1 2
OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/22/18 11:43 a.m.
poopshovel again said:
OHSCrifle said:

This is a new roundabout in my city. It is getting attention on social media, apparently people driving on the two lane road don’t like to yield to cars already in the roundy ...

Shocking, right? Do you like how the road at the top (green arrow) is directed into the OUTSIDE lane?

I’m tempted to go circle it in my beater truck and see who yields. Tempted but not gonna...

Is this the new one near AMP? I’ve seen some scary E36 M3 there in its month or two of existence.

This one is in Roswell, GA near the high school. 

I drove through it from two directions this morning and it’s just as bad as it looks. The 2 Lane Rd. turns back into a one lane road a quarter-mile before and a quarter mile after the roundabout.

Berkeleying stupid execution of a simple solution. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/22/18 1:04 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Must be a state-wide project. Currently negotiating with GDOT on a strip of our property. They’re adding a shoulder, and a roundabout ~1/2 mile down the road. It’ll be interesting to see if it causes more accidents than it prevents. I firmly believe it will :/

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/22/18 2:14 p.m.
Turboeric said:

Signalling right to leave the roundabout lets the person at the next entrance know that it's safe to enter the roundabout, because you're not continuing around.

I understand completely. I'm still not sure why it would work.

In theory it should. In practice most people won't be able to see the signal and process the information before I actually leave the roundabout - especially at th speeds I travel in roundabouts. Not that anybody would do it if they could anyway. Watch an intersection and see what people do when oncoming traffic has their signal on to turn

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NjPdlknitnOM45oOU5pufDaAaRIhyhAogcQAC00woeHJCKJiroeQZ0MQ7Z9tUolw