1 2 3 4 ... 8
minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/3/18 12:04 p.m.

I'm willing to volunteer to stuff and mail back SASEs to everybody in exchange for throwing an extra one in for me to keep.  I don't have a cutter to participate myself.  Seems like it's cheaper for all involved to pay for postage twice instead of dozens of stamps for individual stickers.  We could also just have everyone throw a stamp in with your stack and I can buy a box of envelopes to mail back.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
2/3/18 12:23 p.m.

We can use the big jumble method too- I'm used to being "that guy" (ha ha), so I will volunteer to handle the mixing of decals and mailing.

So each person would choose five designs (five total decals), send them to me with a SASE, I'll jumble them all up doing my best not to send yours back to you, then mail them all out again?

I'm game!

@ProDarwin- those dates sound fine to me.  That way if someone is doing original designs they have some time to come up with them and cut them.  I threw the number five out there arbitrarily, it's up to everyone how many we actually do.

laugh

*Edit*  I don't have to be the person to do it- minivan_racer can be the point person if he wants.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/3/18 1:06 p.m.

Awesome. I was a bit worried as I  have some cool, old stickers, but not that many cool, old stickers.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 6:23 p.m.

So to clarify.  Everyone supplies 5 stickers.  Everyone gets 5 stickers in return.  Those of us with cutters or extra can try and supply extra to cover those without stickers.

I'd say write your name/screen name on the back of the stickers you send, that way the shuffler has an easy way to make sure he's not sending them back to you.

If that's all good, I'll update the first post.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/3/18 6:26 p.m.

It doesn't matter to me I'm willing to do it if necessary and if all I need to find is 5 cool decals I can do that too.

paranoid_android
2/3/18 6:34 p.m.

This all sounds great to me!  ProDarwin I'd say go for it.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/3/18 6:46 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

That seems like the best idea.  Have everybody pm me for my address and figure out what the cutoff date will be and I'll shuffle and mail out envelopes.  Also make sure that everybody drops either a stamp or SASE in there also.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/3/18 7:22 p.m.

Anyone know how to change font colors on the new forum?

First post udpated.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/3/18 7:52 p.m.

You know how people get stickers that are white outlines of the tracks they have driven?

I always thought it would be fun to do a bunch of Nascar super speedways. Might have to add pit lanes though so it doesn't look like you have a bunch of random ovals on your back window.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
2/4/18 10:44 p.m.

This post is to inform you that the first post is updated so if you want in go look at it. Also if your using the pm system doesn't work post here so I can provide an email address.

paranoid_android
2/5/18 11:08 a.m.

Since it's now official, I am officially in for the official Great Sticker Exchange.

Minivan_racer I'll send you a pm for your mailing address.

laugh

D2W
D2W HalfDork
2/5/18 12:56 p.m.

I'm in, a couple of questions.

Only automotive related stickers, or anything?

Do they need to be small enough to fit in a regular letter envelope, or bigger?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
2/5/18 1:12 p.m.

OK, if stickers dating back to the early '70's are acceptable for the exchange, I'm in.

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/5/18 1:32 p.m.

Im totally in! 

paranoid_android
2/5/18 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

If you are stuck on the software side, I might be able to help you get a cuttable file together.  If no one else has offered yet.

paranoid_android
2/5/18 2:03 p.m.
D2W said:

I'm in, a couple of questions.

Only automotive related stickers, or anything?

Do they need to be small enough to fit in a regular letter envelope, or bigger?

I don't think they have to be automotive related, just very unique (like we are).

And yes, I believe the size limit is a standard US letter envelope.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/5/18 3:27 p.m.

Yes, unique stickers.  If you think it is neat, do it.  Yes, business envelope is the size limit.

Please try and keep them in good taste.  And nothing political please.  I won't define that, but you know it when you see it.  Alternatively, if ECM would lock a thread about it, don't send it.

I'll add a participant list to the first post when I get home.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/5/18 6:26 p.m.

Participant list updated in first post.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
2/6/18 11:42 a.m.

I'm down! Will send a few extras so others can play, no charge.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/6/18 11:51 a.m.

I have an idea I hope to pull off, if not, I will send some stickers I did not make.

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
2/6/18 12:41 p.m.

Crap, this would be so cool but I can't send an SASE internationally.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
2/6/18 1:36 p.m.

I'd love to do it, but don't have a cutter, or any ideas for cool stickers. I could probably scare up 5 to send out though if that's an option.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/6/18 2:00 p.m.

Got mine designed devil

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/6/18 2:19 p.m.

In reply to Mazdax605 :

That's what I'm doing.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
2/6/18 2:22 p.m.

I’m in.  I have stickers for our race team and podcast, plus others that I have duplicates of.  

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4bwJ3jwPHFGwnWZYsE0Qcnyl1tFqJOyYqOWZVBQGssGqgTyVg9TUEFZr8PUlvj7t