1 2 3 4
Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/4/20 9:29 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Could be a possibility. I'd kinda want to do some weird Primus funkiness on it.

4/4/20 9:30 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I've never heard of them, that's a cool sound

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/4/20 11:52 p.m.

As an aside, and a real footnote of history. During WW2, when it was acceptable to engage in city busting, the United States was experimenting with bat bombs. The idea was you would attach an incindiary device to a bunch of bats on a timer, release them from an airplane, and the bats would go roost in Japanese buildings.

Eventually, poof, delayed fire storm.

Yes, they actually tested them, and yes it was moderately successful (hey it burned down Carlsbad airfield) but nuclear weapons were eventually deployed before the bats.

4/4/20 11:57 p.m.

Also, explosive rats

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/5/20 12:13 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

Turtles are basically nature's bulldozers, and they're already armored, so those are both pluses. However, they have horrible eyesight. They do camouflage extremely well in the brush though. 

Seagulls could be pretty effective. All you'd have to do is drop some bread on your enemy & they'd get pecked to bits even if the lasers missed. 

What I got from this is we need to train seagulls to help the attack turtles find their target.

4/5/20 8:02 a.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete Gossett said:

Turtles are basically nature's bulldozers, and they're already armored, so those are both pluses. However, they have horrible eyesight. They do camouflage extremely well in the brush though. 

Seagulls could be pretty effective. All you'd have to do is drop some bread on your enemy & they'd get pecked to bits even if the lasers missed. 

What I got from this is we need to train seagulls to help the attack turtles find their target.

Spotter Seagulls and Tank Turtles?

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/5/20 9:35 a.m.
03Panther said:
winkbearmtnmartin said:

In actuality, the US Navy trained dolphins to locate or recover warheads from the ocean floor, so it would not be a big leap to strap a warhead to the beluga head and train them to ram enemy shipping.

Didn’t I see that movie back in the 70’s?wink

Day of the Dolphin  (1973)

"fa loves pa"

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/5/20 11:33 a.m.

Saw this and thought it might be relevant 

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/5/20 11:48 a.m.
barefootskater said:

Saw this and thought it might be relevant 

I think that cockatoo should be in the upper left quadrant. Yes, they are intelligent, but they are super affectionate birds. Very cuddly

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/5/20 4:42 p.m.

What about battle possums?

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/5/20 4:57 p.m.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/20 5:27 p.m.
11GTCS said:

What about battle possums?

You are wrong when one of the the choices is battle armadillos. 

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/5/20 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Always thought battle possum = armadillo?   Battle armadillo would clearly be an escalation!

daeman
daeman Dork
4/5/20 5:38 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

Domesticated cockies, sure. But wild cockatoos are definitely more towards the upper right. Noisey, destructive shiny happy people.

Wombats with some kind of armament and/or armour. They're like furry bulldozers. Bonus for puns. You could have wombattles. An army of combat wombats at your disposal

daeman
daeman Dork
4/5/20 5:44 p.m.

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/5/20 5:46 p.m.

How about a nunchuck woodchuck then?

4/5/20 5:57 p.m.
daeman said:

I got to see a lot of these in person at Cooberrie Park, they are bigger than I thought.

Emu are shiny happy people too and Cassowary are basically what raptors evolved into

4/5/20 5:58 p.m.
11GTCS said:

How about a nunchuck woodchuck then?

Violent ninja tree rats has a great ring to it

4/5/20 5:59 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

Honey Badgers are vicious, I'm not even sure we need to add lasers

daeman
daeman Dork
4/5/20 6:04 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah I think wombats surprise a lot of people as to their size. And they're so dense, you don't want to hit one in a car, it's like hitting a tree stump apparently. Thankfully I've never hit one, but I've see the damage other people have gitten and it's crazy.

Agreed emu's are definitely shiny happy people. But have you seen them run? Hilarious

4/5/20 6:08 p.m.
daeman said:

Yeah I think wombats surprise a lot of people as to their size. And they're so dense, you don't want to hit one in a car, it's like hitting a tree stump apparently. Thankfully I've never hit one, but I've see the damage other people have gitten and it's crazy.

Agreed emu's are definitely shiny happy people. But have you seen them run? Hilarious

I did see them run lol. Really they are all around a weird looking creature, and I thought moose were odd looking.

They would chase you around and try to eat the little bags of food you got too and didn't like to take no for an answer. I made a point to eat a lot of emu in Australia, which probably wasn't a win because it wasn't that great imo. I did like kangaroo though

4/5/20 6:09 p.m.

4/5/20 6:16 p.m.
11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/5/20 6:16 p.m.

Dude, you’re gonna have whole album here in no time!   Raucous samurai trash pandas?  

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/5/20 6:18 p.m.

In reply to The0retical (Forum Supporter) :

Wholly E36 M3! You owe me a keyboard.   Well played sir,well played.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jvP43xvhYdzR8AfaoHXnJToWskRfEzspx9vC4ECkFoxhF6rTuzJFLRQKQ8RWDGX7