1 2
André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/7/08 1:12 p.m.

Can't beat, might as well enjoy it.

PHeller
PHeller Reader
12/7/08 1:40 p.m.

She's beating snow, I guess she doesn't enjoy it.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/7/08 6:07 p.m.

We got quite a bit here as well.....too bad I'm having so many issues with the snowmobile.

I've gotten it to run long enough for 1 block @ 60mph

then it stalled....and won't restart

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/7/08 6:34 p.m.

Sounds like spark plug is getting fouled?

A.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/7/08 6:48 p.m.

can't tell.... not even popping when I pull the recoil now. yanked the plugs and am getting good spark, tore the carbs apart and cleaned them out pretty good.

might have a pilot screw or 2 out of adjustment.

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
12/7/08 7:22 p.m.

Yall can keep the snow up there. Down here in Atl it is getting into the mid 20sF at night at my house north of the city. I am burning a fire constantly and still freezing my ass off. I spent a lage portion of my childhood in the Sahara desert and have never learned to like weather colder than 60F. I hate being cold, It sucks

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/7/08 7:53 p.m.

-15 and dropping. I have a friend who has not had power since noon today. Some major line broke or something. Nasty.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081207/OTT_power_outage_081207/20081207/?hub=OttawaHome

A.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/7/08 7:57 p.m.

snow means salt, salt kills car, so snow is bad.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/7/08 8:07 p.m.

but,, there's something to be said for the following combination.

1 Car, RWD preferred

+

1 Empty snow covered parking lot

=

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/7/08 8:08 p.m.

i have that fun with my fwd, either do it in reverse, or use the ebrake

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/7/08 8:37 p.m.

Yes, the salt kills our cars.

GT6 will never see that stuff, but my poor Mazda.

My Mazda will be the last "cool" daily driver I will ever buy.

It pains me how much the environment has impact her.

Not much I can do, the next daily driver will just be a plain Jane.

A.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/7/08 8:41 p.m.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
12/7/08 9:15 p.m.

In reply to André Rousseau:

-15? that's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra face down in a snowbank !! it's 13 F (10.5 C) here outside of Rochester NY. Looks like the everyone was having a great time sledding !!

Chebbie_sb

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
12/7/08 10:18 p.m.
i have that fun with my fwd, either do it in reverse, or use the ebrake

Or, use your two God given feet like your supposed to

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/8/08 12:38 a.m.

no, I have the spiked slip ons for my shoes, so i can stay on two feet. But the snow gives me an excuse to use other peoples money to get new toys... new huskavarna snow blower!

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
12/8/08 7:11 a.m.

Some clarity on temps.

I belive Andre is saying that it is -13C. That is about 5F. Don't get me wrong, that is still F-ing cold.

Chebbie says its 13F at his place. That is about -10.5C.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
12/8/08 7:19 a.m.

Salt is Baaad , Mkay?

Look under any Sonett

Made for the USA. Front wheel drive from the land of Ice and Snow.

But no, here in the US we like our roads bare all year. And '70's steel was no match for wheel driven rock salt.

It was hidden from view under fiberglass ( read all the funny ads for "found" Sonetts : " Rust Free survivor ! " ( means no one has looked under neath!)

André Rousseau
André Rousseau Reader
12/8/08 7:45 a.m.

It was -21C this morning.

Which is -5F

BEFORE THE WIND CHILL FACTOR!!!

A.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/8/08 9:20 a.m.

I'd coat the bottom of any winter car with that Waxoyl stuff (or something similar). Lots of it.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
12/8/08 9:53 a.m.

Heck last winter I had several wonderful weeks of -20 to -35 degrees F and at times winds kicking up around 30mph. Had nothing but a wood stove to keep the place warm. Had snow on the ground from November to June.

Once it warmed up to around -10 or -15 I was walking around outside in a t shirt, flip flops and shorts to go collect the firewood for the day.

iceracer
iceracer Reader
12/8/08 10:01 a.m.

Good. It'll be freezing the lakes so I can go ice racing.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
12/8/08 10:22 a.m.

In reply to jrw1621:

Check your numbers JRW, 13F=13F here ! not as cold as Andre (thank god!)

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
12/8/08 3:51 p.m.

We had our first "snow" yesterday (it was more like a dusting; very little accumulation). So far, our winter has been pretty mild, although today it's only 10F with windchill of 0F. More importantly, they haven't salted the roads yet, so I can still drive my RX-7 without fear of having its underside corroded away. Unfortunatly, I have to keep it operational at least through part of this winter so I can make sure my repairs and mods work. I fixed my RX-7's thermostat on Saturday in the cold, which I'm pretty proud of since I've never fixed one before. I'm hoping to get at least a little snow. I haven't been sideways in my Subaru for a while!

sachilles
sachilles Reader
12/8/08 4:50 p.m.

We got our second major snow last night. When I got up for work it was -4°F. This will be the second time that I break out the plow so far this year. The most we have gotten at once this season is about 8 inches.....I'm still waiting for one of those big storms.

My wife is due with our first child around January 30th. Why do I think a blizzard will hit us when the magic day comes?

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt New Reader
12/8/08 5:23 p.m.

I haven't seen snow in three years. No salt to hurt the cars, but snow would be nice in Raleigh

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iOJvY9hFgdcVTRe5FnLvHB101oNB1Pe2xV4zblCtv3Ncb5iO3Q39Nxv31MCU1ech