ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
6/5/08 3:20 a.m.

I need a place to vent, I'm pretty P.O'ed right now.

Yesterday, I was driving along a winding two-way street in a residential area, doing about the speed limit of 40mph. There are very tall curbs on either side of the road, about 4" tall. A car going the other way was turning right onto a side street. The shiny happy person behind him in a Hummer H2 apparently couldn't wait the extra 15 seconds to brake and then go back to speed because he drives into my lane to go around the car and nearly sideswipes me. I had to drive as close to the right side of the road as possible to avoid an accident and ended up banging into the curb hard. I had to keep going about half a mile because there was no room to pull over (if the curbs weren't so damn high, I would have had enough space to pull over). I found a side street to pull into. I lost my front right wheel cover and the rear is scratched up. I walked back to about where the near-hit happened to try and find my wheel cover, but to no avail. Luckily, none of my tires were damaged and (so far) my Subie's steering appears to be OK. It was pretty dark yesterday so I don't know yet if there's any paint damage.

GlennS
GlennS Reader
6/5/08 10:40 a.m.

you in an an area with a small enough population to find the H2?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/08 11:09 a.m.

Rule #1: Stay in your lane and hit the bastard or allow them to hit you. Rule #2: If you are afraid of what will happen in the accident just remember that brake cleaner will clean the cuts and chicks dig scars. Rule #3: Watch T.V. after 11 pm and choose your settlement lawyer ;)

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
6/5/08 12:10 p.m.

Did you get the license plate? Please say that you can find this douche.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/5/08 12:24 p.m.
GlennS wrote: you in an an area with a small enough population to find the H2?

Police love big yellow H2s because they're easy to see from the air. Wish I could say more...

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
6/5/08 12:56 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Rule #1: Stay in your lane and hit the bastard or allow them to hit you.

As I understand the description of this scenario, that course of action could have resulted in a head on with an H2. That is probably not the best plan.

John Brown wrote: Rule #2: If you are afraid of what will happen in the accident just remember that brake cleaner will clean the cuts and chicks dig scars.

Brake cleaner won't fix what a head on with an H2 will cause. Depending on the car, a squeegee will likely be required.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
6/5/08 1:02 p.m.

There are drivers that use this right-hand turn lane to cut in front of traffic on my way home all the time here in Hunt Valley, MD. The backup is normally about 1/2 mile long, but it's managed well by traffic lights. The people who screw it up are the ones who blast by all the traffic and then wedge themselves in at the last second in front of all the patient motorists.

I cannot wait until the day when I see an accident there. It won't cause any harm to drivers because of how slow we all move, but someone will get in trouble with the police and their insurance company.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/5/08 1:02 p.m.

He was probably one of those damned hypermilers trying to maintain his speed.

GameboyRMH
6/5/08 1:04 p.m.
billy3esq wrote: Brake cleaner won't fix what a head on with an H2 will cause. Depending on the car, a squeegee will likely be required.

Some coke and a wire broom will take care of it.

GameboyRMH
6/5/08 1:06 p.m.
Wally wrote: He was probably one of those damned hypermilers trying to maintain his speed.

You joke but he really could be.

"Come onnnn, just need to get this thing to the used car dealership...darn what's that little thing down there?...AW CRAP!"

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
6/6/08 3:51 a.m.
GlennS said:you in an an area with a small enough population to find the H2?

H2s may not be a dime a dozen around MA like they were before the gas troubles, but they're still too common. Hell, the fact that they were built in the first place makes them too common. I loathe H2s with the fury of a billion burning suns!

I sadly did not get his lisence plate: He did not have one on the front of is car, which is a violation of state law (unless he's from out-of-state). Not that I would have noticed since I was too high on adrenaline and worried about my car's steering at that point. And yeah, about staying in my lane: I wasn't feeling particularly suicidal that day.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/6/08 7:24 a.m.

the Hummer brand is currently tanking due to gas prices. A little thing to help you feel better.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
6/6/08 9:11 a.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote:
GlennS said:you in an an area with a small enough population to find the H2?
H2s may not be a dime a dozen around MA like they were before the gas troubles, but they're still too common. Hell, the fact that they were built in the first place makes them too common. I loathe H2s with the fury of a billion burning suns! I sadly did not get his lisence plate: He did not have one on the front of is car, which is a violation of state law (unless he's from out-of-state). Not that I would have noticed since I was too high on adrenaline and worried about my car's steering at that point. And yeah, about staying in my lane: I wasn't feeling particularly suicidal that day.

Some of us thought you two were going in the same direction and that he was in the lane to your left and decided to side-swipe you.

But head-on ---- that jackass.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/08 9:59 a.m.

ouch.... I recently was sort of involved in an accident thanks to a careless Tahoe owner. Four lane road (two each way) and I am in the outside lane when this Silver Tahoe decides my lane is better (the light had gone green) and did not even look before taking it.

I braked hard, the guy behind me braked hard.. the guy behind him, didn't brake at all. The Tahoe either didn't know they caused an accident or didn't care because they just kept going.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
6/9/08 11:22 a.m.

I deliver pizza in the "rich" part of town... i've seen a few h2's parked in the garage with car covers on em with smaller SUV's in the driveway with people getting out... i get a kick outa that :)

GameboyRMH
6/9/08 2:41 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: ouch.... I recently was sort of involved in an accident thanks to a careless Tahoe owner. Four lane road (two each way) and I am in the outside lane when this Silver Tahoe decides my lane is better (the light had gone green) and did not even look before taking it. I braked hard, the guy behind me braked hard.. the guy behind him, didn't brake at all. The Tahoe either didn't know they caused an accident or didn't care because they just kept going.

I've had SUVs and trucks try to change lanes or pull out into me when driving the AE92. The roof level is lower than their mirrors so they just don't see it. The Samurai, on the other hand, seems to be just plain invisible to everyone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ok0ZA7VLcCcPuFltNLgOZzKj5LIe3O7fulDGxg52kz4PxUG9AWlrTSIazVpog62z