1 2
mtn
mtn UltimaDork
4/28/14 3:41 p.m.
Mike wrote: Avoid Brother inkjets. They have a daily cleaning routine that means that your printer will always be out of ink when you want to use it. I've probably printed a hundred pages on mine, all of simple text, and I've probably replaced all the ink eight times.

Why not take all the paper out of the tray when you're not printing anything? Not a convenient solution, but a cost-effective one.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/28/14 3:46 p.m.

I get 50% of your requirements

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
4/28/14 4:13 p.m.

I've got a Brother HL-2270DW, also. I had had enough of color printers, and the constant dicking around with replacing one freaking color, just to print a damn - black only - document.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
4/29/14 5:34 p.m.

I had various Epson inkjet printers for years. The last was an R320 which had 6 ink cartridges which gave me great pictures when the ink wasn't dried out.

When I switched to wireless networking and was tired of the printer not working 1/2 the time I got an HP® LaserJet Pro 200 M251nw Color Laser Printer. It's fast, does decent color and is wireless so we can use it from anywhere in the house.

Staples has it on sale for $229 but I got mine for less than $200 on sale there 6 months ago.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/29/14 6:44 p.m.
mtn wrote:
Mike wrote: Avoid Brother inkjets. They have a daily cleaning routine that means that your printer will always be out of ink when you want to use it. I've probably printed a hundred pages on mine, all of simple text, and I've probably replaced all the ink eight times.
Why not take all the paper out of the tray when you're not printing anything? Not a convenient solution, but a cost-effective one.

It doesn't care. It cleans into a built in reservoir that is supposed to be large enough to last for the life of the printer.

Put another way, it's designed by Brother to throw away an overpriced product sold by Brother so you have to buy more from Brother. I bought some crappy bargain basement inks a few years ago. I'm tossing it after those are gone.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/18/17 9:40 p.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted.

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
LLqrcGjGzdJ0IyqoYBEM2xz8oKmjUNsBkhOS5fbf74qcsIyWfzkgYPWtac81Pb7J