1 2
Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
9/22/11 11:06 a.m.

In reply to Basil Exposition:

That is what happened to me - the wall of text. I was excited about the prospect of reading one of his books after hearing so many good things about them. A friend loaned me one. I couldn't get through a page or two. Maybe I should try again with the first book.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
9/22/11 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Basil Exposition:

I agree. There is a level of "polish" on the first book the rest lack, but you get past it after awhile.

I'm patiently waiting for 200 mph Steamroller Pt 2. Looking at the website, I guess he needs to sell enough copies of Pt 1 to pay for printing Pt 2.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid HalfDork
9/22/11 11:53 a.m.

If I had anything to complain about, it's the consistent off-topic ramblings that he adds to the book. I feel like it's filler. I found it rather unbearable after a while and I would skim through until the story started up again. It's fine if it's a quick background of a driver or car, but when it got into 1950's politics and stuff about characters that had nothing to do with the storyline, I found myself getting annoyed.

Its like sitting in the doctors office waiting room and having to read magazines you don't like or stuck watching the soap operas the receptionists leave on for themselves.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
9/22/11 2:49 p.m.

Now that you mention it, I did that a lot as well, depending on my mood. I imagine that was the sort of stuff that was heavily edited out of the first book.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1G6x61oWLjEpZ8TbNBLlEiiKCnNdqlWfTGSn5i7zpopfAQguqaTsOTY0jGPbnBuA