1 2 3 4
Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
12/19/09 9:30 a.m.

Send him a couple free mags, JG. He may not have seen it. Maybe you can get Leno to talk to him about The Mag and how being featured in it is a real career booster for the Hollywood Entertainment Scene people.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/21/09 6:29 a.m.

And remember his car also fits into the Classic scene... Two 60,000ct. mags with one interview...

TJ
TJ Dork
12/21/09 7:34 a.m.

Until I watched this movie I have never heard of Eric Bana. I'm guessing from some of the posts here, he was in the latest Star Trek movie? I just watched that this weekend, and I'm not sure who he played. My celebrity-fu is not strong.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
12/21/09 8:08 a.m.

He played the bad guy, TJ.

John Brown
12/21/09 8:52 a.m.

Funny, I watched Star Trek right after finishing LtB.

Never made the connection.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
12/21/09 8:53 a.m.
JFX001 wrote: ...it's been your car forever...it's a part of your Life....fix it.

... and build a clone to actually race.

mapper
mapper New Reader
12/21/09 9:22 a.m.

He was also Bruce Banner in the first "New" Hulk movie and also Hector in the movie Troy.

TJ
TJ Dork
12/21/09 9:43 a.m.

Thanks. I haven't seen the Hulk movie yet, but I did see Troy.

I thought the funniest part were the Leno appearances when they had to talk about whatever movie he was trying to sell at the time, but both of them would've rather been out in the parking lot talking cars than being on tv.

Does Dr. Phil have any car cred? Is he a racer or a collector? Or he is just in the movie so we can get our wives to watch it with us?

John Brown
12/21/09 10:09 a.m.

Actually I think the Phil parts were part of a different interview from the DR.Phil show and were used in the movie due to the overlapping theme.

It also helps non car people understand the reality that car people live in.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/21/09 11:13 a.m.

I asked this in the other thread, but does anyone know how to stream this from the streetfire site to my xbox?

Joey

Carrera4
Carrera4 Reader
12/21/09 1:50 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: I wish they had explained the catastrophic failure in the yellow Carrera though.

Looked like he blew a tire. Lots of chunks came up off the right rear just before he went off the road.

Carrera4
Carrera4 Reader
12/21/09 1:51 p.m.
TJ wrote: Until I watched this movie I have never heard of Eric Bana. I'm guessing from some of the posts here, he was in the latest Star Trek movie? I just watched that this weekend, and I'm not sure who he played. My celebrity-fu is not strong.

He played Nero (the baddie)

John Brown
12/21/09 2:23 p.m.
Carrera4 wrote:
dyintorace wrote: I wish they had explained the catastrophic failure in the yellow Carrera though.
Looked like he blew a tire. Lots of chunks came up off the right rear just before he went off the road.

It looked a bit more like internal engine from what I saw.

Here is my question...

If you cry after the son's phone call do you get extra man points?

John Brown
12/21/09 2:27 p.m.

Love the Beast

• Next Airing:

• Sun Jan 3 @ 2:00pm ET

unk577
unk577 New Reader
12/21/09 2:30 p.m.

His best role has to be in Black Hawk Down.

unk577 wrote: His best role has to be in Black Hawk Down.

Disagree - "Munich" was his best. If you haven't seen this movie, it is fantastico!

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/21/09 3:25 p.m.
Marty! The quicker picker-upper.... wrote:
Disagree - "Munich" was his best. If you haven't seen this movie, it is fantastico!

I liked Munich. I always admired the concept of a Nazi hunter, and that movie is sort of along those lines. (except not Nazis, and he killed the bad guys instead of taking them to court...)

Joey

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
12/21/09 3:26 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: I asked this in the other thread, but does anyone know how to stream this from the streetfire site to my xbox?

I don't believe there is currently any software to make that happen, there used to be an app which enabled streaming of youtube but I don't think it works anymore.

Your best bet is to download the movie via newsgroup or torrent and then stream it from your pc/mac.

TJ
TJ Dork
12/21/09 3:51 p.m.

I haven't seen Munich and thought Black Hawk Down was terrible.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/21/09 3:59 p.m.

Loved Munich, but if you haven't seen Chopper you haven't seen his best work.

jg

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/21/09 7:12 p.m.
Marty! The quicker picker-upper.... wrote:

I've seen both, he was fantastic in both. He really had me believing his 'Southern accent' in BHD.

mapper
mapper New Reader
12/21/09 7:21 p.m.

Munich was good but very depressing. Black Hawk Down came from Mark Bowden's book and articles. I have never read the book but did read the entire series of articles. The movie was not entirely true to what really happened but Eric Bana had the best part of the movie... When questioned by the Ranger Captain about not having his M-16 safety engaged while in the chow line, he holds up his finger and says "This is my safety".

unk577
unk577 New Reader
12/21/09 7:52 p.m.
TJ wrote: I haven't seen Munich and thought Black Hawk Down was terrible.

What didn't you like?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/22/09 7:18 a.m.

Munich is his best work IMHO simply great movie

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/22/09 8:53 a.m.

Munich was definitely depressing but the subject matter made it that way, revenge (particularly on that scale) is never uplifting. It was still a very well done movie and Bana did a great job.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iPmt8MOlgAImnkhzoRvVylL7QcLn7E0R6AZQT0Dsdmol37lAIwKcUXjoViZhpFhH