1 2 3
jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/31/11 9:46 p.m.
Ziink wrote: I hope you like the extension well enough that you'll ... support my efforts... @jrw1621: As I mentioned in the email, your best option for now is the downgrade to version 0.0.17 of the extension. Looks like somehow my changes broke the extensions compatibility with Firefox 3.6. You can find the previous version at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/craigslist-helper/versions/

Ziink-man, you rock!
I am back up and running. Smooth as always with a re-instal of version 0.0.17.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/craigslist-helper/versions/

As a thank you I have uploaded a solid review.
What I had trouble with was finding a "donate" option.
If you have one, please reply here with the link.

Its time to see if we can build the take rate.
As of today, July 31,2011 there have been 14,696 downloads on Foxfire.

jrw1621 wrote: Spread around the internet has begun. Note that as of today, 3-28-11, you have 202 downloads on FF. We will see what the future brings?

If any of the GRM brethren are not using this Add-on, give it another look. Sort of built by a GRM'er for GRM'ers. Actually, Ziink built it to find VW Westys and parts!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/1/12 4:40 p.m.

It looks like this is very broken on Chrome now. I get 404 as though Craigslist itself is blocking the extension. If that is the case, it would be stupid on their part.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
4/1/12 5:35 p.m.

Yeah, really stupid. I didn't even get to try it yet.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
4/1/12 5:45 p.m.

Alright, at least I'm not the only one with this problem.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
4/1/12 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Derick Freese:

Been screwed up for a couple days for me as well

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/1/12 8:00 p.m.

The 404 error is on a site run by Ziink to cache the ads (clcache.info). I don't know whether something's gone screwy there or perhaps CL changed something about their ads such that CL Helper's automatically generated URLs don't line up with what that site's expecting...

In any case, as a workaround, if you click a contact email link in the preview (if there is one), you'll get a link to the ad on craigslist (not in clcache.info) in the body of the email which will open up fine.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
4/2/12 6:51 a.m.

www.ziink.com does not seem to work and Craigslist Helper has been removed from the Firefox add on list.
I wonder if CL threw down some legal action?

I sent Ziink a PM through this board but no response.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/12 12:28 p.m.

I kinda get the impression it was something he built 'cause he wanted to use it. Trying to maintain such a thing against changing CL and/or browser interfaces when it's no longer a tool he needs and was never going to make him more than a little beer money... I'd probably give up maintaining it too.

If I'm jumping the gun on that synopsis, I owe Ziink some beer money

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
4/5/12 1:10 p.m.

I have bookmarked http://www.searchtempest.com/ but I liked the Ziink solution better.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
4/5/12 1:30 p.m.

CL got rid of my jaxed.com search option...suckage of the highest order.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
4/6/12 12:32 p.m.

FWIW, ziink.com is also down. I'm not sure if anything was actually there, but it is directing to the page it should. I'm wondering at this point if it's a hosting or server issue.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/12 3:30 p.m.

Looks like the plugin is no longer available...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OHw0Uyfu1QKHNEfqAwSgZZvgAcKtUwQ34kDhWp9v830eY56FOVzfVPyIFmtQYAGx