1 2
Luke
Luke Dork
9/18/08 10:29 p.m.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n99/AlliSouthgate/?action=view&current=WestsideburnoutNZ.flv

Nice

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/18/08 10:35 p.m.

IF that had been a cafe racer in the back of the Ranchero it would have been good enough to have at my wedding reception.

Yea-ha!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/18/08 11:09 p.m.

Thats my peaple!

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
9/19/08 12:29 a.m.

Much better than three clapped out cars sitting next to eachother burnin out.

Duke
Duke Dork
9/19/08 5:49 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: IF that had been a cafe racer in the back of the Ranchero it would have been good enough to have at my wedding reception. Yea-ha!

El Camino, please! But it sounds like a hell of a wedding reception...

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
9/19/08 5:56 a.m.

Wow! That truck's got some serious ass to it. What, 3000 lbs. of Ranchero, bike and people on board and still smoke up the tires? I never woulda thought the truck could do a burnout by itself.

Good brakes too.

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
9/19/08 8:31 a.m.

interesting

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/19/08 9:06 a.m.
Duke wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: IF that had been a cafe racer in the back of the Ranchero it would have been good enough to have at my wedding reception. Yea-ha!
El Camino, please! But it sounds like a hell of a wedding reception...

Well, you have to admit that certain years of the Ford Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino do look a LOT alike, especially through three vehicles worth of tire smoke

As for the reception, we actually didn't have one. But the house warming party was kick-ass.

Type Q
Type Q Reader
9/19/08 11:31 a.m.

Hot Three-way Action

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
9/19/08 6:36 p.m.

Pretty impressive. I had a summer job in college driving a cabover Chevy like that; it had a worn out 327 and a bad clutch in it, and I can guarantee you that no matter how hard I tried the rear wheels never spun once.

TJ
TJ New Reader
9/19/08 7:16 p.m.

Do I hear 4?

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
9/20/08 8:55 a.m.

who thinks of this stuff?

ApexC
ApexC Reader
9/20/08 9:45 a.m.

This is an inspired bit of hoonage. My hat is off to these gentlemen.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/20/08 10:10 a.m.
Mental wrote: Thats my peaple!

Australians?

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/20/08 11:03 a.m.

New Zealand.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry New Reader
9/20/08 8:34 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Wow! That truck's got some serious ass to it. What, 3000 lbs. of Ranchero, bike and people on board and still smoke up the tires? I never woulda thought the truck could do a burnout by itself. Good brakes too.

yeah it does. I'm sure they put something like bleach or dish soap on the tires to help them spin a little bit more.

jl1rp
jl1rp New Reader
9/21/08 4:44 a.m.

Now that's different way of doing it.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
9/21/08 4:15 p.m.

at the end of the vid check the tire marks under the truck ... moved 20-30 feet.

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
9/21/08 4:17 p.m.

BTW Hot Rod Larry ... Best Avatar Ever!!! .... What's the name of that cartoon?

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/21/08 4:49 p.m.
littleturquoiseb wrote: BTW Hot Rod Larry ... Best Avatar Ever!!! .... What's the name of that cartoon?

Oh yeah! I remember that one...the dad wants him to grow up & be a Taxi, but he wants to be a Hotrod! lol

Mental
Mental SuperDork
9/21/08 5:21 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Mental wrote: Thats my peaple!
Australians?
MitchellC wrote: New Zealand.

Despite what those snobs in Hollywood or that worn out VHS copy of Deliverance you keep watching tell you. Rednecks are a global phenomenon. I have set foot on 5 of the 7 contentents and I have found my peaple on everyone of them. While I have never been to Australlia, or New Zealand I have worked with and made the mistake of partying with many of them and I can assure you, there is a sizable population of those great nations (as well as other like minded former colonials, especially our northern neighbors) that believe, as all good rednecks should, that few things cannot be improved with the addition of beer, smoke, more noise, added horsepower and to the max extent allowed by their nations laws and sometimes beyond that, firearms.

So I say again, proudly, Thats My Peaple !...and you Honger, more than any I have met here on this board should recognize your spiritual brethren.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry New Reader
9/21/08 6:16 p.m.
littleturquoiseb wrote: BTW Hot Rod Larry ... Best Avatar Ever!!! .... What's the name of that cartoon?

Thanks,It's lil hot rod. His Dad was a Cabbie, and he wanted to be a hot rod. After putting a t-bucket body on and a flathead in ( his parents got upset,) he runs away and wrecks at a train crossing. After coming out of the hospital, he's back to bein a cab, but still kept the flathead engine.

My avatar is supposed to be a animated image, not sure why it doesn't work.

here's the cartoon... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rnjXdj9-LI&feature=related

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
9/21/08 9:16 p.m.

rednecks with taste, if that was a Ducati in the elko

Jay
Jay HalfDork
9/22/08 5:00 a.m.

Dang, I never could get my school bus to do a burn out when I drove one. It was a diesel I-6.

Also, I can attest that German rednecks exist in large numbers. Also, it's possible to make quads and shifter karts street legal here. Put two and two together...

J

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
9/22/08 1:59 p.m.

double post

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ARRMnIfiU6zjQzMhWk1ZFB6DzuiX17Cfm7ak4n2ZwpZr9SpEqlPdPVljSNZIU5lc