1 2
mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/30/10 6:26 p.m.
Keith wrote: The Italia is one of the best looking Miata rebodies out there. It needs more offset on the rear wheels to deal with those fatter rear fenders

My thoughts exactly. The Italia looks great with the right wheels and detailing. The one they built on "Gearz" addressed the wheel issue. Gearz Banshee site

The small Block Ford is nice. Too bad they put a Boss 302 shaker hood on it. Yecch.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/10 6:56 p.m.

the hood does not look bad.... did they need it for clearance?

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
1/30/10 9:41 p.m.
Josh wrote:
oldsaw wrote: What's with the infatuation for non-M series Z3's?
Back in the late '90s when that kit was developed, a new Z3 was a 40k BMW status symbol, and M1 Miatas were reliable used cars that sold for a tiny fraction of that. Of course it looks pretty silly now that a really nice M1 costs about the same as an early Z3.

That was a rhetorical question, Josh..........

lewbud
lewbud New Reader
1/30/10 9:43 p.m.

I agree with madmachine, the hood's not that bad. That thing would rock in Fly Yellow.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/10 11:46 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: I would rock that. With a huge intecooler stuffed behind it, some gigantic rubbers, and preferably 400+whp. Not because it'd be any good at anything, it would just add to the WTF factor.

We've built a car like that. Well, it didn't have 400+ whp because that was pretty much non-existent at the time (unlike the approximately 1 dozen Miatas truly making that power level out of four cylinders these days), but it was a pretty healthy car for the time. It was a pretty metallic blue.

Gearz probably did need the clearance on the hood. A 302-powered Miata combines the goodness of low oil pan clearance with the tastiness of a tall intake manifold

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/31/10 5:28 a.m.
kcbhiw wrote: win?

Reposted for its Grassroots purity

Brust
Brust Reader
1/31/10 8:58 a.m.

The E30 Miata is like crossing the streams. Vinkman would NOT approve.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/31/10 2:29 p.m.

But what did we learn at the end?????? U HAVE to cross the streams to win!

Otherwise you end up with this!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qYILWy6gGU4WLtwPYTfLOiMQVYDHIxv3wsBtiB0ounVHMrUCMn6Pvhn4RDxg07CN