1 2 3 4 ... 10
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/14/20 7:27 p.m.

I bought a metal detector! \m/

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/14/20 7:32 p.m.

Basically a vintage race spec suspension for my bugeye...

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/14/20 7:32 p.m.

In reply to einy (Forum Supporter) :

Left this on the windshield, about four years ago. Original owner. Virtually unmodified, just a set of silicone intake hoses and drilled/slotted brake discs (not something I would do).

Needs a timing belt, front axles, and the airbag light is on. 

PO bought a Civic SI, got a good deal during the pandemic. He'd held on to my note all that time.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/14/20 7:34 p.m.

Outstanding move, and congrats, Doc !!

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
4/14/20 7:36 p.m.

I bought a new GLI 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/14/20 7:46 p.m.

An 06 Miata with a suspension expensive enough to build TWO challenge cars with hundreds leftover.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
4/14/20 8:01 p.m.

Thursday I go pick up a 70 f150 chassis and driveline. Pulling the 302/c4 combo for my zephyr. The 9 inch to sell and the rest is scrap. 

then I'll be spending money with summit and jegs to get the foxbody specific parts. 

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/14/20 8:05 p.m.

The amazon man is getting tired of my place. Almost daily deliveries. 

No containers for dog and cat food, need those!

my almost 5 year old son might get bored, better order 18 lego kits!

lets make make roasted pine nut hummus! No pine nuts? Amazon to the rescue!

today i ordered incense. 

ive bought and planted 120 sweet viburnum

didnt install all the 6 piece barrina led lights yet that i bought over 2 years ago, better order an 8 pack!

i bought about 130$ worth of parts for a mower i paid like 30$ for. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/14/20 9:44 p.m.

Also ordered one of these:

https://www.wooden-town.com/collections/thebest/products/ww

And considering ordering one of these kits:

https://theblockzone.com/collections/supercar-collection

Or maybe some Lego kits or something. Still likely going to be working from home until June.

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/14/20 10:30 p.m.
z31maniac said:

An 06 Miata with a suspension expensive enough to build TWO challenge cars with hundreds leftover.

It's so hilariously good.....  Enjoy

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/14/20 10:54 p.m.
mtn said:

I bought a brisket, becaue it was the only meat available and my breastfeeding wife (who normally tries to eat as close to vegan as possible) said we needed it. 

Things happened...

Update to follow on Friday

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
4/14/20 11:20 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Please do

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
4/14/20 11:52 p.m.

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/15/20 12:29 a.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

I bought the box set of Top Gear (UK) specials, and a funky universal format cheepo dvd player from a Chinese company called Lonpoo so I could watch them!  And yes, I did wipe it down with alcohol wipes before touching or otherwise using the Lonpoo.

It's always good to clean up after playing with the Lonpoo

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/15/20 12:59 a.m.

Lionel 2046 Hudson. The valve eccentrics are missing on mine. but easily sourced on E-Bay. I've wanted this for a lon, long time. Also came with a 2046 whistling tender, box car, gondola, 3 dome tank car and a caboose. This is an early Hudson as it only has 3 windows on the cab. Made in 1951.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/15/20 1:10 a.m.

Parents bought a mini bike. It's cool but if it were mine I'd rip the governor out. No gauge but It feels like 22-23mph. Gets there pretty quick though. 

Stimulus check hit today and I'll admit I did spend some money I'd not have spent otherwise. 

Also I bought a 16x1.5x50 bolt to remove the flywheel on my xr200. Honda sells the special tool for $35 but I only paid 2.64. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
4/15/20 6:26 a.m.

I bought an Xbox One s. I first dug out my old Xbox 360, and have been playing some Halo, but there's only been ~200 people online worldwide, and that console is probably 10 years old now..

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/15/20 6:59 a.m.

1990 CBR400 track bike and a treadmill.  A friend is spending too much time at home and his garage was driving he and his wife insane. The track bike was hers from a previous life. She gave us her old leathers (which fit my daughter) boots, three helmets, tons of spares. The bike fired up with new gas and sounds great but all four carbs leak. I don't really want a big (which is relative) track bike, but the deal was too good to pass up. While there he offered the treadmill that they weren't using. It's really nice. Now it's in the middle of my garage but it's getting a LOT of use. My daughter is running on it now. I'll go for a walk on it later. My wife will run on it at lunch. Someday I'm going to have to deal with the fact that I have a treadmill in the way, but it's a good thing for the time being. 

The really happy ending of the story is my friend and his wife being able to park both cars in the garage for the first time since they bought the house, and while I was over there he asked me about an apparent dead circuit in his house and yesterday I talked him through diagnosing and replacing a bad breaker so now his wife thinks he's a damn genius. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/15/20 7:42 a.m.

We are hopelessly practical.

We are paying our tractor off, today, Pyro is writing the check. We just discussed it and looked at what we would have left and when she gets paid again.

Also I am typing on a cracked phone. I broke it yesterday in the shop. So a new phone, WITH case this time.

Maybe RX-8 parts? I want it together right and I have time to do it. When autocross opens up I plan to improve my skills. I want to do better at the Challenge this year!

stanger_missle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/15/20 7:47 a.m.

I bought a used 13b rotor and housing because I thought it looks cool:

And a new battery for my truck. Pretty boring stuff compared to some of you laugh

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/15/20 8:22 a.m.

I bought $30 wheel flares for the Tib. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
4/15/20 8:26 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

1990 CBR400 track bike and a treadmill... My daughter is running on it now. I'll go for a walk on it later. My wife will run on it at lunch.

I was hoping this would go a different direction.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
4/15/20 8:28 a.m.

Shipping container, 1900 rounds of various ammo, a pressure washer, a torque multiplier and 3/4" drive ratchet, and ~$700 worth of front end parts for a ratty old 3/4 ton Dodge.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/15/20 8:30 a.m.

I ordered an odd cymbal for the house drumset.

I already have one but this one is in a bigger size. It's a weird cymbal but it sounds great, I'm probably the only one in the world rocking one, let alone 2

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/15/20 8:40 a.m.

Umm....

Nothing special really. Duster parts that i had planned on ordering anyway. Tinted safety glasses to replace my non tinted outdoor ones and to use as sunglasses. Snach block for the shop winch. 

1 2 3 4 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x1k3O03utSiVKa9PcjxmuDT9XcQ0WZzzQbzpnxIzR0uU0kfRmcCzgm9dRPJAWpPs