1 2
alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/30/20 6:20 p.m.

We are, not sure how long we will keep it, but I expect a lot of high volume playing.

If you don't know why, then you are probably not interested in getting it.

If you know why, but want to resist, probably you have family members who are just waiting with baited breath to watch the whole thing.  Even if they've seen it before.

The hard part is to not expect what you know, since they were recorded at totally different times.  And if you have the recording, but has never seen it live, then there's a scene you may not know about.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/20 6:21 p.m.

I assume you're talking about a 3 day weekend of binging the simpsons. 

Actually I know exactly what you're on about. Already have it. SWMBO is stoked. 

Whats really funny is they had to re-record because technically speaking, it's rated r for language. He said berkeley three times. Had to take a couple out to make PG13. So- someone actually gave two berkeleys! 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
6/30/20 6:22 p.m.

they had to drop two of the three berks to get a PG-13 rating. No R rated content on D+.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/20 6:23 p.m.

I've had it since inception and pre-paid for 3 years.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
6/30/20 6:28 p.m.

The Second Season of the Mandalorian isn't coming out until October. 

So I guess it would be about the guy on the ten dollar bill. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/30/20 6:32 p.m.

Yep, I'll just assume the reason I don't know is because I don't care.

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
6/30/20 6:33 p.m.

I've had it since the beginning.  What am I missing?  To my knowledge no new Marvel content is coming this weekend...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/20 6:35 p.m.

I don't really know what we're talking about. Not because I don't care, but because I can't keep track of whatever piece of hot new content is only available on one particular streaming service.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/20 6:37 p.m.

I'm going to assume it's The Mighty Ducks because that makes this conversation much funnier than if it were Hamilton.

July 3

Hamilton

The Big Green

The Mighty Ducks

Race to Witch Mountain

Animal ER

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Ice Age: Collision Course

Ice Road Rescue

Pixar in Real Life: “UP: Balloon Cart Away”

Disney Family Sundays – “Peter Pan Shadow Box Theater”

One Day at Disney – “Zama Magudulela: The Lion King Madrid, Spain”

It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer – Episode 108

July 10

Critter Fixers: Country Vets (S1)

Gigantosaurus (S1)

Secrets of the Zoo (S3)

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Disney Family Sundays – “Lilo and Stitch: Family Tree”

One Day at Disney – “Marc Smith: Story Artist”

It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer – Episode 109

July 17

A Pre-Reopening Report from Disneyland

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Disney Junior Music Lullabies

Lost City of Machu Picchu

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! (S1-2)

The Mousketeers at Walt Disney World

Wild Chile (S1)

Disney Family Sundays – “Moana: Tomato Photo Holder”

One Day at Disney – “Mike Davis: Imagineering Project Manager”

It’s a Dog Life with Bill Farmer – Season Finale

July 24

Rogue Trip

Wild Congo (S1)

Wild Sri Lanka (S1)

Disney Family Sundays – “The Jungle Book: Finger Puppet”

One Day at Disney – “Chris Christi: Helicopter Reporter”

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

July 31

Muppets Now

Incredibles 2

Alaska Animal Rescue (S1)

Animal Showdown (S1)

Best Job Ever (S1)

Big Cat Games

Cradle of the Gods

Destination World (S1)

Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet (S8)

Fearless Adventures with Jack Randall (S1)

Hidden Kingdoms of China

Hunt for the Abonimable Snowman

India’s Wild Leopards

Jungle Animal Rescue (S1)

King Fishers (S1)

Lost Temple of the Inca

Marvel Funko (S1-2)

Surviving the Mount St. Helens Disaster

Weirdest, Bestest, Truest (S1)

What Sam Sees (S1)

Disney Family Sundays – “Mickie and Minnie: Pillows”

One Day at Disney – “Ryan Meinerding: Marvel Studios Creative Director”

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
6/30/20 6:37 p.m.

I'm waiting for Dinosaurs to arrive.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/30/20 6:39 p.m.

Song of the South?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/20 6:45 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Song of the South?

I wish. Considering they just announced rethemes of both splash mountains to Princess and the Frog- (And not Emporers new groove, talk about missing an opportunity) I don't think we'll ever see song again. 

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
6/30/20 6:52 p.m.

We're getting together with some friends of ours to watch.

We attempted to get tickets when the traveling show came to the Orpheum in Memphis a couple years back, cheap seats were ~$200 ea., and our "usual" seats were ~$400 ea.  and you can imagine what secondary market tickets were gong for, so we decided against it.

When the Robinson in Little Rock announced it was coming this year, we decided to suck it up, and agreed to split a box with our friends (same ones we're watching on D+ with).  Then COVID happened, and canceled the entire season.

So we're looking forward to it.  Themed drinks planed for the watch party even.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/30/20 6:54 p.m.

7/17 is gonna be lit. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/30/20 7:00 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I don't really know what we're talking about. Not because I don't care, but because I can't keep track of whatever piece of hot new content is only available on one particular streaming service.

Same. 

I have 3 kids stuck in the house; ages 7, 10 and 13. Is this something I should get?

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
6/30/20 7:02 p.m.
Mndsm said:
ShawnG said:

Song of the South?

I wish. Considering they just announced rethemes of both splash mountains to Princess and the Frog- (And not Emporers new groove, talk about missing an opportunity) I don't think we'll ever see song again. 

There are bootleg copies available all over the internet. Surprised Disney doesn't police that more. 

6/30/20 7:04 p.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82 :

Themed drinks?  Tell us more.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/20 7:12 p.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:
Keith Tanner said:

Same. 

I have 3 kids stuck in the house; ages 7, 10 and 13. Is this something I should get?

If you enjoy Disney, Star Wars, Marvel and National Geographic movies and shows.  Yes.  It can also be bundled with Hulu and ESPN.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/20 7:14 p.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:
Keith Tanner said:

Same. 

Not unless they're interested in presidents. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/20 7:14 p.m.
Snowdoggie said:
Mndsm said:
ShawnG said:

Song of the South?

There are bootleg copies available all over the internet. Surprised Disney doesn't police that more. 

I suspect it's their low key way of not completely burying it. 

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
6/30/20 7:27 p.m.
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:

I know this is one, 1oz applejack, 1oz whiskey (Virginian preferred), 1/2oz rum, and 1/2oz allspice dram together in a mixing glass. Divide the liquor evenly between 2 3-ounce glasses (such as shot glasses). Top each cocktail with 1 to 1 1/2 ounces cider. Raise a glass and sip; do not throw away your shot.  Stolen by the party host from Pinterest.

I was told to "bring the beer."  There aren't any US distillers, brewers, or vineyards old enough to have been in operation at the time for "period" drinks, (Prohibition was a bitch!) and we're not adventurous enough to make our own.  In honor of Alex's heritage there will be French wine, Scotch whiskey, and I'll probably bring some Newcastle, Belhaven, maybe Tennents (if I can find it) and 1667 since the other guy and I both much prefer beer to other libations.  Also I was told to expect a lot of rum drinks in honor of both Lin & Alex's Caribbean heritage.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
6/30/20 7:33 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

I did this too.  Thankfully I split with my ex (I guess you could call it my son's account), because I don't know if it would be worth it at the normal price.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
6/30/20 7:43 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

July 3

Hamilton

The Big Green

The Mighty Ducks

Race to Witch Mountain

Animal ER

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Ice Age: Collision Course

Ice Road Rescue

Pixar in Real Life: “UP: Balloon Cart Away”

Disney Family Sundays – “Peter Pan Shadow Box Theater”

One Day at Disney – “Zama Magudulela: The Lion King Madrid, Spain”

It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer – Episode 108

Race to Witch Mountain??

OMGOMGOMG!!!!!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/30/20 7:45 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

I did this too.  Thankfully I split with my ex (I guess you could call it my son's account), because I don't know if it would be worth it at the normal price.

If I paid for any streaming service other than D+... Id still have it. I was actually just this second thinking of dropping netflix, but we don't pay for that. It's part of my cell phone bill. Hulu is part of my spotify bill. Amazon is worth it for prime shipping alone. So... yeah the only TV i actively pay for is D+

6/30/20 8:12 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:

I know this is one, 1oz applejack, 1oz whiskey (Virginian preferred), 1/2oz rum, and 1/2oz allspice dram together in a mixing glass. Divide the liquor evenly between 2 3-ounce glasses (such as shot glasses). Top each cocktail with 1 to 1 1/2 ounces cider. Raise a glass and sip; do not throw away your shot.  Stolen by the party host from Pinterest.

I was told to "bring the beer."  There aren't any US distillers, brewers, or vineyards old enough to have been in operation at the time for "period" drinks, (Prohibition was a bitch!) and we're not adventurous enough to make our own.  In honor of Alex's heritage there will be French wine, Scotch whiskey, and I'll probably bring some Newcastle, Belhaven, maybe Tennents (if I can find it) and 1667 since the other guy and I both much prefer beer to other libations.  Also I was told to expect a lot of rum drinks in honor of both Lin & Alex's Caribbean heritage.

Is Apple Jack Liquor or Liqueuer?  We have both.  

Although, this might be a good reason to get some Scotch- as it's not something we have. Or some corn Rye, in honor of the Big Guy.

We are not having a party- just the two of us- and we've seen it 4 times- Chicago, New York, San Juan, and Detroit.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BhcfWBoYwi0S0QqopE4mJ0GwsCnwbCEf0UuzkJpDN2RfBIvCtBXrbxXRfS18J8Kx