John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/11 9:30 p.m.

...in my front yard this morning

From July 28, 2011

Most was well until the douche in the 1 ton Chebby dually drove through to see if his power was out and the wave wiped out the skirting and enveloped the cars...

From July 28, 2011

He got his on the way back through when we forced him to stop and his diesel took a rather large drink of sewage ending his day (you can see it on the right on the second pic).

If anyone has a line on a Golf, Jetta or Beetle in need of a 1.8T for sale cheap ($500-$2000), and maybe a good baby hauler for $2500-$4000 let me know.

We are holed up in a telly tonight and I will be back to work tomorrow so drop me a line if you have anything.

JmfnB

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/28/11 9:36 p.m.

That sucks. Poor luck mate.

Why stop at 1.8t? I think you are more of a turbo VR man.

carzan
carzan HalfDork
7/28/11 9:40 p.m.

Damn...just...damn.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/28/11 9:50 p.m.

Wow, so sorry to hear.

John Brown
7/28/11 9:53 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: That sucks. Poor luck mate. Why stop at 1.8t? I think you are more of a turbo VR man.

Well... I have this 1.8t that has been washed fro the bottom up in need of a car that does not smell of trailer park water ;)

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/28/11 10:15 p.m.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2466702584.html
Swap the interior from the wrecked car into your Jetta?

pigeon
pigeon Dork
7/28/11 10:19 p.m.

Damn! That sucks. Good luck with the cars and hopefully that didn't get into the house.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/29/11 1:37 a.m.
John Brown wrote: If anyone has a line on a Golf, Jetta or Beetle in need of a 1.8T for sale cheap ($500-$2000), and maybe a good baby hauler for $2500-$4000 let me know. We are holed up in a telly tonight and I will be back to work tomorrow so drop me a line if you have anything. JmfnB

Almost certainly NOT what you are looking for, but hey, it is in your price range.

2002 SAAB 9-5, 130,000 miles, 40,000 miles on new engine (replaced under warranty), AC doesn't work, stick. It's Swedish, so I don't know that you would call it reliable, but you're coming from a VW. So yeah. I'd rate it as "fair" condition, $3500 asking and negotiable.

If this is a canoe, either delete it or let me know.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/29/11 5:26 a.m.

just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you...not the most useful or original thing to say, but you are in our thoughts

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
7/29/11 6:57 a.m.

What Joey said - hope everything works out for you John, thinking and praying for you.

(Unrelated - Joey, I got your email and am looking into it.)

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
7/29/11 7:53 a.m.

Sorry to hear about that - hope you and your family are safe.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/29/11 8:42 a.m.

Sucks mofo, hope everything returns to normal soon. Not sure if its any help, but if you guys need any clothing or other household stuff, let me know, I have plenty to donate to the cause.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/29/11 9:40 a.m.

That really sucks, sorry man.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
7/29/11 9:48 a.m.

Good luck, Quasi. I hope the house is dry and above water, even if the cars have issues. We're thinking about you.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/11 9:58 a.m.

Mofo, if you really need wheels and are running out of options you can borrow my '96 PGT for a while.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
7/29/11 10:12 a.m.

Damn dude. What can I do?

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/29/11 10:51 a.m.

And you thought a Volkswagen had electrical issues before......

Sorry to see it. I've never had a car flooded and I never hope to. I get too attached to have to strip one that doesn't "look" damaged.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/11 11:13 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Damn dude. What can I do?

live on high ground, LOL.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/29/11 6:23 p.m.

ugh, that sucks. hang in there....

John Brown
7/29/11 7:18 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Damn dude. What can I do?
live on high ground, LOL.

That E36 M3's not funny... okay it's hilarious, but don't let Leann hear it ;)

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
7/29/11 7:40 p.m.

Flooding in the detroit area? I am surprised, since I have been reading news from that area since the folks are moving in that direction, and I hadn't heard anything. I will talk to my local VW friends to see if they have anything.

John Brown
7/29/11 10:07 p.m.

http://www.wilx.com/

I am in the middle of the state, we get a fair amount of lake effect rain and snow.

xd
xd Reader
7/30/11 12:14 a.m.

Um not to down play this but did you know that Dave Akerly is getting the boot from WLNS now that's sad. That guy was comic relief and that pimping mustache of his. Michigan's economy must really suck if they cant afford him. Sorry about your car and house or whatever but I'm freaking shocked. That guy was a tourist attraction. Lansing only saving grace is if Textme TV is still on the air.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G7xVkpVsjDX3t4ctB1EPIRrwICzJEzqw8BoADq6B6G8Ih35Hj4BPUfpJxNm4vKS4