1 2 3
Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
7/5/18 7:12 p.m.

I tried crushing it, it may speed absorbtion but it's a mess and not worth it if you can just let it sit overnight. 

I do mine in a 5 gallon bucket, just put a layer of salt an inch or two deep in the bucket and fill with water, shake every once in a while.  I pour the brine into the sprayer and refill with water and some more salt, there's always some small pieces remaining. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
7/5/18 7:43 p.m.

Cool thanks.  I'll make up a batch for both weed killing and electro-etching.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/11/18 7:59 p.m.

Sprayed at 100 psi, a little too much pressure but it did penetrate deeper into the bush. Cut back to 50 psi and still a cloud. 15 psi oughta be enough. Waaay faster than the HF pump sprayer, like 1/10th the time. My neighbor is interested now, they seemed relieved it wasn't some kinda Agent Orange. 

Good results here:

It's been six weeks since spraying, grass is just starting to come back in a few spots now. Beats the hell outta cutting w/ push mower every week. I'll spray another round soon. Dad started using the brine instead of RoundUp, watering can for the driveway weeds. 

I have not salted the earth... yet.

My brine tanks, 40 lb bag in about 25 gal water each:

Pellets will initially dissolve down to peanut size, more if ya let 'em sit for days or weeks. 

I mix w/ this, it don't piss around. A wooden stick will work too but not as fun.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
8/11/18 8:13 p.m.

You're timing of this update is spooky.  I tried this recipe/method for the first time earlier today. I'm hoping for good results.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4nSE0F15DPDfvkEvrNkwijErO0irKHddnfRZFXe0dMshkIP27YkjGa3Z26ZoCSoA