SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/27/17 6:44 a.m.

I want to take a minute to give a shout out for Strike Zero. He really helped me out, and went way above and beyond.

Some you know I've been looking around Columbia SC. SZ met me for dinner last week, spent several hours talking about the area, but the offered to take me on a guided tour. We met again last night and he drove me all over the area, offering a great description of everything. Then he took me back to his house, showed off all his awesome projects and his man cave (which would make most of you drool). Then to top it off, he and Mrs SZ took me out to dinner. 7 hours worth of guided tour and solid comradery. Awesome.

I couldn't have asked for a better host and hostess!

He's a wealth of automotive knowledge (he knew details of my projects better than I do), and a genuinely interesting person. As GRM cool dudes go, SZ is at the top of the list!

Now, let's all push him to bring one of those awesome projects he's got sitting there to the Challenge, because the GRM world is just a better place with guys like this around!

Thanks, Strike Zero!! You're a Hero in my book (and give my thanks to Mrs Hero as well!)

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
4/27/17 8:14 a.m.

Nice! Sounds like a great time.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/27/17 8:14 a.m.

That's awesome to hear. Thanks, StrikeZero.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/17 7:44 p.m.

More reasons why GRM is awesome.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/17 8:07 p.m.

He is a cool dude.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
4/27/17 8:34 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: More reasons why GRM is awesome.

Nothing more I can say other than this.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/27/17 9:56 p.m.

Strike Zero is a good guy. We've only met a couple of times, but I got the "good vibe" right off the bat. Sorry I missed last week. Looks like things have settled down a bit for us. Let me know if you're back in Cola at some point or if I can help out in any way.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
4/27/17 10:16 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

You're welcome!! It was our pleasure showing you around Cola!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/28/17 4:14 a.m.

In reply to secretariata:

Do Columbia folk realize there is no "Cola" in "Columbia"? That's the abbreviation for Pensacola!

I'll be back (in "Cola") on Monday. Looks like I will be there for a while (a few months?). If you'd like to get together that would be great, but I'm gonna dial back my "Get to know Cola" excursions until I firm up the offer from the company (which is apparently going to take a while).

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
4/28/17 7:42 a.m.

Wait till its your turn in the barrel.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/28/17 10:38 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: He is a cool dude.

Oh, he's very popular, Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, dickheads, they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/28/17 4:16 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to secretariata: Do Columbia folk realize there is no "Cola" in "Columbia"? That's the abbreviation for Pensacola! I'll be back (in "Cola") on Monday. Looks like I will be there for a while (a few months?). If you'd like to get together that would be great, but I'm gonna dial back my "Get to know Cola" excursions until I firm up the offer from the company (which is apparently going to take a while).

Are you sure? I worked for a guy who got all excited whenever his Coke came in from Columbia.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yDjNO7ZRoz7SJ9vB9kRY0fGWzkxdDynNK8aPTKtLZ9cRclgtSpJZBdHXew5QqMRU