1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/16/20 2:03 p.m.

Your definition of ridiculous may or may not match mine.  This was already on my wishlist and a car friend sent me videos of himself wearing it with the sound effects, and said it dropped from $200 down to about $95.

Amazon warned me delivery might be delayed due to COVID-19, then it showed up in about 17 hours...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/16/20 2:05 p.m.

Bought two Aero forged rifle lowers. Next the internals and a pistol upper. devil

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
4/16/20 2:48 p.m.

I ordered a case of spray paint and some aluminum primer from Amazon for a job I'm trying to finish up.  They said it might be delayed due to Covid-19.  Then they shipped it right out on Monday, from a location 2 hours north of me.  They sent it to freaking Kentucky, where they turned it around and shipped it back to Virginia.  It was delivered today.  Delayed not by Covid-19, but by an inexplicable stupidity. 

I truly need to stop ordering from Amazon.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/20 8:05 p.m.
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/20 8:38 p.m.
Matt B (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

I may have been cross shopping cheap Ferraris and nice lotus esprit turbos. 

So... how's it going?  Inquiring minds and all that.

It's an odd thing. The reality of the situation is I'm probably doing none of that and sticking with E36 M3ty Toyotas. I can get an extremely nice late gen lotus esprit turbos for decent f355 money. I really like the look of the f355- however they are extremely questionable and prone to starting on fire. I'd argue that at least around me, the lotus is actually more rare and more extreme looking, which scratches the right itch. However- there is one thing I never on my life want to do again, and that is maintain a British car. And well the esprit is very very British. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/16/20 10:03 p.m.
pushrod36 said:
Cotton said:

I'm buying a 67 427 Corvette roadster.  Bad timing I guess,  but I've always wanted a c2 with a big block and side pipes.  I'm selling a few of my other cars and projects to soften the blow.

A C2 roadster is my dream car.  I've never driven one.  Please write a long post about how terrible it drives so I can move on with my life.

Well,  they ride like E36 M3,  but they're a hell of a lot of fun to drive! laugh

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/16/20 10:07 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Matt B (Forum Supporter) said:
Mndsm said:

I may have been cross shopping cheap Ferraris and nice lotus esprit turbos. 

So... how's it going?  Inquiring minds and all that.

It's an odd thing. The reality of the situation is I'm probably doing none of that and sticking with E36 M3ty Toyotas. I can get an extremely nice late gen lotus esprit turbos for decent f355 money. I really like the look of the f355- however they are extremely questionable and prone to starting on fire. I'd argue that at least around me, the lotus is actually more rare and more extreme looking, which scratches the right itch. However- there is one thing I never on my life want to do again, and that is maintain a British car. And well the esprit is very very British. 

Look at the 1995 year model 355.  They have the dual intake and most hp.  Make sure they have had a recent engine out,  factory exhaust manifolds/headers replaced,  same with factory valve guides,  and let her rip.  The 355 gets bagged on a lot,  but it's a fantastic car to drive and sounds amazing.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/20 11:34 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

I'm sorry but I'm confused.  My 190k mile Chevy still has the factory exhaust manifolds.  Should I have replaced them by now?  

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
4/16/20 11:44 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Cotton :

I'm sorry but I'm confused.  My 190k mile Chevy still has the factory exhaust manifolds.  Should I have replaced them by now?  

I think you're safe,  GM makes pretty solid exhaust manifolds in my experience.  The Italians are a little hit and miss.

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
4/17/20 3:34 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Not sure if she's a Capri or a Flamingo, but she's from 1960 and as soon as I get some tires delivered, she's mine.  Needs a transom.

We have a similar boat, an old Sea King from about 1960. It's been a lot of fun for decades.

Drew122
Drew122 New Reader
4/17/20 4:49 p.m.

Does this count?  Two (2) GoPed Sports.   Walking the neighborhood since I was not at work due to the stay at home order.  Guy up the street was cleaning out his garage and had these two scooters out by the curb.  I asked if he was trashing them and he said he was and that I could take them.   Two new fuel kits to replace the brittle lines and two new primer bulbs to replace the shattered ones and both are up and running.  Also picked up carb cleaner and some 2-stroke oil.  I'm all in for $46.00.  Both are quite sketchy; 20mph with a 90 degree head angle and 5 inch hard rubber tires and useless brakes.  One of them was in an accident (curb hit probably) because the t-bar used for steering is bent forward about 15 degrees.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/17/20 5:10 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

Be my first fiberglass boat, has a couple issues but it looks solid.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
4/17/20 7:14 p.m.

Just ordered a quickjack 7000slx with the truck adapter deal. Home depot had a good price as well as 6 months same as cash on their credit card. I have a fair amount of automotive work to do soon and this will make it much easier. Also it will make me more likely to get work done and i'll use my tire machine(another ridiculous purchase) more. 

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/20 8:23 p.m.
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) said:

I bought one of these yesterday. Bluetooth programable. Should be a hoot at Lemons. 

The hat is awesome.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/20 8:32 p.m.

A pasta roller for the Kitchenaid and ravioli stamps. If only I had more time off. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/17/20 9:04 p.m.

Alright. Ferraris are out. Too hard to find a decent hard top 355. That's fine, I REALLY didn't want to maintain a car that needs "engine out " service.  I did however find that early vipers are down into Camry money, and that seems like a cool way to die. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/17/20 9:08 p.m.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
4/17/20 9:21 p.m.

Gonna hit so many trees.

Gonna be siiiiick.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
4/18/20 6:20 p.m.

Not that ridiculous, but I did make an essential purchase this morning. Another 5.3 LS engine. 

Dave
Dave Reader
4/18/20 6:46 p.m.

1928 -1930 International Six Speed Special grill and surround. Fixed it up. And I don't have a vintage International.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/20/20 10:23 a.m.

I very nearly bought an inflatable raft so I could take the kids out for something besides yet another walk.

However, when I mentioned I was about to order one to my parents, it turns out they had a similar raft sitting around that they'd be glad to bring over. I might still order the above-pictured raft if theirs turns out to be too small or leaks.

I was tempted to buy one of these instead (Amazon lists it for only $210), but it looks like it would need to be towed behind a powerboat instead of being rowed or paddled.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
4/20/20 10:39 a.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado said:

Gonna hit so many trees.

Gonna be siiiiick.

Achievement Unlocked:

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
4/20/20 10:45 a.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

I was tempted to buy one of these instead (Amazon lists it for only $210), but it looks like it would need to be towed behind a powerboat instead of being rowed or paddled.

If you'll excuse me for even suggesting such a thing, this large inflatable swan is begging for a means of propulsion.  A trolling motor would be nice, but awesome would entail adapting a gasoline outboard, extra credit for 10-plus horsepower.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/20 2:07 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

I'd vote for a jet-ski, preferable with the handlebars run through its neck somehow. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/20/20 7:32 p.m.

Even though I have enough guitars that I'm not exactly sure of the exact number I have.....I bought another

SX Liquid. I've wanted a 3 p-90 one for years but I've never bought one. It popped up on reverb for very cheap new and I said berkeley it

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qjOMKSEhbthPS5wUy1fazVNnQRfSEIDwdQFXqZYaa3nNEEt5cdRJHkRJgmXfdFu9