1 ... 8 9 10
PubBurgers
PubBurgers SuperDork
4/20/15 6:27 a.m.

It's spring again! Who's up for another go round of cleaning?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/20/15 6:37 a.m.

Just did a massive clean up on mine over the weekend. I don't remember the last time it was this clean.

I actually thought about this thread as I was doing it.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
4/21/15 8:01 a.m.

After 2 years of using my now useful shop I have kinda trashed it again. Also I still have airlines to run and the whole shop is getting another bulldozer cleaning starting May 11th. Benches are getting new locations, air compressor is getting its own shed, catchall shelves are being eliminated and all the accumulation is being removed. Various projects have left their flotsam (insulation, wiring, car show stuff, tires etc). Gonna use more for work areas and less for storage. Gonna try for good pictures.

Bruce

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/15 12:02 p.m.

I don't have any good before shots, but I was able to score a few new cabinets and some time to spring clean. I figured better take photos now before it goes to crap again. The right side is full of stuff that needs to go to a flea market, yard sale, dumpster...somewhere. Once that is gone, I will have more floor space free. The right wall is a little overrun with summer stuff, but it may also get moved to a shed somewhere.

This cabinet was a gift from the wife, nothing in it yet but that won't last.

Just picked this up as well. Empty for now, what will I use it for?!?! (Disregard the door with the flap. Training the dogs to go outside, will be replaced with a dog-door equipped steel door.)

After dreaming about a large tool cabinet for years, I found this on sale at a big box store and picked it up for a song. All hand tools have a home now.

Got these for nothing more than the labor of removing them. They fit the space well and gave a ton of storage, lucky me.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
4/24/15 12:23 p.m.

Nice cabinet score!

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
4/24/15 1:19 p.m.

I really need to go take some pictures of my dad's garage, there's at least 2.5 cars in there, somewhere.

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
4/29/15 9:20 p.m.

So, after rolling along with the cleaning back when we started this for a while, I got the flu and lost interest in cleaning. Never really got back to it. Then I kinda had a bit of a car hating crisis... (My berkeley cars! Phase as I refer to it). But over the last few weekends I got back to cleaning. A before and after:  photo 13D16FFE-C2BD-461D-9985-10959897D82F_zpsy5iatasp.jpg

photo E6F15B18-3E03-45C8-A34E-80A52DEB130F_zps2wqgnwi8.jpg

Joey

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
4/30/15 11:02 a.m.

Not a good time to bring this thread back. Just dropped $500 for new PVC trim boards for around the garage doors and transit windows above.... Carpenter ants suck!!! Thats $500 I could have spent on wheels, tires, engine parts.... argh.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
9/5/15 3:12 p.m.

How's everyone else doing on their messes of a garage. Mines gotten worse since this thread started, and I have a storage locker now. Been working on it over the last couple of days, though, and have multiple items on craigslist. I am hoping to have room to park at least one car in it this winter. Not to mention, I'd like to do some minor upgrade work on the Neon during the cold months, instead of letting it rot in the driveway.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
9/5/15 4:59 p.m.

There is an entire shop rennovation thread on here from me.

Im almost done with the ceiling, one bay is entirely tiled, almost all the new lights are up, and will be building/modifying cabinets in the next few days.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
9/6/15 4:03 p.m.

Mine is worse. I hate to admit it.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
9/7/15 6:40 a.m.

Back part of the Grosh went from this:
To this:
In preparation for drywall and proper flooring. Every time I clean I find more and more stuff that I'd rather throw away than move again. I should clean more.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/7/15 7:58 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Every time I clean I find more and more stuff that I'd rather throw away than move again. I should clean more.

Words to live by...

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
9/7/15 8:04 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Mine is worse. I hate to admit it.

Mine remains unchanged with the garage however I broke a cardinal rule of mine and started using a room we don't use in the house.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/7/15 8:15 a.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

Mine is worse. Since this tread started, I've added a second scissor lift and recently a motorcycle. I should also add my living room to the clean-up needs - since it now looks like a bike shop exploded...

A new shed is currently being built, but unfortunately I wrecked badly during a DH race practice run on Sat and hurt my back, so that may delay much of anything getting done over the next couple of weeks (assuming I didn't do any serious damage and it heals).

Since I can't do much of anything else right now... I'll go take some pictures...

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EwF5e5eaUOzTQLZq5fJ7pgRrmeWKcfQPP5DQlPvXDHyRi2lU7FP1c3LauuIn4XRd