1 2 3 4 5
84FSP
84FSP Dork
8/9/16 8:08 a.m.

Just finished it last night. The hook at the end with the Sheriff was awesome.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
8/9/16 8:56 a.m.

we just watched the first episode. Good stuff. Now I won't be reading the rest of this till we finish the season.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/9/16 10:01 p.m.

My wife caught a few "Rick Steves" books in the library. I'm afraid that's about all we got for snafus with the '80s

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
8/11/16 11:56 a.m.

I just finished binge watching this show with the wife. This is one of very things we can both watch with equal interest. It was a great story with or without the 80s nostalgia, but yeah, i thought they nailed it. I didn't notice the bike thing, but I don't know a lot about bikes. At least they were riding the correct styles of bikes for the period. Now I'm off to craigslist to look for a k5 blazer.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
8/11/16 1:15 p.m.

SWMBO really liked it. I thought it was just ok. For some reason I kept thinking that Winona Ryder was just talking like Joan Cusack the whole time which made her character very distracting. Where did 11 get her powers?

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
8/18/16 1:08 p.m.

Watched three episodes last night. Girlfriend doesn't like scary, creepy shows, so see was covering her eyes at the monster parts.

Afterwards, she was in the shower, before bed. I snuck in the bathroom and gently put my hand on the shower door. Scared the everlivin' berk out of her.

I don't know if she'll watch the rest of it, but I will.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
8/18/16 1:09 p.m.

And the US flag patches on the police uniforms is wrong.

Storz
Storz SuperDork
8/18/16 2:35 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: The Ford Festiva parked at the high school was out of place, but not by a lot, and it's the only obviously bad car I noticed. Wife and I binge watched over the weekend.

It takes place in '83 and there is a model of a C4 Corvette in one of the shots. Awesome show tho, I am through 4 episodes and completely hooked

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/16 6:54 p.m.

I think getting 100% historical accuracy might have taken too much time and money that were best spent elsewhere on the series. I was easily able to forgive all of the little time-warp errors I saw because the rest of the show was so excellent.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
10/29/17 12:09 p.m.

Season two is out now. Me and the wife watched it. It was really good. If you liked the first season you will like this one also. It is a continuation of the first season, same characters and such. It didnt have the usual "slapped together" feel that a lot of sequels have. I do recommend.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
10/29/17 6:52 p.m.

Enjoyed the first two episodes.  Good mix of first season and new stuff happening.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
10/30/17 9:43 a.m.

Got 6 episodes in yesterday on the couch, will do last 3 over the next few nights.  Loving it (again) so far.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
10/30/17 11:05 a.m.

We went through all 9 episodes from Friday to Sunday night.  Luckily it was a rainy weekend so I didn't have to feel to bad about the couch time and I still got some tasks done in the garage.  Love the show and glad that I didn't have to wait weekly for a new episode.

jamscal
jamscal Dork
11/1/17 6:25 a.m.

Love the show.

None of the period incorrect stuff is going to bother me but it's fun to notice:

Pollywog episode has 3rd brake light on a police cruiser...Thought they didn't come out till 87.

Also a really modern Flat front school bus rolled through. (Bluebird).

Indiana Jones reference: Sheriff gets into trouble but grabs his hat off the ground as he's leaving. (later episode)

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/1/17 6:49 a.m.

Favorite reference so far "what are we going to find at the x, buried treasure?" Well done Sean astin 

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
11/1/17 8:42 a.m.

In reply to mndsm :

I caught that too.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
11/1/17 1:26 p.m.

Finished season two last night. It's a fun show.

Fingers crossed they can keep it going for another season since its already approved from what I hear.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UberDork
11/1/17 1:46 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

IMDB has 4 seasons listed, so we got that going for usyes

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
11/1/17 7:14 p.m.

We've watched the first 3 episodes of season 2. So far it's as good as season 1. Wow.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
11/2/17 8:04 a.m.

I finished it last night, really good.  My only complain, other than transportation for MadMax I didn't see the point of Billy's character.  He just kind of took up space.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
11/2/17 9:07 a.m.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/2/17 11:21 a.m.
Brian said:

I may try this after I finish Narcos. On one hand, it sounds intriguing, on the other hand, I have no desire to be force fed more 80's nostalgia.

I'm watching them both right now.  They are so different that it doesn't overload.  Narcos is so far removed from the norm (and cars, music, and culture in Colombia in the 80s were so different) that it doesn't really trip my 80s button.  Stranger things is so different from Narcos that it doesn't overload to watch them both.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
11/2/17 12:13 p.m.

I thought season 2 was great - I know that there will be at least 1 more season, but I kind of wish they'd just leave it alone.

Oh, and I thought episode 7 was weirdly incongruous with the rest of the show. I don't think I'd have missed anything if I had skipped it entirely. 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
11/2/17 12:58 p.m.
cmcgregor said:

I thought season 2 was great - I know that there will be at least 1 more season, but I kind of wish they'd just leave it alone.

Oh, and I thought episode 7 was weirdly incongruous with the rest of the show. I don't think I'd have missed anything if I had skipped it entirely. 

Fully agree on episode 7. I was expecting a lot more based on the foreshadowing. I guess the writers considered it character development. The fact that 11 really had no plot development role until episode 8 was kind of weird.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UberDork
11/2/17 1:35 p.m.
cmcgregor said:

I'm guessing it's setting up for the next season or two.  I think we'll see 8 again.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c0tuj7RjW1nANZRKSCKoChP9lSf7NaKgwfuJ20UJHo1jsvCzGwTrz5ICRXN9gIkD