1 2 3 4
TJ
TJ Dork
12/22/09 9:03 a.m.
unk577 wrote:
TJ wrote: I haven't seen Munich and thought Black Hawk Down was terrible.
What didn't you like?

The entire movie. It's been too longsince I saw it - all I am left with is the rememberance that I didn't like the movie. Was it one of those skay camera movies? I think I thought that it was too much like being there - there was nothing fun or entertaining about it. All I know for sure is that I didn't like it.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/22/09 9:35 a.m.
TJ wrote: I think I thought that it was too much like being there - there was nothing fun or entertaining about it. All I know for sure is that I didn't like it.

I guess that was kind of the point, it was shot like it WAS real, If you want an entertaining "War Flick" watch Tropic Thunder.

TJ
TJ Dork
12/22/09 11:57 a.m.

Haven't seen Tropic Thunder - hopefully I can keep it that way.

Don't tell me Eric Bana is in that one too.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/22/09 12:05 p.m.
TJ wrote: Haven't seen Tropic Thunder - hopefully I can keep it that way. Don't tell me Eric Bana is in that one too.

No but Tom Cruise is rather entertaining

TJ
TJ Dork
12/22/09 12:11 p.m.

Hmmm, I thought Larry the Cable guy would've been good for that one.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/22/09 1:40 p.m.

Tropic Thunder was stupid but really funny in its portrayals not of military movies but rather the Hollywood stereotypes.

I read BHD, there are some interviews with people who were involved in the real thing. They say that of course the movie is not accurate in every detail but that for the most part Ridley Scott got the battle scenes close to reality.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/22/09 2:49 p.m.

Chopper looks damned good! I've added it to the Netflix queue. Book is enroute as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/22/09 6:09 p.m.

I have a problem with "Chopper", as an active observer back in the day take the story with a grain of salt, Chopper Reed was a bully and a thug but he was not in any way honorable or trustworthy, he was a grade A scumbag.

Opening track scenes in The Beast are Sandown Park except the very last scene which is Philip island, then when the Porsche blows up he is again/still at Philip Island. These are my two favorite tracks downunder.

bamalama
bamalama Reader
12/22/09 9:30 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
TJ wrote: Haven't seen Tropic Thunder - hopefully I can keep it that way. Don't tell me Eric Bana is in that one too.
No but Tom Cruise is rather entertaining

I thought Robert Downey Jr. completely stole the movie until it got to Tom Cruise's scenes. Hilarious.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
12/23/09 2:49 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Opening track scenes in The Beast are Sandown Park except the very last scene which is Philip island, then when the Porsche blows up he is again/still at Philip Island. These are my two favorite tracks downunder.

That reminds me. I watched 'On the Beach' last week. Towards the end there's a cool race scene with 356's, Jags and a V8 swapped Ferrari, set (and partly filmed) at Phillip Island.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
9/20/10 10:05 a.m.

Watched it again. Still awesome. It's available on Netflix Instant, FWIW.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
9/20/10 12:40 p.m.

It's also on hulu.com for free.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/20/10 6:36 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: It's also on hulu.com for free.

the grm solution...

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
9/20/10 8:00 p.m.

Hulu + bugmenot.com

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/20/10 10:34 p.m.

Bah! If you want War and Funny, rent "Kelly's Heroes."

96DXCivic
96DXCivic SuperDork
9/20/10 10:46 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Bah! If you want War and Funny, rent "Kelly's Heroes."

+1

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
9/20/10 11:16 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Bah! If you want War and Funny, rent "Kelly's Heroes."

Read the book or watch the original movie production; there isn't much "funny" in "On the Beach".

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pPrlaTLldKJ9IJXhDAjmlkJzfcEq3oylnCgiruRHrCeQLurRZBzQTn8CG6C8Y1QS