a few cool ones for Christmas.  My son tends to favor Lambos & the super creative cars.  How Wheels and Matchbox clearly understand the fact that 80s (& early 90s) appeal to adults as well. 

Aaron_King
1/18/20 2:12 p.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

The Stratos was a little pricey but the Alfa is just one of the $6 ones. 

peabodysc
peabodysc New Reader
1/18/20 2:36 p.m.

I knew that I had these. Bought in 2002. Found while cleaning out my closet today.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/18/20 2:40 p.m.

That's a nice piece!

Javelin
1/18/20 3:22 p.m.
peabodysc said:

I knew that I had these. Bought in 2002. Found while cleaning out my closet today.

You wanna sell those???

peabodysc
peabodysc New Reader
1/18/20 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Yes

Javelin
1/18/20 3:51 p.m.
peabodysc said:

In reply to Javelin :

Yes

How much? Or anything you're needing for your collection?

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
1/20/20 5:36 p.m.

picked these up at Target the other night. The 917 is disappointing blue though. 

Javelin
1/20/20 7:10 p.m.
Aaron_King
1/21/20 8:45 a.m.

Picked these two up last night

Jav that GTA is one of my favorite HW ever, very well done. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/21/20 9:17 p.m.

my brother found this beauty last week, I collect errors, he collects 911s so I think it stays in his collection.

peabody
peabody New Reader
1/26/20 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I tried to send you a dm just now, let me know if you got it.

peabody
peabody New Reader
1/26/20 11:42 a.m.

Wal-mart yesterday for the Miata and Gasser.

peabody
peabody New Reader
1/26/20 12:08 p.m.

Another find in my son's closet today. The problem is real.

1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 161

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TSZz8CqvDXVnslarmox9cGWpdnWcPvTRCYJT0u1D46g2D5DKyAoh61reE16e6VWy