1 2 3 4
Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/20 8:07 p.m.

Sharks with Lasers got locked.......and we were just moving on to Tactical Dolphins and Turtles: The Special Forces of the Sea. This is obviously a thread that must continue.

What if we go past sea based animals, I'm thinking Laser Squirrels would be the next level in Tactical Animal Warfare, thoughts?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/3/20 8:13 p.m.

Chemical warfare skunks. Pretty much sells itself. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 8:16 p.m.

Would the MultiBear be considered a Tactical Animal, or just a Natural TurboPredator?

4/3/20 8:18 p.m.
Woody said:

Would the MultiBear be considered a Tactical Animal, or just a Natural TurboPredator?

Interesting! It could almost be a Weapon of Mass Destruction if you armored it and like....air dropped it in

4/3/20 8:19 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Chemical warfare skunks. Pretty much sells itself. 

It does, but I still feel lasers have to be involved somehow to really grab the Tactical Animal market

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/20 8:27 p.m.

In actuality, the US Navy trained dolphins to locate or recover warheads from the ocean floor, so it would not be a big leap to strap a warhead to the beluga head and train them to ram enemy shipping.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/3/20 8:34 p.m.

What about like, a paper machete grenade, but full of angry bees. 

4/3/20 8:36 p.m.
barefootskater said:

What about like, a paper machete grenade, but full of angry bees. 

Seen the movie Defendor? Great movie and has something similar.

Everyone should see that movie really

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 8:57 p.m.

I think we were making real progress on the shark lasers.

Tactical Nuclear Dolphin was suggested as a band name. Heck, I might have to start a band just to use it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/20 9:06 p.m.

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
bearmtnmartin said:

In actuality, the US Navy trained dolphins to locate or recover warheads from the ocean floor, so it would not be a big leap to strap a warhead to the beluga head and train them to ram enemy shipping.

They're clearly a capable reconnaissance platform, though apparently a bit too friendly.

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader

Tactical NUCLEAR Dolphin is indeed an improvement.  

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/3/20 9:12 p.m.

I was about to start a discussion on the effect of neutral buoyancy on GSWR too.  Boom, locked.  Lol. 

4/3/20 9:22 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I think we were making real progress on the shark lasers.

Tactical Nuclear Dolphin was suggested as a band name. Heck, I might have to start a band just to use it.

You should if not....ill write an instrumental titled it, it must not go to waste!

4/3/20 9:23 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Crab Ninjas, or Crab Samurai?

4/3/20 9:24 p.m.
11GTCS said:

I was about to start a discussion on the effect of neutral buoyancy on GSWR too.  Boom, locked.  Lol. 

Now is the time, post away!

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/3/20 9:33 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
11GTCS said:

Now is the time, post away!

Well OK then... given that the shark is a true fish vs. the alternative dolphin / narwhal / orca subjects being air breathing mammals, it’s reasonable to assume that the laser delivery platform is submerged at all times.  With that, the wouldn’t we need to consider that the weight of the laser as perceived by the shark would be reduced due to the laser also being submerged?  Therefore a lesser affect on GSWR?  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 10:03 p.m.

Does that change with depth? Seems like it should. 

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/3/20 10:45 p.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/3/20 11:30 p.m.

I was thinking on my bee-grenade suggestion and the big problem is supply. They say bees are going away. 
So we need supply. Cheap supply. Possibly an invasive species. These damn pigeons we have (European ring-necked doves, iirc) come to mind. Not super stealthy (noise, damn them) but numerous and airborne. Geese seem to be fairly aggressive, and they fly in formation, and have quite a range. 
I say something with geese. Line their beaks with razor blades and set them loose?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/4/20 12:11 a.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Crabo Stabo.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/4/20 12:18 a.m.

Is this limited to just animal mounted weaponry because We can remote control the animals themselves.

A pack of sharks controlled by a targeting AI?

Defensive grizzly bears and wolves around the house?

03Panther
03Panther Reader
4/4/20 12:39 a.m.
winkbearmtnmartin said:

Didn’t I see that movie back in the 70’s?wink

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
4/4/20 1:06 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Some animals can be controlled with external remote control, no need to stick electrodes in heads. 

Strap something to a cat, and lazer (pointer) guide it.  99% success rate, no training required.

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 Reader
4/4/20 1:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2660VKKewSL4QylNmg04rQbhghI3Ag7guRR1YEqxTGTyXYDoQ0EvT2h9myd53PWh