1 2
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/26/18 7:51 a.m.
John Welsh said:

Lowered truck looks good but remember, I too once helped ruin an otherwise good truck in a Florida hotel parking lot.  

Done right, a really low static drop truck is still useful as a truck.

However, thats not the question. 

The little looped step things are a motherberkeleyer with muddy boots on my experience.  And they hurt like hell when you slip off and take it to the shin.

The factory option plastic board from ford (that era) were just as bad.

The last set i was involved with was for my brothers 4x4 Tacoma.  He couldn't find any that he liked for a price he was willing to pay. He wound up at the local welding shop, who built him a set of bolt ons out of capped 2x3 square tube with some tread plate at the doors. We bed linered it with my leftovers from the elky. Freaking perfect for about $100

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/26/18 9:49 a.m.
chandler said:

I never saw this, I have a set of the diamond plate boards in my barn that I took off the 2500 that you could have had.

Interesting! 

Well, these are on their way. I'll look at them when they arrive. 

That is a generous offer but in the time, distance, travel and easy of install equation these from Amazon might be more realistic than something it may take me forever to actually pick up and then take forever to actually install/fab. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/1/18 9:06 a.m.
John Welsh said:

Bringing this back up to. 

Pat recommended iBoards and aluminum sounded better that steel in this rusty climate. 

Cheap steel boards like 3" round start at $100. Pat recommended 4" iBoards which are about $175. The iBoards is also available in 5" and 6".

The other day, while shopping these again,Amazon had 1 remaining in stock of 6" iBoards for $153.08. As soon as I placed my order for these the pricing went back up to $255.60

So, I'm getting the fattest aluminum board for cheaper that the narrowest board. Will they be toooo wide, maybe but they should execute the desired look of function over fashion 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/1/18 9:17 a.m.

These iBoards arrived on Friday.  I decided that the instal would make a good Sat morning project before it got too hot.  

Instructions said they would take 1-2 hours.  With toddler "help" I was done in just less than 2 hours.  

Before:  

Toddler help:

Well packaged:

Sad to report that fresh out of the box, 2 of the black brackets had rust.  I hit them both in those spots with some Rustoleum that I had.  Other than that, the included hardware looked to be of good quality.   

The boards offered good adjustability.  I placed them as low as possible and sticking out as far away from the body as possible.  

They do not stick out from the body but offer a really wide step.  This is a size 10.5 boot.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/1/18 9:24 a.m.

Pictures are not working for me...

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/18 10:03 a.m.

I spy Barney

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NlJrRlOrxiOcDYA6678eaQiPGbg3rL1wb3qGggQMwN1UzuqizhPIrL2BXWvHPJ07