1 2 3
ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter New Reader
7/15/08 7:14 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: Wish we had Yeungling here. Locally the ones I like best are Stella, Oberon, and Sierra Nevada Pale.

As a Chico local, I can attest that Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale is the worst thing they make. They make a couple awesome Hefeweizen's though, one of which you can only get at the brewery, the other of which you can only get locally (I've seen it as far away as an hour's drive from the brewery), and the one that you're probably familiar with that just says "Wheat" on the bottle (which isn't bad, but is bleh compared to the others).

Bonus is that Chico bars inlcude SN during dollar pint nights :D

I miss that town...

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/15/08 8:08 p.m.
Nashco wrote: What kind of cigarette Margie? I'm not smoking any of your girly Virginia Slims, those wouldn't make me look cool! FWIW, I wouldn't say disliking PBR is saying you live your life by the book of snobby beers...that's like saying that you're a snob if you dislike 60s Dodge trucks. As everybody has said, it's cheap, there's no other reason anybody would drink PBR...if it was twice as much money they'd find the next cheap beer they disliked the least. Bryce

I had a response to the effect that I wasn't trying to call anyone snobs, just that it seems people get REAL wrapped up in their choice of beers, but then I was afraid I'd get accused of sounding like Jesse Jackson again. Even though I didn't say anything at all about anyone's nuts, just beer.

Mmmm, beer nuts.

So, um, peace out, drink responsibly till you puke, whatever.

Margie

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/15/08 8:13 p.m.

There's a lot of Portland's besides Maine and Or-E-Gone. Just like there's a lot of Long Beaches.

"I've heard" that PBR gives you man boobies. Is that true?

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/15/08 8:17 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote:
Nashco wrote: What kind of cigarette Margie? I'm not smoking any of your girly Virginia Slims, those wouldn't make me look cool! FWIW, I wouldn't say disliking PBR is saying you live your life by the book of snobby beers...that's like saying that you're a snob if you dislike 60s Dodge trucks. As everybody has said, it's cheap, there's no other reason anybody would drink PBR...if it was twice as much money they'd find the next cheap beer they disliked the least. Bryce
I had a response to the effect that I wasn't trying to call anyone snobs, just that it seems people get REAL wrapped up in their choice of beers, but then I was afraid I'd get accused of sounding like Jesse Jackson again. Even though I didn't say anything at all about anyone's nuts, just beer. Mmmm, beer nuts. So, um, peace out, drink responsibly till you puke, whatever. Margie

didn't mean to offend.. hibbity jibbity rat a tat tat

I have a beer nuts t-shirt.. w000 I'm so hipster

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/15/08 9:36 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: ...I didn't say anything at all about anyone's nuts, just beer... Mmmm, beer nuts. So, um, peace out, drink responsibly till you puke, whatever. Margie

My god I wish we had quotes in our sig again. That is almost as cool as the scalps quote.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/15/08 10:24 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: There's a lot of Portland's besides Maine and Or-E-Gone. Just like there's a lot of Long Beaches. "I've heard" that PBR gives you man boobies. Is that true?

And Baysides, plent of them. I grew up in the Bayside burrow(spelling?) of Virginia Beach. The non-military kids went to Bayside High, military kids went to Frank W. Cox High.

no real value in this post, just a chance to say Cox

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/17/08 1:35 p.m.

Thanks to this thread, I learned that Blue Moon is owned by Coors. The More You Know!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vnQ0agv4F78XNKusvxiIjj0UCUKgAHs7psK4iBCzVBZZtJsrO6RSjwXKxgQPYhjI