kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
11/26/20 6:31 p.m.

So I'm eating my dinner of pumpkin pie.  SWMBO is all comfy in the chair watching a Hallmark movie.  As soon as I finished my pie, I head back to the shop, but in the five minutes it took to eat we had the following:

-"City girl" back in small town for work.  Visiting with her dad, who is mayor of said small town.

-City girl's dad grilling her about why she hasn't met the right guy and settled down.

-Upcoming "Winter Festival" in need of a Christmas Tree for city hall. (Drama!)

-City girl and her "bestie" being served hot cocoa by "bestie's" somewhat dorky husband.

-City girl meets guy across the street from her bestie, who happens to be handsome, single-dad firefighter/poet/philosopher as he's making a snowman with his adorable and slightly precocious daughter.   (Woody, is that you?)

(NOTE:  Firefighter/Woody has perfect tree in his yard, but of course it's his daughter's "favorite tree" and it's not for sale)

-Daughter immediately takes a liking to city girl, with the obvious goal of hooking up dad. 

-An instrumental version of "I'll be home for Christmas" plays in the background.

-Kids make homemade Christmas decorations. 

Seriously, who writes this stuff . . . 

johndej
johndej Dork
11/26/20 6:35 p.m.

You even used the word precocious cheeky...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/26/20 7:31 p.m.

I too, am living through this particular hell at the moment.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/26/20 7:36 p.m.

Cut the cord. 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/26/20 7:50 p.m.

Also every book written by Nicholas Sparks.  He just regurgitates the same plot in different locales.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/26/20 8:04 p.m.

They are pretty lame. Course she could be watching a movie that has a poor plot, filled with lots of violence, gore, sex and every sentence has E36 M3 or berkeley in it...

or just leave the tv off!

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/26/20 8:11 p.m.

Lol. I am getting to watch Teen Mom!

Happy Thanksgiving...

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/26/20 9:12 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/26/20 9:53 p.m.

SWMBO couldn't even make it through a single movie this year. I'm so proud. We've been watching "Mysteries of the Abandoned" all day. Which while kinda cheesy at points is still leagues above the hallmark channel. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/26/20 11:33 p.m.
johndej said:

You even used the word precocious cheeky...

Column #2 needs "humble carpenter who's shunned by the local aristocrats" and even though it's New England in the winter, there'll be a scene with him working shirtless.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/27/20 4:00 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

Sadly they're all Wilmington NC

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/27/20 8:17 a.m.

I came here hoping for another train layout, leaving disappointed lol

slefain
slefain PowerDork
11/27/20 8:46 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Cut the cord. 

Doesn't help. We use the PlutoTV app (free). My wife found their "Holiday" channel section. They have two channels streaming nothing but D-list actors in holiday movies, 24/7.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
11/27/20 11:12 a.m.

In reply to RX:  My in-house consultant on this stuff advises me that the humble carpenter actually goes in Column 6.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/27/20 7:22 p.m.

I have tried to shame my wife with the stupid plot lines of these movies, but I wasn't any more successful than with the Bachelor.  

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
11/28/20 7:40 a.m.

Thankfully my wife only watches these when I'm at work, I'd rather watch doctor show #10 for the week then a hallmark movie 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/20 3:18 p.m.

I watched zombieland. Fantastic love story if I've ever seen one. Plus I very much enjoy rosario dawson. 

AaronT
AaronT Reader
11/28/20 6:54 p.m.

My lady life partner has pretty excellent taste in entertainment, thank god. So none of this E46 M3 for me. She is really into true crime, but never feels a need to watch that genre with me. I'm a lucky man.

daeman
daeman Dork
11/30/20 12:06 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I thought you'd mixed movies somehow, but apparently I was just unaware of the existence of zombiland 2.

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/30/20 12:50 a.m.

My wife also loves herself some trashy Christmas movies. There's a ton on Netflix she's been binging. Funny thing is, she knows full well how bad they are and she still can't help herself. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/30/20 8:18 a.m.
daeman said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I thought you'd mixed movies somehow, but apparently I was just unaware of the existence of zombiland 2.

Not quite as good as the first, but it does have big fat death in it. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/30/20 10:58 a.m.
Stealthtercel said:

In reply to RX:  My in-house consultant on this stuff advises me that the humble carpenter actually goes in Column 6.

Ops, sorry about that...my matrix algebra skills fall off after an eggnog or three.

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/30/20 3:42 p.m.
New York Nick said:

Lol. I am getting to watch Teen Mom!

Happy Thanksgiving...

I'd rather watch a teen mom... if ya know what I.... I'll show myself out. 

johndej
johndej Dork
12/7/20 3:09 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qxFtrqgyDSVe83R9Dc8uTjMhMRF0XtV56H9wR4e33fFEymrQNJ0bBVMnRCLNlQgY