1 2 3 ... 7
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/12/17 12:01 a.m.

So after a 2 year hiatus my Bruins are back in the post season. I don't think they'll win a game in this series, but it's nice having spring time hockey. The NHL payoffs are the best of all the 4 major sports in my opinion as it really is the only one where any team could win the whole thing. I love hockey the most of any of the sports anyway, so maybe I'm biased.

Who's gonna hoist the cup? My prediction is Washington(blech!!) finally gets the monkey off their backs. I think they beat the Hawks in the final. Sadly that means I have to hear their stupid goal horn, and those damn sirens for the next 2 months. Gross!! Also that asshat blowing his stupid ass horn in the stands. God I'd love to jam that thing up his arse!! Ovi is a heck of a player though. He deserves it more than that douche nozzle Crosby. Anyone but the Penguins please.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/12/17 8:54 a.m.

I'm ready.

I think the Hawks take the West with no challenges. The only potential upset is if Talbot can put the Oilers on his back while McJesus is on the bench. The West, quite simply, is extremely weak right now other than the Hawks. It is a polar 180 from the past few years, when the East was pretty weak other than Crosby and Ovi.

The East is going to be fun, at least half of it will be. I personally think that the Pens vs. BlueJackets is basically going to be Sid vs. Bob. If Bobrovsky can continue to be the love child of King Hank and Dominik Hasek, then Columbus (i.e. Bob) can steal the show. If not, then the Pens will power through. I think that Torts is an idiot, but at least knows enough to tell his players to get into Malkins head which will take him out of the play.

Caps probably walk all over Toronto, other than when Matthews is on the ice. Fun team to watch, but not there yet. The Caps vs. BJ's/Pens will be the decider of the East, as I don't see the other 4 coming out of it.

As for the final, I have to go with my Blackhawks. That is quite biased though, and I think this is the last year the window is open so of course I have to say that (although I said that in 2015 too).

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/17 8:56 a.m.

Pens fan here. I am predicting we will make it through the first round and then.....

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/12/17 8:56 a.m.
Ovi is a heck of a player though. He deserves it more than that douche nozzle Crosby.

I think you got that backwards. Hard to imagine a nicer guy than Crosby. Ovi, I'm not so sure. We'll see if Kadri can shut him down again. He's very easily flustered.

I love the first round of the playoffs. Anything can happen. The overtime, the upsets, and the general unpredictability make it the best two weeks in sports, IMO.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/17 8:58 a.m.

I'm thinking semi finals for us penguins.

I don't know if we have a full run in us this year, we didn't change coaches this year so we might not make it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/12/17 9:01 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Ovi is a heck of a player though. He deserves it more than that douche nozzle Crosby.
I think you got that backwards. Hard to imagine a nicer guy than Crosby. Ovi, not so much. We'll see if Kadri can shut him down again. He's very easily flustered. I love the first round of the playoffs. Anything can happen. The overtime, the upsets, and the general unpredictability make it the best two weeks in sports, IMO.

As much as I don't like Syd, I have to agree.

Hell, the fact that he asked Jonathon Toews if he was ok with Crosby being captain of the Olympic team should say it all. (And anyone who thinks that Toews is anywhere near Crosby, and that that question should ever be asked, is a moron. Crosby is one of the two best players in the league, although McJesus and Matthews might change that)

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/12/17 9:01 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
I think you got that backwards. Hard to imagine a nicer guy than Crosby. Ovi, not so much. We'll see if Kadri can shut him down again. He's very easily flustered. I love the first round of the playoffs. Anything can happen. The overtime, the upsets, and the general unpredictability make it the best two weeks in sports, IMO.

Crosby is no doubt a nice guy, but what a whiney puke, from a E36 M3 organization. There is only one organization I hate in that league and it's the penguins and their smarmy owner. This is coming from a Bruins fan, and you know our hatred for the toilet seat logo'd franchise. Nothing felt better than sweeping the pens in 2013 after they stole Iginla away from us. Utter domination in that series! Of course we didn't win the cup that year, but beating the pens was almost as good. Ovi is probably a dick, but he deserves a cup, more so than sid.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/12/17 9:02 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote:
Crosby is no doubt a nice guy, but what a whiney puke, from a E36 M3 organization. There is only one organization I hate in that league and it's the penguins and their smarmy owner. This is coming from a Bruins fan, and you know our hatred for the toilet seat logo'd franchise. Ovi is probably a dick, but he deserves a cup, more so than sid.

Are you forgetting what a deplorable organization my Blackhawks are?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/12/17 9:06 a.m.
mtn wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote:
Crosby is no doubt a nice guy, but what a whiney puke, from a E36 M3 organization. There is only one organization I hate in that league and it's the penguins and their smarmy owner. This is coming from a Bruins fan, and you know our hatred for the toilet seat logo'd franchise. Ovi is probably a dick, but he deserves a cup, more so than sid.
Are you forgetting what a deplorable organization my Blackhawks are?

I have no ill will towards the Hawks.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
4/12/17 9:16 a.m.

If in doubt, root for Boston, ANY sport. Beyond that, any Canadian team.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/12/17 9:20 a.m.
mtn wrote: Are you forgetting what a deplorable organization my Blackhawks are?

You needn't be that specific. The NHL itself is a deplorable organization.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/12/17 9:21 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
mtn wrote: Are you forgetting what a deplorable organization my Blackhawks are?
You needn't be that specific. The NHL itself is a deplorable organization.

True. I'm just unhappy with how the Hawks Front Office has handled some things over the past few years.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
4/12/17 6:03 p.m.

Here we go!!!!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/12/17 6:11 p.m.

Go Rangers!
(After that, yay Hawks, Boo Pens, and - randomly - Go Sens)

Large old lady singing the Canuck national anthem makes me nostalgic for the playoffs last year, only having to wait through one song before each game.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/17 6:14 p.m.

Let's go pengins. Columbus should be easy, it's the second round that might get dicey.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/12/17 6:40 p.m.

Go minnesota! (No offense to our st Louis brethren, but st Louis is pretty low on my list of places.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
4/12/17 9:07 p.m.

I'm hoping that the Leafs at least make Washington work for it. Since no one thought they would even make it this year, everything from here on in is a bonus.

Kadri can be a damn fine pest and hopefully he can get under Ovi's skin.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/17 9:38 p.m.

LGR
KING HENRIK WITH THE PLAYOFF SHUTOUT!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/13/17 7:50 a.m.

Montreal has what is probably the best goaltender in the world but is otherwise not a very good team. When the checking gets tight, Montreal struggles to score. I was surprised yesterday seeing all the ("experts") predictions in their favour.

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/13/17 11:53 a.m.

(I can hope, right?)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/13/17 12:46 p.m.

It all depends on how far McJesus and Talbot can take the Oilers. Without those two, Sharks are the stronger team. And I'm not sold on Talbot.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/16/17 9:35 a.m.

Pretty pass to end the double OT game in DC. Totally fooled the goalies.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
4/16/17 12:31 p.m.

Hawks are looking old and slow. Too much fancy, not enough dump chase and fire the damn puck at the net! Don't get me started on Crawford..... never a fan of his......

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/16/17 12:53 p.m.

Can't help but wonder what's going through their heads in Washington. After going out early last year, the Leafs, a rookie team nobody expected to even make the playoffs has taken them to OT in both games and won one of them.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/16/17 12:57 p.m.

Man, the Hawks looked like a hot bag of ass last night.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
45vJAITKHeV0rqhFVgEMeqkk5LkZdAUX2NO4AloMinYUhqmDjK9rIpp8Hg2rTRs7