1 2
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/19 11:17 a.m.
spitfirebill said:
MazdaFace said:

In reply to cdeforrest :

This.  Probably one of the most under rated vehicles Ford has built in a long time. Shares a platform with the explorer. But rides 1000% better. 

And of course they dropped it.  

it could be argued that "the market" dropped it.   Explorer outsells Flex 10:1, accordiing to a friend of mine at the Blue Oval.   Number one and two complaints from Explorer purchasers:  Not enough rear seat room, and not enough cargo room.  Insert Picard facepalm here.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/19/19 8:41 p.m.

I've decided Grand Caravan is the answer 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/19/19 8:48 p.m.
cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
8/19/19 9:16 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

They've been saying the Flex is dead for years. 2019 will probably be it's last.
Plenty of ex rentals out there.  Our First one was a 1yr old program car from a local dealer, and its '17 replacement after a wreck (at 260k mi) was from Carvana. 

Plus the 2020 Lincoln Aviator seems like the same thing, with slightly less polarizing styling. As it was, we liked the toaster look. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/19/19 9:29 p.m.

The Lincoln MKT was the stylized Ford Flex. The Aviator is more lifted like the Explorer. 

cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
8/19/19 11:30 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Agreed. From what I've seen, haven't been in one yet, the aviator has a more squared off rear roof which might give more headroom for 3rd row. They're all evolutions of the same platform, after all. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
8/20/19 1:07 p.m.

So far the Cx-9 and Saab 5.3 V8 are the front runners for me. There is a used cx-9 local to me that I am going to test drive, I wish the towing capacity is higher but willing to test it. Wondering how close the saab is to the trailblazer minus the interior and the fron styling if they drive the same.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eCXtecnmlyV78yVW5nqzcHSMZgx1L8aqev3dOyrbTxoFgmX83hmgjzcLCQfrvwhM