1 2
joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
4/22/19 11:50 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

How are the dicks harvested?  Is it sustainable?  Vegan?  Fair trade dicks?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/22/19 12:55 p.m.
joey48442 said:

In order: As inhumanely as possible. Certainly, there will always be more than demand requires. No. I can't imagine anyone thinks that it's a fair trade.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/22/19 1:10 p.m.
ultraclyde said:
joey48442 said:

In order: As inhumanely as possible. Certainly, there will always be more than demand requires. No. I can't imagine anyone thinks that it's a fair trade.

I have a guy for that...

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/22/19 2:25 p.m.

In reply to Apexcarver :

*golfclap*

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/22/19 2:26 p.m.
ultraclyde said:
joey48442 said:

kosher? 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/22/19 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

at least at the beginning....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/22/19 2:42 p.m.
SVreX said:
pinchvalve said:

The first restaurant opened in ancient Mesopotamia in 3400BC and young servers were scheduled more than they asked to be because they were shorthanded. No restaurant since has ever honored the number of hours their staff wanted to work, and none ever will.  In any restaurant anywhere, if you don't say no to extra shifts, you will work every day the place is open. For my daughter, she was stressed about picking up too many shifts until I told her to say no to her boss or I would pull the plug completely. She got the nerve up to say no and sure enough, the boss shifted to other employees. 

Absolutely pathetic excuse for poor leadership, or for taking advantage of family members. 

Maybe, but that is how pretty much every restaurant everywhere is run. Especially when family members are involved. You never really should work for or with family because drama like this comes up in almost every single case. 

The service industry itself sucks. SIL is most likely over stressed dealing with owners who think product and labor should be free, and I'm guessing here, a bunch of teenagers/early 20 something's who have no idea what hard work is but think they're being worked to the bone anyway. That's her problem for being in a managerial position though, and if she can't figure out how to work around it, that's on her. To be fair, very very few people actually figure out how to balance these sorts of things in restaurants that don't have Michelin stars attached to them. Typically the higher end they appear on the outside (to customers), the E36 M3tier and more disorganized they are in the back of the house. Just generalizing my decade in food service from fast food to almost Michelin starred $125/plate places. 

Jeremy I think you handle it properly fine, but when this crops up again, and it most likely will if step daughter stays there for a few more months, push her to speak up about it. School is far more important than some minimum wage bullE36 M3 job, even after graduation, and just because it's "summer vacation" doesn't mean she's automagically available every day unless she really wants to be. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/22/19 4:03 p.m.
joey48442 said:

Free range, wild caught. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/22/19 7:36 p.m.
RevRico said:
SVreX said:
pinchvalve said:

The first restaurant opened in ancient Mesopotamia in 3400BC and young servers were scheduled more than they asked to be because they were shorthanded. No restaurant since has ever honored the number of hours their staff wanted to work, and none ever will.  In any restaurant anywhere, if you don't say no to extra shifts, you will work every day the place is open. For my daughter, she was stressed about picking up too many shifts until I told her to say no to her boss or I would pull the plug completely. She got the nerve up to say no and sure enough, the boss shifted to other employees. 

Absolutely pathetic excuse for poor leadership, or for taking advantage of family members. 

Maybe, but that is how pretty much every restaurant everywhere is run. Especially when family members are involved. You never really should work for or with family because drama like this comes up in almost every single case. 

The service industry itself sucks. SIL is most likely over stressed dealing with owners who think product and labor should be free, and I'm guessing here, a bunch of teenagers/early 20 something's who have no idea what hard work is but think they're being worked to the bone anyway. That's her problem for being in a managerial position though, and if she can't figure out how to work around it, that's on her. To be fair, very very few people actually figure out how to balance these sorts of things in restaurants that don't have Michelin stars attached to them. Typically the higher end they appear on the outside (to customers), the E36 M3tier and more disorganized they are in the back of the house. Just generalizing my decade in food service from fast food to almost Michelin starred $125/plate places. 

Jeremy I think you handle it properly fine, but when this crops up again, and it most likely will if step daughter stays there for a few more months, push her to speak up about it. School is far more important than some minimum wage bullE36 M3 job, even after graduation, and just because it's "summer vacation" doesn't mean she's automagically available every day unless she really wants to be. 

I can’t speak for “every restaurant everywhere” like you can. 

I can only speak for myself. It’s not how mine was run, and it’s not how any of the 3 restaurants are run that kids of mine have worked at. 

The restaurant my daughter is currently working at is staffed almost entirely by high schoolers. They have a company policy that no student can work more than 3 hours per day, or 18 hrs per week when school is in session.  They just hire more students. Good management. 

I understand lots of people have had bad experiences. That’s no excuse for poor management. Period. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/19 9:12 p.m.

Sometimes I wonder if frenchy posts from SVreX’s machine

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/22/19 10:27 p.m.

That’s cold, man!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/23/19 1:35 a.m.

Holy E36 M3! Like Fight Club? The narrator IS ACTUALLY Tyler Durden, the same guy? 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
4/23/19 4:47 a.m.

GRM plot twist!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/23/19 6:00 a.m.

In reply to SVreX :

I worked for a widespread chicken sandwich joint that was ostensibly "Christian" in highschool. They regularly kept me past 10pm on school nights closing and I had a few 10 hour weekend shifts while school was in season. Your experiences aren't the norm I have seen or heard of from other friends, at least not 15 years ago.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/23/19 6:56 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

In reply to SVreX :

I worked for a widespread chicken sandwich joint that was ostensibly "Christian" in highschool. They regularly kept me past 10pm on school nights closing and I had a few 10 hour weekend shifts while school was in season. Your experiences aren't the norm I have seen or heard of from other friends, at least not 15 years ago.

But the sauce is berkeleyin delicious  

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/23/19 8:11 a.m.

(Silence)

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
4/23/19 9:08 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Holy E36 M3! Like Fight Club? The narrator IS ACTUALLY Tyler Durden, the same guy? 

And just like that, Appleseed ruins "Fight Club" for all 20-somethings who haven't seen it.  What are you gonna do next, tell them Bruce Willis is dead in "Sixth Sense"?  laugh

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/23/19 10:06 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Sometimes I wonder if frenchy posts from SVreX’s machine

Impossible, and I know that because SVreX never makes a post in all bold. But I do like to think about what they could build together if someone could get them to agree. cheeky

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9NRis8uEAe950kA9IIjpzr00zqQtSrTqjN9l37Xjx8pwV9NLhsxRkLZtwCF6tlHo