John Brown SuperDork
July 28, 2011 9:30 p.m.

...in my front yard this morning

From July 28, 2011

Most was well until the douche in the 1 ton Chebby dually drove through to see if his power was out and the wave wiped out the skirting and enveloped the cars...

From July 28, 2011

He got his on the way back through when we forced him to stop and his diesel took a rather large drink of sewage ending his day (you can see it on the right on the second pic).

If anyone has a line on a Golf, Jetta or Beetle in need of a 1.8T for sale cheap ($500-$2000), and maybe a good baby hauler for $2500-$4000 let me know.

We are holed up in a telly tonight and I will be back to work tomorrow so drop me a line if you have anything.

JmfnB

Maroon92 SuperDork
July 28, 2011 9:36 p.m.

That sucks. Poor luck mate.

Why stop at 1.8t? I think you are more of a turbo VR man.

carzan HalfDork
July 28, 2011 9:40 p.m.

Damn...just...damn.

jrw1621 SuperDork
July 28, 2011 9:50 p.m.

Wow, so sorry to hear.

John Brown SuperDork
July 28, 2011 9:53 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: That sucks. Poor luck mate. Why stop at 1.8t? I think you are more of a turbo VR man.

Well... I have this 1.8t that has been washed fro the bottom up in need of a car that does not smell of trailer park water ;)

jrw1621 SuperDork
July 28, 2011 10:15 p.m.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2466702584.html
Swap the interior from the wrecked car into your Jetta?

pigeon Dork
July 28, 2011 10:19 p.m.

Damn! That sucks. Good luck with the cars and hopefully that didn't get into the house.

mtn SuperDork
July 29, 2011 1:37 a.m.
John Brown wrote: If anyone has a line on a Golf, Jetta or Beetle in need of a 1.8T for sale cheap ($500-$2000), and maybe a good baby hauler for $2500-$4000 let me know. We are holed up in a telly tonight and I will be back to work tomorrow so drop me a line if you have anything. JmfnB

Almost certainly NOT what you are looking for, but hey, it is in your price range.

2002 SAAB 9-5, 130,000 miles, 40,000 miles on new engine (replaced under warranty), AC doesn't work, stick. It's Swedish, so I don't know that you would call it reliable, but you're coming from a VW. So yeah. I'd rate it as "fair" condition, $3500 asking and negotiable.

If this is a canoe, either delete it or let me know.

JoeyM SuperDork
July 29, 2011 5:26 a.m.

just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you...not the most useful or original thing to say, but you are in our thoughts

fastEddie SuperDork
July 29, 2011 6:57 a.m.

What Joey said - hope everything works out for you John, thinking and praying for you.

(Unrelated - Joey, I got your email and am looking into it.)

July 29, 2011 7:53 a.m.

Sorry to hear about that - hope you and your family are safe.

4cylndrfury SuperDork
July 29, 2011 8:42 a.m.

Sucks mofo, hope everything returns to normal soon. Not sure if its any help, but if you guys need any clothing or other household stuff, let me know, I have plenty to donate to the cause.

July 29, 2011 9:40 a.m.

That really sucks, sorry man.

Duke SuperDork
July 29, 2011 9:48 a.m.

Good luck, Quasi. I hope the house is dry and above water, even if the cars have issues. We're thinking about you.

AngryCorvair SuperDork
July 29, 2011 9:58 a.m.

Mofo, if you really need wheels and are running out of options you can borrow my '96 PGT for a while.

poopshovel SuperDork
July 29, 2011 10:12 a.m.

Damn dude. What can I do?

mndsm SuperDork
July 29, 2011 10:51 a.m.

And you thought a Volkswagen had electrical issues before......

Sorry to see it. I've never had a car flooded and I never hope to. I get too attached to have to strip one that doesn't "look" damaged.

AngryCorvair SuperDork
July 29, 2011 11:13 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Damn dude. What can I do?

live on high ground, LOL.

July 29, 2011 6:23 p.m.

ugh, that sucks. hang in there....

John Brown SuperDork
July 29, 2011 7:18 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Damn dude. What can I do?

live on high ground, LOL.

That E36 M3's not funny... okay it's hilarious, but don't let Leann hear it ;)

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
July 29, 2011 7:40 p.m.

Flooding in the detroit area? I am surprised, since I have been reading news from that area since the folks are moving in that direction, and I hadn't heard anything. I will talk to my local VW friends to see if they have anything.

John Brown SuperDork
July 29, 2011 10:07 p.m.

http://www.wilx.com/

I am in the middle of the state, we get a fair amount of lake effect rain and snow.

xd Reader
July 30, 2011 12:14 a.m.

Um not to down play this but did you know that Dave Akerly is getting the boot from WLNS now that's sad. That guy was comic relief and that pimping mustache of his. Michigan's economy must really suck if they cant afford him. Sorry about your car and house or whatever but I'm freaking shocked. That guy was a tourist attraction. Lansing only saving grace is if Textme TV is still on the air.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Your Projects: E46 M3 Transformation

2 hours ago in News

Watch this E46 M3 go from tuned street car to winged time trial racer in just one page.

Autocross: It's a Jeep Thing

20 hours ago in Articles

What’s a yellow Jeep doing on an autocross course?

GRM Live on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

23 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Tech Tips: 2005-'14 Ford Mustang GT

1 day ago in Articles

Want to learn some speed tricks for the S197 Ford Mustang GT? We brought in an expert.

Removing Clear Bra From Project Rallycross Focus

1 day ago in Project Cars

Our latest to-do item was motivated by self-respect rather than speed.

2017 Ram 1500 Night Edition Crew Cab

1 day ago in New Car Reviews

Half-ton trucks are just getting bigger and bigger, aren't they. This Ram 150, dubbed "Night Edition," is really an optioned-out ...

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

1 day ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Action Cam Guide

2 days ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

2 days ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

2 days ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

4 days ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

5 days ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
uvaH6hpPqYjGmdRUSEWtOZdhAJxTCAL1