1 2
Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/18 4:16 a.m.

Because I have no pride, and thus can't be embarrassed, I offer this for your derision....

Floating Doc
10/20/18 4:22 a.m.

Nautical theme...

One of my favorites...

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/18 9:19 a.m.
Floating Doc said:

Because I have no pride, and thus can't be embarrassed, I offer this for your derision....

I’d wear that on a normal day.

We don’t often do Halloween, but SWMBO’s work Xmas party this year is themed “Through the Ages” , so I’ll be digging through my vintage clothing collection for that. I haven’t decided between vintage cowboy or leisure suit though. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
10/20/18 9:59 a.m.

Tim came up with something eerily similar when he was trying to put together a sophisticated vintage look for Goodwood a couple years ago.

I said no.

Margie

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/20/18 11:36 a.m.

Swmbo is a tree and I'm a lumber Jack.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/18 6:34 a.m.

If The Wife doesn’t start walking by then I suggested going as Leon Klinghoffer and Abu Abbas. 

Floating Doc
10/24/18 8:38 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Swmbo is a tree and I'm a lumber Jack.

...and you're okay! 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/25/18 9:00 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Tim came up with something eerily similar when he was trying to put together a sophisticated vintage look for Goodwood a couple years ago.

I said no.

Margie

That’s one wild and cuh-razy guy!

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/25/18 9:48 a.m.

I did Buckethead with giant cardboard robot arms a few years ago. People tend to get really freaked out when you refuse to speak.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/25/18 10:27 a.m.

Party tomorrow.  I'm going as Hess vander Boer.

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
10/25/18 10:29 a.m.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
10/25/18 6:45 p.m.

SWMBO specifically requested my recent 501st-approved costume make an appearance for trick or treating at her place.  She's put together a decent Leia white gown costume, bought a projector to shine the Death Star on the garage, and some other Star Wars-related decoriations.  She says we will be the hit of the neighborhood, we shall see.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/27/18 8:11 a.m.

Last night our town had the "Witch's Walk"; free drinks here and there, nice night out.  This is my friend's 15 y/o daughter.

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
10/27/18 8:59 a.m.
Wally said:

If The Wife doesn’t start walking by then I suggested going as Leon Klinghoffer and Abu Abbas. 

You are one warped individual, and I say that in the most approving, admiring possible way. Bravo.

Back in high school (late 80s) I dressed up as an Arab terrorist and hijacked a chemistry class.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/27/18 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

That is an amazingly obscure reference. It would only be better if the party was on a dinner cruise boat or required taking the Staten Island Ferry. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/28/18 8:17 a.m.

My son & DIL, even got the pups to the party.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/28/18 8:45 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Does this make her a 'kept woman"? devil

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
10/28/18 9:42 a.m.

My wife and I went as Jack and Sally from A Nightmare Before Christmas and won the couples costume contest, it was a great night.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/28/18 10:04 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Floating Doc said:

I’d wear that on a normal day.

We don’t often do Halloween, but SWMBO’s work Xmas party this year is themed “Through the Ages” , so I’ll be digging through my vintage clothing collection for that. I haven’t decided between vintage cowboy or leisure suit though. 

Everyone does leisure suit. Hell, I've seen yours. Go cowboy. Preferably marlboro man era. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/28/18 10:38 a.m.

So, being that the party was at our English car club, I went as an Englishman's worst nightmare:

Hess vander Boer.   A Dutch (Afrikaner) farmer.  Which way is Spion Kop?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/28/18 10:57 a.m.

Low key compared to some, but I suit this one. This was heading to comicon, but it’s coming out again.  

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/31/18 12:17 p.m.

I admit, I'm not very creative. So, I am going as myself from a former occupation:

I got a lot of practice with the "Are you berkeleying kidding me?" face.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
10/31/18 12:24 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

So, being that the party was at our English car club, I went as an Englishman's worst nightmare:

I was expecting Joseph Lucas.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
10/31/18 1:15 p.m.

Proud papa, the jacket, hat, and scarf were hand knit by a friend. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
10/31/18 2:27 p.m.

WAYNE'S WORLD! WAYNE'S WORLD! PARTY TIME! EXCELLENT! 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SiGdpvSTAjhJiHVcCVr3AAZik17VBA5DYw6FYR0ECnGvFaGrB1Ph2wQ1oVTpTfSK