1 2
GregW
GregW New Reader
4/4/11 12:56 p.m.

Have you ever fired a .44 mag? I have and I thought it nearly collapsed every cartlige in my wrist. Effective but hurts.

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 New Reader
4/4/11 9:50 p.m.

I love my 6" GP100. Smooth right out of the box and it was way cheaper than the S & W.

A revolver is the original point and click interface.

RossD
RossD Dork
4/5/11 2:18 p.m.

In reply to WilberM3:

I just shot a .454 Casull this weekend. The subsequent firing of .45 long colts felt like .22 LRs.

Shot out of this: http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesMain/454B8.jpg

JohnGalt
JohnGalt Reader
4/5/11 3:10 p.m.

Don't know how we have had a pistol/revolver thread without the most famous pistol ever.

The Deagle brand Deagle.

The gun that instantly bestows operator status, and a real mans carry gun.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
4/5/11 3:27 p.m.
GregW wrote: Have you ever fired a .44 mag? I have and I thought it nearly collapsed every cartlige in my wrist. Effective but hurts.

We have one in the family. I won't lie, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing unless I fire it dirty harry style, and even then I'd be lucky to have an 18" cluster at 20'. I'm sure it's a fantastic shooting weapon in the right hands, but I'd have better results using it as a club.

Will
Will HalfDork
4/5/11 5:13 p.m.
JohnGalt wrote: Don't know how we have had a pistol/revolver thread without the most famous pistol ever. The Deagle brand Deagle. The gun that instantly bestows operator status, and a real mans carry gun.

That's not a revolver.

WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
4/5/11 8:25 p.m.
RossD wrote: In reply to WilberM3: I just shot a .454 Casull this weekend. The subsequent firing of .45 long colts felt like .22 LRs. Shot out of this:

that just looks painful to fire. awesome but painful.

does that round have a typical use like backpacking in alaska in case of bears or something?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/5/11 9:11 p.m.

CANOE? for you?

JohnGalt
JohnGalt Reader
4/6/11 12:21 a.m.
Will wrote:
JohnGalt wrote: Don't know how we have had a pistol/revolver thread without the most famous pistol ever. The Deagle brand Deagle. The gun that instantly bestows operator status, and a real mans carry gun.
That's not a revolver.

Ah but it shoots 357. mag and 44. mag, just like a revolver... a fixed barrel like a revolver... and weighs a ton like a lot of revolvers...

and i just wanted to post a picture of a tiger striped Deagle.

digdug18
digdug18 Dork
4/6/11 12:47 a.m.
JohnGalt wrote:
Will wrote:
That's not a revolver.
Ah but it shoots 357. mag and 44. mag, just like a revolver... a fixed barrel like a revolver... and weighs a ton like a lot of revolvers... and i just wanted to post a picture of a tiger striped Deagle.

It is also gas operated, still not a revolver though.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle New Reader
4/6/11 5:57 a.m.

I have a Ruger Service Six .357. I really enjoy going to the range with it, and God help the person that gets in to my house if I am there holding it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
4/6/11 7:49 a.m.

Rossi M88, .38spl. Got it on my 21st b-day from my parents. Thing has been flawless for 1500+ rounds and is still just as shiny and smooth as the day I brought it home.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/11 7:54 a.m.

When they let me out of prison, I took revenge on my Brother's Killers with this:

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
4/6/11 12:26 p.m.

Hey from hampton inn Leeds barber motorsports park

RossD
RossD Dork
4/6/11 1:18 p.m.
WilberM3 wrote:
RossD wrote: In reply to WilberM3: I just shot a .454 Casull this weekend. The subsequent firing of .45 long colts felt like .22 LRs. Shot out of this:
that just looks painful to fire. awesome but painful. does that round have a typical use like backpacking in alaska in case of bears or something?

My buddy owns it; he said he is bored of shooting whitetail in Wisconsin with rifles so he's going to use that revolver. The gun lets you know you just shot a big chunk of lead, that's for sure, but other than some soft tissue soreness between the thumb and index finger, the kick wasn't that bad. Of course I'm a 6'-1", 195 lb man of steel...

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
4/6/11 1:31 p.m.
RossD wrote:
WilberM3 wrote:
that just looks painful to fire. awesome but painful. does that round have a typical use like backpacking in alaska in case of bears or something?
My buddy owns it; he said he is bored of shooting whitetail in Wisconsin with rifles so he's going to use that revolver. The gun lets you know you just shot a big chunk of lead, that's for sure, but other than some soft tissue soreness between the thumb and index finger, the kick wasn't that bad. Of course I'm a 6'-1", 195 lb man of steel...

Interestingly, my buddies raging bull with 44 mag and a ported barrel has an almost negligable recoil. I mean .22 mag kinda recoil.

Joey

Will
Will HalfDork
4/6/11 8:45 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Hey from hampton inn Leeds barber motorsports park

Also not a revolver...

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
4/6/11 11:38 p.m.
Will wrote:
Karl La Follette wrote: Hey from hampton inn Leeds barber motorsports park
Also not a revolver...