1 2
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/18 8:59 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I would absolutely recommend a CPA. Ours has saved us a fortune, and the one time the IRS questioned our return, they stood up for us and took care of it. For that matter, even though they're a couple hours south of you I can give you their number. They still our taxes even though we're(mostly) out of state now. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/12/18 1:10 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to mtn :

I would absolutely recommend a CPA. Ours has saved us a fortune, and the one time the IRS questioned our return, they stood up for us and took care of it. For that matter, even though they're a couple hours south of you I can give you their number. They still our taxes even though we're(mostly) out of state now. 

Send me a text. (Ate fore heaven)-tree six tree for O niner 7. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
1/12/18 10:42 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Effective in 2014 the IRS has established a simplified method of calculating home offices. Largely due to the Advent of telecommuting. Very simple to do but I would suggest you have a CPA do it for you at least the first year. Because of telecommuting IRS isn't monitoring home office expenses like they used to.

IIRC it's $5 per SF subject to $1500 cap (300 sf)  per year on simplified method not to exceed income.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oRJnTtJhKcn5lEAjmuVUyZ4aljHv3tFTA9fywR4AvGChIiaGMbYcv8Xc6pcXp5Gi