1 2
spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/21/18 7:48 a.m.

He has passed at 99.  That is a pretty good run. 

FIYAPOWA
FIYAPOWA New Reader
2/21/18 7:58 a.m.

What a great testimony his life has been - he has impacted so many people by sharing his beliefs.  

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
2/21/18 8:02 a.m.

"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

Fletch1
Fletch1 Dork
2/21/18 8:36 a.m.

Thank you Billy. 

"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:6-8

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/21/18 11:34 a.m.

Great preacher. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/18 1:03 p.m.

Had to Google him, thought maybe he was the inventor of the Graham Cracker.  

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/21/18 1:30 p.m.

I wouldn't consider him my favorite human in the world either, but he meant a lot to a lot of people, including my mother who saw him a number of times. RIP.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/21/18 1:45 p.m.

Notable figure who left a large impact, and I hope his soul and his family is at peace.

I was not a supporter of his agenda, but nonetheless a man has died and I offer condolences to his family and his supporters.  Sorry for your loss.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
2/21/18 3:27 p.m.

This thread has potential

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/21/18 3:51 p.m.

Yea? Why do I now regret starting it?   

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/21/18 3:58 p.m.

I have removed the politically charged replies, as I am not ready to lock the thread. Let's try to keep politics out of this going forward guys. yes

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/21/18 7:51 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I have removed the politically charged replies, as I am not ready to lock the thread. Let's try to keep politics out of this going forward guys. yes

At least one offensive post remains in the thread. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/21/18 7:58 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Thanks, missed one. yes

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
2/21/18 8:02 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

Not entirely inaccurate...

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
2/21/18 8:46 p.m.
pres589 said:
pinchvalve said:

Not entirely inaccurate...

No, the graham cracker was invented by some lunatic who thought bread was sexy and tried to make a non sexy bread. Or at least I think that’s how it goes. 

Billy graham seems to have tried to keep politics out of religion, which I think is highly respectable. Or that’s what I heard at least on npr today. Seems like he was a good man. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/22/18 8:33 a.m.

Ghandi said.. "Be the change you want to see in the world"  This guy tried that.  Agree with him or not he sure tried to make the world a better place according to his value set.  He was a big influence in some of my friends lives..

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/22/18 9:03 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Thanks, missed one. yes

Because I called him out on history?  Ok.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/22/18 9:17 a.m.
joey48442 said:

Billy Graham seems to have tried to keep politics out of religion, which I think is highly respectable.

Maybe so, but he sure as heck didn't try to keep religion out of politics.  And that's all I'm going to say about him.

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
2/22/18 9:27 a.m.

This thread is so frustrating.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
2/22/18 9:31 a.m.

Imagine the look on his face, as he walked through the Pearly Gates, and saw the countless people that are there because he shared his love for Jesus. 

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
2/22/18 9:40 a.m.
Duke said:
joey48442 said:

Billy Graham seems to have tried to keep politics out of religion, which I think is highly respectable.

Maybe so, but he sure as heck didn't try to keep religion out of politics.  And that's all I'm going to say about him.

Ah. Interesting. I really don’t know anything about him other than the little bit I heard yesterday. I’d never even heard his voice before yesterday. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/22/18 10:14 a.m.
RealMiniParker said:

Imagine the look on his face, as he walked through the Pearly Gates, and saw the countless people that are there because he shared his love for Jesus. 

I'd like to see the look on his face when he sees all the good people in heaven that he was adamant wouldn't be allowed in.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/22/18 11:07 a.m.

I thought this thread disappeared!  I guess my post was just deleted.  Good to see others are keeping it spicy devil

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/22/18 11:34 a.m.

ibtmfl 2 threads in 1 day

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/22/18 11:40 a.m.
Duke said:
joey48442 said:

Yep, I'm surprised this thread is still here. But that's all I'm going to say about this. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tLukALpCo2w0isuuIdS7YoPIpKBGV0WpdRAOMIsqI3kT9T8GSG0FxQO1clOr0Y5H