Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
10/11/18 8:10 p.m.

Who's planning to be there?  

We (Chris and Chrissy) will be there with our Red NSX (license plate is "VTEC YO"), probably parked next to our friend and race team mate's desert camo NA Miata.  

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
10/11/18 9:39 p.m.

I'll be there with a friend of mine from Delaware.  Too many choices to know which vehicle I'll be there in, be on the lookout for GRM Stickers!

TR7
TR7 Reader
10/12/18 8:52 a.m.

I am trying to make it in my 944. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/12/18 9:32 a.m.

Leaving this afternoon from MA. I'll be in the blue and white 89 Mitsubishi Delica Starwagon in the right lane doing 55-60 for 6 hours plus. Wish me luck.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/12/18 9:37 a.m.

Anxiously awaiting Radwood Detroit, I need some kind of firm deadline to get the 944 back on the road. In the meantime, I'll be following the Philly event online. Have fun everyone!

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
10/12/18 10:08 a.m.

I'll be there with my buddy. My silver E36 and his red E36. I'll have some SCCA solo stickers from the national events I attended, but I removed most others.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/18 10:33 a.m.

We are packed and going to try and get there this afternoon.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
10/12/18 3:17 p.m.

I am going to go when it comes to Detroit.  Pilotbraden here has a 944 and my highschool buddy has an 87 convertible vette with straight pipes.  

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
10/16/18 11:35 a.m.

Friend and I made Jalopnik with our Instagram pictures!

I'm the silver E36 and he's the red one.

https://jalopnik.com/radwood-philadelphia-was-a-rad-time-for-all-1829760826

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/16/18 11:47 a.m.

Wow, there is some great stuff in there.  The props are great also.  

Oh, how I wish the 1950's & 60's were over and my local car shows were like this.  

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 12:06 p.m.

I have that same bag, Wally.  My slot car tracks live in it.

I’m looking forward to one closer hopefully 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/16/18 12:29 p.m.

The Radwood Philly show was just totally tubular!! Mad shout out to our own maroon92 for putting it together!!  I was so happy I made the 7 hour drive south for this, and brought my wife and boys. They had loads of fun as well, and I think my oldest son playing NES in the back of the Delica during the show made a lot of people happy. If they have it again next year I'm totally doing it, and working on getting together an outfit, and as that was maybe more fun that seeing the cars.

Met Sonic, and Wally for the first time as well. Always fun to put a face to an interwebz handle. I was more impressed with the seemingly ordinary cars that showed up to the show like a Yugo, Subaru RX,SVX, and XT,and an early 80's Accord that was gorgeous.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 12:30 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Wow, there is some great stuff in there.  The props are great also.  

Oh, how I wish the 1950's & 60's were over and my local car shows were like this.  

I can put you in touch with the Radwood organizer if you want to help him bring one to your area. It's a series that's taken hold really, really fast. Much quicker than expected, I think.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/16/18 12:43 p.m.

Minneapolis has a very famous, very large show every summer called Back to the 50's.  It's a huge success and fully engulfs the state fair grounds(Largest in the US)...

Someone has started a back to the  80's car show.  https://www.backtothe80smn.com/

I missed it this year, but will attend next year.  Looks like Radwood..  Not a huge show but neato..

check out the video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7ZzdIfZFE  The Rx7 with the bmx bike on top is awesome.

Keith Tanner
10/16/18 12:51 p.m.

I once took second place in the "European" class at a local car show with my Miata. That's because, while they had 8 categories for things like "American sedan from 1960-1968", they only had one class for "not made in North America". I haven't been to a local show for years because it's still the same.

Radwood is such an obvious concept in retrospect.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/16/18 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yes.. people who are 30-50 now want the cars they lusted after back then.. kinda like those who bid up any muscle car about 5-10 years ago.. They now have the money and can provide... The difference is the 80's stuff is still semi affordable now.  If I were a betting man, and I'm not.. I'd say that someone who could setup and run a 80's import dealership/resto shop could make some money in the future.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/16/18 1:00 p.m.

The way foxbody prices keep climbing I'm not surprised an 80s car show is growing fast. It's always cool seeing something other then 60s muscle cars. I quit attending car shows for the most part but this interests me. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
10/16/18 1:07 p.m.

I've been following Radwood since about the start. I keep wondering when they are going to do a Texas show. 

Keith Tanner
10/16/18 1:22 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie said:

I've been following Radwood since about the start. I keep wondering when they are going to do a Texas show. 

Drop Bradley a line and ask or invite him. Let me know if you want contact info.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H3gAYRZKw27eZd1gH3ZMYrKq75fWObtJvnAnMkCYcTz0mthFJ8URcme1JgtUrnIi