1 2 3 4
alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
1/4/11 9:17 a.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

Put in the context of the last 40 years, yes.

see- I belive what I want, you belive what you want, we still live, and in the same country.

if you want to beat your head against a brick wall- go for it. But I can honestly say that I THINK the current crop of R's will fix nothing, and just pretend they will. You think otherwise, which is fine.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
1/4/11 9:18 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: If it helps, check this graph out- http://zfacts.com/p/318.html You'll see that the debt/GDP was at it's lowest at the end of Carter, and shrank again under Clinton. While Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II have grown it. It was said that Palin was like Regan. I don't think we can handle another Regan. Speaks of small government, gives us BIG. Speaks of ballanced budget, but racks up the fastest non-war debt ever. No, Democrats HAVE been responsible. Regan era Repubicans have not. Eric

What we've seen is that the Reps have inherited the Dems spending policies so that the numbers look different than they really were. Just think about what the next guys going to inherit from the Great and Mighty Obam.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
1/4/11 9:20 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: Nice to keep digging up old threads, and turning a canoe into a flounder. I would disagree thanksto the R hypocrates, but there's no point- you think you are right, and I think I am right. It's already a canoe and a flounder of a thread.

Nice to keep pointing to one side as worse than the other because of hypocrisy, instead of recognizing both sides are guilty of the same crimes.

Moral equivalancy makes for a shallow defense.........

Just sayin!

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
1/4/11 9:25 a.m.

Hey, as long as it makes you sleep better at night, think whatever you want.

madmallard
madmallard Reader
1/4/11 12:08 p.m.

and still, nothing persuasive is being offered...

Duke
Duke SuperDork
1/4/11 1:01 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: But I can honestly say that *I THINK* the current crop of R's will fix nothing, and just pretend they will. You think otherwise, which is fine.

This I agree with, just like the previous crop of Ds, and the big batch of Rs before that, and the gang of Ds before that, and the scurrilous mob of Rs before that...

Modern American politics is never about fixing things. It is always about putting a new coat of paint on the status quo.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
1/4/11 1:07 p.m.

Attractive but....... How does she keep all the air from leaking out of her head?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
1/4/11 1:15 p.m.
madmallard wrote: and still, nothing persuasive is being offered...

Persuasion takes time.........

R's were bounced out of Congress in 2006 and the White House in 2008. The D's have failed in persuading voters that they can do a better job.

D's were bounced out of the House and took big hits in the Senate in 2010. R's were given a reprieve and two years to prove their "reform".

2012 is up for grabs.

As of 01/05/11 things start to get really interesting.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
1/4/11 1:17 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: Attractive but....... How does she keep all the air from leaking out of her head?

She uses the same method as you?

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/4/11 1:20 p.m.
  1. There is little to no evidence that any politician can or will change anything based on our best interests, so debate over.

2. Sarah Palin is hot, and she doesn't hold any government position, so what's the problem?

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
1/4/11 2:35 p.m.

Attractive but.....She has excessive earwax?

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
1/4/11 5:23 p.m.

Is Bristol (her daughter) 18 yet?

rainydave
rainydave New Reader
1/4/11 5:29 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Is Bristol (her daughter) 18 yet?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bristol+palin :)

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
1/4/11 6:20 p.m.

bristol? gross..

Well I guess she had one kid out of wedlock so atleast you know she'll be fun in the sack.

th3 movies said: Bethany: Then - I don't mean to sound ungrateful - but what are you doing hanging around? Jay: We're here to pick up chicks. Bethany: Excuse me? Jay: We figure an abortion clinic is a good place to meet loose women. Why else would they be there unless they like to berkeley?
Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
1/4/11 6:26 p.m.

She chose money over politics......... Yawn..

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/4/11 9:10 p.m.

In reply to Ignorant:

/thread

Seriously, lock this

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/5/11 5:51 a.m.
rainydave wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: Is Bristol (her daughter) 18 yet?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bristol+palin :)

OT, but I read Bristol bought a home in Phoenix, AZ. Built in 2006 for ~$322,000, she picks it up for $172,000.

OK, back to bashing.

Jay
Jay Dork
1/5/11 5:58 a.m.

Noooooo, pre-US election zombie political thread! Kill it with fire!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
1/5/11 6:20 a.m.

I clicked on this thread hoping for revealing photos of America's favorite politician, and all I got was a bunch of ignorant squabbling! I feel cheated.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/5/11 10:42 a.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2:

Here you go!
Yeah, I know, not revealing, but I like old Mustangs, so deal with it!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/5/11 10:47 a.m.

In reply to neon4891:

I tend to agree. I'd like to thank the canoe for dragging this thread from the grave...it gave me a headache twice.

1 2 3 4

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
78UOCmOtkcRxa4t6DN6DhI9U0aEPoE6I7LGqbRHqPU2H7OHShEye4NttfhK0eE4M