Kramer
Kramer Dork
5/18/18 8:20 a.m.
Kramer
Kramer Dork
5/18/18 8:21 a.m.

I admit, I've done something similar.   Have you?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/18/18 8:41 a.m.

I’ve sat on a cooler. And regretted it when it slid forward causing an involuntary stab of the throttle which made me slide back which took my foot off the gas yes but also made braking tough. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
5/18/18 9:56 a.m.

I had a seat in a car held in with only 2 bolts in the back.  When accelerating, one had to hold onto the steering wheel to keep from rocking backwards.

imgon
imgon Reader
5/18/18 10:08 a.m.

Not a race car but an '65 Chevy van with the engine inside the passenger compartment, had a seat just perched on the mounting points for its first run on the street. Bonus points for no throttle control via the driver. My friend was sitting on the floor operating the throttle linkage on the carb while I steered and operated the brakes. We had just completed our first engine swap and were very excited to see how it drove.  In hind sight its a wonder we didn't kill ourselves.

I once did take my racecar to work when my truck wouldn't start. 45 minute drive, I will not ever do that again.

Kramer
Kramer Dork
5/18/18 12:16 p.m.

I wanna know why we haven't heard about International Drive Your Racecar To Work Day?  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pQQURic7F1ITlTRhqkG5cS0GIK4ujQxC4wDSvAieve8g9JAN1bGQNkC0rudVRW1X