DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/14/08 8:29 p.m.

Ok, in my desperation to make some coin I answered this ad on craigslist: AD Review : Part Time Reply to: job-840328870@craigslist.org [?] Date: 2008-09-14, 12:42PM EDT Media marketing company is in search of men and women to Participate in our on-line advertisement review. You will be paid based On the number of ads you review. Work as your schedule permits. * Compensation: Based on ads read * This is a part-time job. * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. * Please, no phone calls about this job! * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

I never thought of it being a scam, maybe because I can be dense sometimes (my brain was wired with Lucas synapses). But I did get a reply where the poster mentions that it's not a scam. Well, that makes me wonder if it is. This is the reply:

Thank you for your interest in this position.

Here is a little about the company and the position. We are a growing company that was started by two friends who were not satisfied with the life their 9-5 jobs were giving them. This is a legitimate offer for self-motivated people wanting to make some extra income.

You have the flexibility to work WHEN you want and HOW MUCH you want and therefore dictate how much you earn. You can even work just evenings and weekends. This is a great way to earn income for stay at home moms & dads, college students, to pay off credit card debt, or just supplement your existing income.

Position Description: Your responsibilities will involve processing responses from online ads (this process is fully covered in the step-by-step training.) You may choose to work part-time or full-time, and earn $1000-$3000+ per week. You do not have to contact anyone by phone. All you need is a computer with a valid e-mail address and basic typing skills. Each ad takes approx. 15-20 minutes to process - you will have a virtually unlimited amount of ads so you may work as much as you want and at the time you choose. There is no contract to sign and the amount of work you choose to do is up to you. This opportunity has unlimited possibilities - a perfect option for stay at home moms or dads, college students or anyone who wants their work to revolve around their life, and not the other way around.

Compensation: You will be paid $25 to $35 for each ad that you process, depending on the ad you choose. Payments will be made directly to you. The typical rep will make $60-80/day with at least 2-3 hours of work.

Method of Payment: You will receive payment for each ad you process. You are paid for each ad you process as soon as you process it - you can choose to receive payment after each ad through check, or have the payments auto deposited bi-weekly. The amount of money you make depends on how much time you choose to put into it.

Training: The training materials you will receive give you step-by-step instructions on how to get started. You may begin working the same day you receive your materials because everything is done online. You could get paid within an hour or two of receiving the training manual. There is no special software requirement; everything is done via the web.

We look forward to getting you started. Inquire further!

APPLY HERE

Sorry for the long post, but what do you think?

WilD
WilD Reader
9/14/08 8:34 p.m.

Sorry, but it is almost certainly scam.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/14/08 8:35 p.m.

Scam.

mtn
mtn Dork
9/14/08 8:35 p.m.

I would say Scam.

Have you thought of donating blood plasma? I'm making $100 a week

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/14/08 8:38 p.m.
mtn wrote: I would say Scam. Have you thought of donating blood plasma? I'm making $100 a week

Are you serious??? I'm looking into that! Maybe I can get 5 gigs and make $500 a week? When I'm pasty white and dizzy they may catch on but it'll be money, right?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/14/08 8:41 p.m.
mtn wrote: Have you thought of donating blood plasma? I'm making $100 a week

Don't forget about all that sperm you guys are letting slip through your...er.....I mean letting go to waste.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/14/08 8:52 p.m.

Scam scam bacon and scam.

Blood plasma eh? Where do I go to do this?

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
9/14/08 9:15 p.m.

What about this: www.chacha.com. You basically Google things based on questions people ask you, and make $.20 per question. I use this all the time for homework, when I'm too lazy to look something up.

mtn
mtn Dork
9/14/08 9:40 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
mtn wrote: I would say Scam. Have you thought of donating blood plasma? I'm making $100 a week
Are you serious??? I'm looking into that! Maybe I can get 5 gigs and make $500 a week? When I'm pasty white and dizzy they may catch on but it'll be money, right?

It takes about two hours. I make typically $30 a day, and go about 3 times a week. Someplaces it is hard to find a place to do it; lifesource, for example, doesn't pay--I'd consult google. Its great as a college student; I go and study for two hours with a needle in my arm. and then get paid.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/14/08 10:13 p.m.

the last time i donated plasma I passed out. they asked me not to come back!

mtn
mtn Dork
9/14/08 10:16 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: the last time i donated plasma I passed out. they asked me not to come back!

I nearly passed out the first time, when they stick the needle in me. I'm afraid of needles, I make sure that my Ipod is playing too loud and that I'm trying to do something while they stick the needle in me. I don't like to look at it.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/14/08 10:30 p.m.

The last time I had to have blood drawn I was dehydrated. They stuck me in both arms multiple times, when they had buggered those veins they tried the back of both hands and finally the veins on the top of my feet. It took two nurses because the first one got embarrassed. I was very understanding and just read a mag they had in the room.

Needles don't scare me unless they get near my eyes. Then I get weird.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/08 10:55 p.m.

Sometimes I'm good with needles, sometimes not. One time I was getting a physical and I was sitting in an office chair when the nurse came for blood. She stuck me and I blacked out, and started rolling. I came to as I was being lifted off the poor nurse. From that day on I always make sure the brakes are on before I get any needles.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
9/15/08 7:28 a.m.

Here is why I can tell you it's a scam:

DrBoost wrote: ...Each ad takes approx. 15-20 minutes to process ... You will be paid $25 to $35 for each ad that you process, depending on the ad you choose. Payments will be made directly to you. The typical rep will make $60-80/day with at least 2-3 hours of work.

So, 15-20 minutes to process, we'll say 20. $25-$35 per ad, we'll say $25. 2-3 hours of work, we'll say 3, $60-$80 a day, we'll say $60. Now, how does 9 (number of ads processed in 3 hours at 20 minutes each) times $25 (low end of pay) equal $60.00? Last time that I checked, it was $225. I'm guessing that they then hit you with "processing fees." Heck, they will most likely have it set up so that you are an outside contractor, having to pay your own SS, taxes, etc. That'll eat up a big chunk of what's left.

I recently got paid $75 to test a home sperm count checker. Unfortunately, UVA does not currently pay for sperm otherwise.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KSOIJcbrOmrJ3HTC7xNxZNCbNKfVFGtArRNXIZsnQ5jYmaPsYGoBFZAXSzKH7hru