1 2 3 ... 34
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/13/13 10:42 a.m.

Have so many threads about negativity, maybe one about being in a good mood? I'll start it off:

Good possibility of me going to COTA for the IMSA Porsche Cup support race for the WEC and ALMS races, working with a well known team, then going to Houston for the World Challenge race, then another possibility of me going with the Porsche team to Road Atlanta for the support race for Petit.

Makes me feel good and hopefully opens the eyes of my boss to see that I'm a lot more valuable than someone else in charge right now...

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/13/13 10:54 a.m.

Fingers crossed for your COTA trip!

• The garage is really, truly, getting very close to done
  • Autocrossing Sunday for the first time in... too long
  • Think I'm going to try a few cyclocross races this year after all

May have to come back and add more...

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
9/13/13 10:58 a.m.

Just bought an awesome place with 13 acres, horse barn and detached workshop/garage.

Off to a job interview that could net me a 20% pay increase.

Buying a new Kubota this weekend.

Get to go home to a loving woman who will almost undoubtedly have bought beer.

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
9/13/13 11:01 a.m.

A spot just opened up on my friend's ChumpCar team for the gateway race next weekend, and he offered me first dibs at the slot for a ridiculously low price. It's been a couple years since I've raced wheel to wheel, and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
9/13/13 11:06 a.m.

Sounds like great news Duke.

I'm starting a new job on Monday, a 45% increase in pay over the one I'm leaving. It's also Monday-Friday, banker's hours, and no weekends, with paid Holidays off. That's compared to the one I just left - 12 hour shifts, no paid holidays, work every other weekend. I am excite!

Also might be getting a new car!

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
9/13/13 11:07 a.m.

I woke up this morning...guess that's a plus.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/13/13 11:08 a.m.

And it's effing Friday! Love it. Don't care if it's Friday the 13th.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
9/13/13 11:10 a.m.

Nice!

I'm also in a good mood. Had the NC detailed yesterday, getting a massage today after work, then tomorrow going out to Hallett to ride around for Miata's at Hallett.

It's a bummer I don't have my NA ready to go race around, but it should still be a lot of fun.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/13/13 11:16 a.m.

I'm still above ground and breathing.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
9/13/13 11:19 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Just bought an awesome place with 13 acres, horse barn and detached workshop/garage. Off to a job interview that could net me a 20% pay increase. Buying a new Kubota this weekend. Get to go home to a loving woman who will almost undoubtedly have bought beer.

That my friend, is the American dream!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/13/13 11:24 a.m.

Yessir, vertical and breathing. Gainfully employed. Kid and I are both in good health. Get to go to LeMons next weekend. There's cold beer in the fridge.

Yep, life is okay.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
9/13/13 11:29 a.m.

It's Friday!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
9/13/13 11:35 a.m.

The increased dosage of my medicine is working fantastically.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/13/13 11:46 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Yessir, vertical and breathing. Gainfully employed. Kid and I are both in good health. Get to go to LeMons next weekend. There's cold beer in the fridge. Yep, life is okay.

this ... ('cept no kids LOL) + an a-x this weekend

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
9/13/13 11:46 a.m.

Its Friday (the 13th yuck) and I feel a whole lot better than the past two days.

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
9/13/13 11:49 a.m.

I got two compliments on my shirt at work today, leaving with mrs. 92dx for the beach for a mini vacation and its not swamp ass hot and humid today like it has the rest of the week and its Friday..

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
9/13/13 11:51 a.m.

I just brought home an original owner, 74k mile, barnfind 73 Volvo 142 for 400 bucks....I am pleased! Bonus is it's a 4 speed. Non bonus is it needs paint and a little bodywork. I was really surprised to see these had efi and 4 wheel disks way back in 73.

Also, the weather is AWESOME for the weekend. It's been so hot and humid lately and i was hating it, but this weekend should be great.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/13 11:56 a.m.

Let's see, it's been a damn good week. Bought the Saab Turbo for peanuts and found the magical fix already, got an amazing promotion and raise at work, my wonderful wife made homemade spaghetti sauce with tomatoes from the garden, my baby girl is getting more adorable by the day (she hid under the futon yesterday and snatched bowls of raisins SWMBO was leaving out to coax her out, hilarious!), baby boy is healthy, and I'm hosting an autocross on Sunday where I get to meet ransom! Yup, there will be a deserving adult beverage well earned for this week, maybe two if the Niners beat the Shehawks on Sunday night.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/13 12:02 p.m.

Great health. Great friends. Great family. Great job.

Yep, I'm all good. Always.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
9/13/13 12:03 p.m.

About to take a nap after putting my beautiful 2 year old down for hers. Extremely happy. :D

Don49
Don49 Reader
9/13/13 12:09 p.m.

Just packed the motorhome and leaving in the morning for the SCCA Runoffs. It's been a trying couple of weeks sorting out motorhome issues, but it's ready to go now! Also, at this time last year I was getting very sick and came close to dying. This year my health is 100%.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/13/13 12:14 p.m.

Already mentioned the 15yrs employed earlier this week. Living with an awesome and cute SWMBO that puts up with my car silliness. Went from hard time finding replacement wheels for those lost off the trailer to a plethora of wheels to choose from this weekend.

Including a gentleman with 4 Mk1 MR2's that is going to BRING TO ME a set of OEM wheels with road racing tires mounted for $125 to a car show Sunday. Figure they'd come in handy for an autocross or PDX someday and a good price.

Then Monday I'm buying 8 OEM MR2 wheels for $110, stock up now!

Did I mention the awesome SWMBO?

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle HalfDork
9/13/13 12:15 p.m.

Everything is peachy right now. Friday off, watching my wonderful 4 month old daughter.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/13/13 12:21 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: Yessir, vertical and breathing. Gainfully employed. Kid and I are both in good health. Get to go to LeMons next weekend. There's cold beer in the fridge. Yep, life is okay.
this ... ('cept no kids LOL) + an a-x this weekend

Dammit. This is 'catch up on yard work' weekend for us. But that's so the next two weekends can be 'play with cars' weekends.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/13/13 12:27 p.m.

Finally finished a long and complicated microwave install, (forgot to put in venting during previous remodel) now I can return to working on the car. Crawling under the car is MUCH better than around in an attic.

1 2 3 ... 34

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cf3Hx7tJxnomIECRaNEKDGjznzSjGwCKEqxRXEwC2UzEvMaj8SFP2od63C8fqcIg