1 2
Grizz
Grizz UberDork
10/14/19 9:42 a.m.

I blame the aussies and kiwis I know for my usage of that word. They use it so damn much.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/14/19 9:49 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Never ever move to the UK.  You'll be telling an awful lot of women not to use it.  And you won't like their responses.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
10/14/19 1:05 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

How can you not like a word with such utility that it can both describe my favourite thing and the thing (or person) I hate the most ?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/19 2:01 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

I've never understood the hate for Chris Collinsworth.  There I said it.  angel

Yeah, me either. He's just another color guy to me, nothing noteworthy about him in any way, really.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
10/15/19 8:50 a.m.

I think my favorite example of the use of the word in question happened on an early episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Cheryl's aunt dies, her family comes to visit, and Larry David say's he'll take care of submitting the obituary. Well, instead of calling her a "beloved aunt" in the obit, the paper makes an error and calls her a beloved... well, you know. Hilarity ensues. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/15/19 9:46 a.m.

I tried to find the Ray Liotta use of the word from I think Goodfellas.  One of his movies anyway.  No luck.

"during the meeting she was a bit of a...."

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/15/19 3:22 p.m.
Ian F said:

My understanding is the Bob Costas auto-correct is a result of Margie's dislike for him. So i would imagine she is the one you need to make your case to.

I had half of the game on mute and went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter, so he didn't bother me that much.

My hope is to lay the foundation for my argument here, then plead my case at the Challenge...hopefully that will be the only plea/case at the Challenge.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/15/19 3:27 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Robbie :

Never ever move to the UK.  You'll be telling an awful lot of women not to use it.  And you won't like their responses.

This. And there's a reason why all the best expletives have hard "K" sounds. I only use that word to describe a *person;* sometimes, myself.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/15/19 4:11 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

Are you suggesting that we use a soft "c" when calling our friends Collinsworths? Because that could be fun. "What's up, ya sunt?"

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/15/19 4:15 p.m.
poopshovel again said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Robbie :

This. And there's a reason why all the best expletives have hard "K" sounds. I only use that word to describe a *person;* sometimes, myself.

Not to worry, guys. I like my food to have taste, my beer to be cold, my baseball to be played in more than one dimension, and my headlights to work. I am generally a fan of the area's taste in "K"ars, however. cheeky

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/19 1:22 p.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/19 1:23 p.m.
Suprf1y said:
Patrick said:
poopshovel again said:

Oh wow! vajajay = vajajay? That's retarded <---which is politically incorrect. Maybe retarded could be Collinsworth. Either is fitting.

As a staunch opponent of the R word(it's an outdated medical term) i'm cool with making it autocorrect to Collinsworth.  I hate that guy and everyone else should too

Idiot and moron were also medical terms for the same condition and I find particular irony in the fact that nobody has a problem with those.

"Dork" also means tallywhacker, schlong...

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/17/19 2:42 p.m.

Unless you're British, it's a Tosser, Johnson. Pork Sword, Thirsty Ferret or Purple Parsnip.  Proud to be a MEGA Wanker!

(sorry kids, no pics)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mZeDFK5ASnES8zrlxSeSYVMMAAJBIGMAjP5rM9dVuiEMiPLDJQQYFHNbH5kTcj90