Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/16/18 8:52 p.m.

There goes my night.

In completely unrelated news: Why didn't anyone tell me how much more comfortable suspenders are than a belt?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/16/18 8:56 p.m.

I guess I'll have to watch my own cats for entertainment.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/16/18 9:06 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

I was all set for another night of learning how little gray aliens are in fact actually interdimentional demonic spirits, and watching videos about goldfish.

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/18 9:08 p.m.

I thought the app on my firestick was just acting goofy. Hooray for Motortrend On Demand!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/16/18 9:09 p.m.

Suspenders you say? Can you hide them under a shirt comfortably?

Oh, and that sucks about YouTube. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/16/18 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I did that today. I wore them over an under shirt but under my button up shirt. The only issue was when taking a number 2, I had to take off the button up shirt. But that hassle  is well worth it. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/16/18 9:16 p.m.

Im gonna have to try this.  Thanks!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/18 9:36 p.m.

Nope. Still watching road rage videos looking for tips and tricks.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/16/18 9:47 p.m.

It seems to be back now. What a relief. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/18 9:47 p.m.
Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/16/18 10:23 p.m.
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/18 5:04 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

There goes my night.

In completely unrelated news: Why didn't anyone tell me how much more comfortable suspenders are than a belt?

Oh the benefits of being 6hours ahead, slept through it

also, it was my understanding that suspenders were to be worn with belts... not instead?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
10/17/18 5:48 a.m.

Not among hipsters. They whip out the old Henry Ford (?) quote about how you can't trust a man who doesn't even trust his own pants and look down on you from heights only obtainable with a man bun.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
10/17/18 6:42 a.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

It's quite possible that I'm slowly becoming a hipster. I've grown a beard, ride bicycles and now wear suspenders. 

As to weather you're supposed to wear them with a belt, I have no idea. But I don't have to crush my pelvis to keep my pants from falling down anymore so I'm okay with it. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/18 6:43 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

Wow, that's ironic. laugh

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/17/18 7:28 a.m.

Yea we had to go without our wood turning videos and ended up getting hooked on that new hill house series on Netflix instead. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/17/18 7:38 a.m.

I saw one of my buddies post about that last night and he asked what he was going to do.

I told him to just change the first three letters and enjoy!

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/17/18 8:25 a.m.

Re: suspenders. I wore them about 20 years ago when I wore a suit for work. My understanding is either suspenders or a belt because the purpose is the same. To keep your pants up. By the way, get buttons sewn into your pants for quality suspenders. The clasp style works ok but in my opinion just doesn't quite work as well due to the occasional unintended release.. dont even get me started on shirt stays...

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/17/18 8:28 a.m.
sleepyhead said:

also, it was my understanding that suspenders were to be worn with belts... not instead?

"Belt and suspenders" is a synonym for "redundancy".

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/18 9:04 a.m.

Yeah it ate E36 M3 just as I was uploading some videos from the Challenge.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/17/18 9:11 a.m.
Duke said:
sleepyhead said:

From a style perspective, this is true. The only time that you should be wearing belt and suspenders is when they're there for other purposes, i.e. a holster, tool belt, etc.

An old man from my moms hometown wore overalls to everything. When he had to go to a "fancy" dinner, he'd just throw a dress shirt over it and it looked like it was unbuttoned. Of course, this is in an area where folks dress slacks likely have cargo pockets.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/17/18 9:12 a.m.

Fortunately just before the outage I had launched a Living Colour concert. It played fine all evening. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/17/18 10:08 a.m.
Duke said:
sleepyhead said:

maybe I tortured that reference too much for it to be funny?

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
10/17/18 10:26 a.m.

I had to watch regular TV for an hour. It was beyond horrifying. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/17/18 10:47 a.m.

I noticed it went down, but attributed it to the flakey internet connection at my hotel.  Gave me an excuse to go to bed on time, although I still woke up exhausted.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k7JjV9ezskcrmUbkBF1M3UxUnzFc4wIC6SQCFhOiURiIIN5iCLr4DxGTeyyFmebw