1 2 3
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/27/17 10:50 p.m.
RevRico wrote: Little feat Roger waters Six feet under Kottonmouth kings Black Sabbath Allman brothers Dr. Dirty, John Valby Todd Snyder Britney Spears Rancid It's probably not what you think

I'm going six feet under. One like spears means you took a chick to it.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/27/17 10:53 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: Do bands seen at festivals and non traditional venues count?

Absolutely. I've used ozzfest in a few iterations of this list.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/27/17 11:02 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
RevRico wrote: Little feat Roger waters Six feet under Kottonmouth kings Black Sabbath Allman brothers Dr. Dirty, John Valby Todd Snyder Britney Spears Rancid It's probably not what you think
I'm going six feet under. One like spears means you took a chick to it.

You'd be wrong. I think I was 10 Or 11 when she first made it big and got dragged along with a bunch of kids when she came to town.

Saw six feet under at rosebud in pgh, cattle decapitation was the opener. Man there were some awesome shows at that place.

I was going to make a comment about Chris Barnes and realized aside from allman brothers, Sabbath, spears, and Roger waters, I've partied with everyone on the list after shows, either at the bar they were playing or on the bus.

I just haven't seen Rancid yet. Not till August, and probably won't get to party with them or dropkick Murphy's after the show, but I'm gonna try.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
4/27/17 11:09 p.m.

I'll do a bit of a variation on this: Ten things I've driven, one of them is a lie.

S600 Biturbo

Audi R8 V8

Mercedes ML63

1977 Cadillac DeVille

1978 Lincoln Mark V

G-Wagen

R129 500SL

N54 335i

1992 Lexus LS400

2011 Mustang GT

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/28/17 12:23 a.m.

Bad Religion

Devo

Motörhead

The Specials

Depeche Mode

The Dead Milkmen

Morrissey

Elvis Costello

They Might Be Giants

Rammstein

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/28/17 1:16 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Santana Van halen Big sugar Steve Miller Nash the slash Frank Zappa The black keys King Crimson Stevie Ray Vaughan The beach boys

I'm gonnna go Zappa--I'm guessing you actually saw Zappa does Zappa. No clue why I say that.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/28/17 2:38 a.m.

In reply to Zomby Woof:

You've better not seen The Black Keys. I can never catch their performance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
4/28/17 6:50 a.m.

The Facebook band version:
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Cannibal Corpse
Between the Buried and Me
The Ocean
Protest the Hero
Hypno5e
Baroness
Animals as Leaders
Dethklok

The G_Body Man car version:
Caterham 7
Caterham 21
Lotus Elise
Honda S2000
F125 Shifter Kart
Oldsmobile F85
Isuzu Impulse
Mercedes 270SL
Volvo 142S
BMW 635csi

I'm going to guess that G_Body hasn't driven a G-Wagen and that Ransom hasn't seen Rammstein.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/28/17 7:55 a.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/28/17 8:49 a.m.

Below is a list of ten musical acts that I have not seen live. Except for one which is true. Let's see who can guess.

1. Robert Johnson
  2. The Beatles
  3. Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld
  4. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
  5. Tool
  6. Count Basie and his Orchestra
  7. Barney
  8. Jimi Hendrix
  9. Lili Von Shtupp
  10. Frederic Chopin

(I'm 35 and have no kids, if anyone is wondering.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
4/28/17 8:58 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron:

I'm going with Barney

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/28/17 9:12 a.m.

Fine... I'll play:

1. Tool
  2. Van Halen
  3. Megadeth
  4. Sarah McLachlan
  5. Rage Against the Machine
  6. Guns n Roses
  7. Billy Joel
  8. Nirvana
  9. Slayer
  10. John Paul Jones

My musical interests are as varied as my automotive ones.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
4/28/17 9:17 a.m.

You guys know you're supposed to guess which one other people are lying about right?

Ian, you didn't see Rage Against the Machine because I don't want to be that jealous

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/28/17 9:22 a.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

Well... Rage is sort of a trick answer... "Technically" I saw them... I saw a LOT of them... More than I cared to... when they were at the first Lolapalooza show in Philly and walked on stage, leaned their guitars against their amps so they would feedback, stood in a line with "PMRC" written across their chests, dropped their drawers around their ankles and stood there with their dicks hanging out for 20 min.

They were the main band we went to see and they didn't play. We were pissed.

But regardless, that's not the one in my list.

For your list, I'm going with Dethlok since it's a cartoon band.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
4/28/17 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Ian F:

Ah, less jealous then... I remember hearing about that protest.

Dethklok may be a cartoon band, but they toured with Mastodon in 2009- as a real live band with the cartoon band projected behind them. It was actually a really awesome show.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/28/17 9:30 a.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

Ah... I know the main guy who writes the music is around, but didn't know they toured as a band. That does sound really cool.

Otherwise, 4 on your list I've never heard of which makes it hard to guess.

Ransom
4/28/17 9:51 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: In reply to Brian: Arlo Guthrie looks out of place on this list.

That's what I was thinking...

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
4/28/17 10:54 a.m.
mtn wrote:
Zomby Woof wrote: Santana Van halen Big sugar Steve Miller Nash the slash Frank Zappa The black keys King Crimson Stevie Ray Vaughan The beach boys
I'm gonnna go Zappa--I'm guessing you actually saw Zappa does Zappa. No clue why I say that.

Saw Zappa 3 times, ZPZ 2 times.

yupididit wrote: In reply to Zomby Woof: You've better not seen The Black Keys. I can never catch their performance.

Saw them with my kids a few years ago. Was curious if they could pull it off in a 10,000 seat venue, and they did.

Steve Miller.

Never a fan. I liked one of his songs, Fly like an eagle, and probably would only see him if I happened to already be there and the tickets were free.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls PowerDork
4/28/17 11:27 a.m.

Jerry Reed

Roy Clark

Willie Nelson

Cheap Trick

Tom Waits

X

Nirvana

DRI

Suicidal Tendencies

Dead Kennedys

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/28/17 11:38 a.m.
Ransom wrote: Bad Religion Devo Motörhead The Specials Depeche Mode The Dead Milkmen Morrissey Elvis Costello They Might Be Giants Rammstein

Ha, I've seen eight of your 10. (Never saw Morrissey or Rammstein.)

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
4/28/17 11:44 a.m.

I don't think I've been to 10 concerts. Usually live music is so blown out loud I can't hear it to enjoy it.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
4/28/17 3:07 p.m.
Ransom wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: In reply to Brian: Arlo Guthrie looks out of place on this list.
That's what I was thinking...

State Theater Ithaca, NY a week after Thanksgiving, IIRC, '07.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/28/17 5:14 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: You guys know you're supposed to guess which one other people are lying about right?

This is one of those threads where everybody posts, nobody reads or actually does what the point of the thread is.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
4/28/17 10:21 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: The Facebook band version: Slayer Iron Maiden Cannibal Corpse Between the Buried and Me The Ocean Protest the Hero Hypno5e Baroness Animals as Leaders Dethklok The G_Body Man car version: Caterham 7 Caterham 21 Lotus Elise Honda S2000 F125 Shifter Kart Oldsmobile F85 Isuzu Impulse Mercedes 270SL Volvo 142S BMW 635csi I'm going to guess that G_Body hasn't driven a G-Wagen and that Ransom hasn't seen Rammstein.

For yours, Protest The Hero doesn't quite seem to fit, so I'm going to go with them. In terms of cars, a Caterham 21 is pretty much unobtanium, so I'll guess that.

I've driven a G55. It kinda sucked as an on-road implement, even factoring in the absurdity of driving a piece of what is essentially military equipment on the streets.

Ransom
4/29/17 1:07 a.m.

In reply to Jumper K. Balls:

I should know yours, and I'm going with DK, and I'm going to be super jealous if I'm wrong...

I'm also now lamenting that I didn't use Siouxsie and the Banshees as my lie, as I came so berking close to seeing them, but left my tickets on the dresser in Eugene when I drove to Portland.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z4MpUlypPosYeN91QWFJhJx97S3o7hVSm9YzTHHdePiUhmPQqKePvQly6syVjvsF