1 2
EricM
EricM Reader
7/23/08 11:38 a.m.

Seriously,

thank you all for being sane. and here is what I mean by that:

On other boards I post at there is inevetably a group of people who show up and are all like "I want to drift! Looking at a skyline GTR to import, blha blha blah, do you think I can do it for $3000?"

or, there is the people who brag abour illegle street racing..

and just general douchebagery.

So thanks all of you for being sane.

Sorry for the rant.

Eric M

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/23/08 11:43 a.m.
EricM wrote: Seriously, thank you all for being sane.

That's where you lost me.

suprf1y
suprf1y New Reader
7/23/08 11:43 a.m.

I've been accused of being a lot of things. Sane is not one of them.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/23/08 11:44 a.m.

Did you just call us sane? I think I'm offended.

This is a board where we tell people to build Swifts into drag cars or shoe-horn an LSx into... anything.

Like the saying goes: we don't suffer from insanity, we enjoy every minute of it.

But I'd say we generally avoid douchebaggery.

EricM
EricM Reader
7/23/08 11:46 a.m.

LOL

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/23/08 12:06 p.m.
EricM wrote: or, there is the people who brag abour illegle street racing..

Hey I know abour illegle....

He's a local cab driver.

Didn't know he street raced.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/23/08 12:10 p.m.

I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this... I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like “illegle” etc etc... for your little descriptions or whatever in the avatars. I myself do not have illegles, nor am I a illegle teacher or illeglish, but I feel sensitivity for people with illeglitis as I am a student taking illegle classes, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field.

These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people with illegle impairments, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who are afflicted with illegle disabilities.

And don't get me started on douchebagery

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
7/23/08 12:16 p.m.

Thanks John Brown!

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/23/08 12:35 p.m.

aaahhh...a classic.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/23/08 12:53 p.m.

Sane?

I doubt that. I resent it as well. I have worked very hard to reach the level of general insanity and debauchery I have achieved and I'll not have it treated as a positive thing.

I believe I speak for the majority on this board.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/23/08 1:03 p.m.

So,

if I was wanting to import a Skyrine for $3K and illegally street race it...are you saying you have one? Wow...looks like a good deal. Too bad you're so far away. My wife won't let me. I've got a kid on the way. Gotta pay off some medical bills. Gotta pay back the bailbondsman. Would you take payments?

In other news. Dr. Lexus: "Don't worry Scroh! There's lot's of illegles out there living really kickass lives. My ex wife's an illegle, she's a pilot now."

aircooled
aircooled Dork
7/23/08 1:31 p.m.

No, you fool, if you want to illegally street race your $3000 Skyline while drifting you need to have a douchebag hanging from the coat hanger... or three Scottsmen in the back seat raping a sheep.

BTW SUV's suck! Time has proven this to be true...

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/23/08 1:46 p.m.

HEY, not all Scottsmen rape sheep... some times its consencual

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/23/08 1:58 p.m.

I thought a douchebagery was where they gave out Doctorates and Law degrees.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/23/08 1:59 p.m.

zomg... rwd is soo great

fwd is so sukz0r

stup1d ric3rs L0L11!!111!11111!!1!!11

drift i5 f4st05r than grip

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/23/08 2:23 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: HEY, not all Scottsmen rape sheep... some times its consencual

You can tell when it's consensual: they are using whiskey flavoured condoms.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/23/08 2:30 p.m.

fer fooks sake, you guys just. don't. stop.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/23/08 3:39 p.m.
Jensenman wrote:
neon4891 wrote: HEY, not all Scottsmen rape sheep... some times its consencual
You can tell when it's consensual: they are using whiskey flavoured condoms.

No no no.. not whilst driving don't you read the package

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/23/08 5:56 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this... I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like “illegle” etc etc... for your little descriptions or whatever in the avatars. I myself do not have illegles, nor am I a illegle teacher or illeglish, but I feel sensitivity for people with illeglitis as I am a student taking illegle classes, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field. These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people with illegle impairments, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who are afflicted with illegle disabilities. And don't get me started on douchebagery

You butt munch! You stole my sarcastic comment!

iceracer
iceracer New Reader
7/23/08 7:30 p.m.

You guys may not be sane but you sure are hilarious

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
7/23/08 9:33 p.m.

You spelled seine wrong. And what the hell does all of this have to do with a river, anyway? All though I have swum inseine.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
7/23/08 10:34 p.m.

This epic thread should be murdered out.

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
7/24/08 5:56 a.m.

Baaaaaaa.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
7/24/08 7:31 a.m.
aircooled wrote: No, you fool, if you want to illegally street race your $3000 Skyline while drifting you need to have a douchebag hanging from the coat hanger... or three Scottsmen in the back seat raping a sheep. BTW SUV's suck! Time has proven this to be true...

Scottsmen???

I always worry MUCH more about New Zealanders!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
7/24/08 7:57 a.m.

You gotta wonder about a country that has more sheep than people.....Aussie humor at expense of the Kiwis...hehe

As for this thread, umm err yeah sure (whispers to friend, "some of these guys need professional help")

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zllA1AjrbXvrnfeQixs3Atr4UinPXXYrl4HuuWJ8U1jXdXkq19dLtF2M6nkp1x72