1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34
fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
9/29/16 6:23 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Has it really been over a month since someone was in a good mood?

I have been in a damn good mood... but I was just too lazy to search for this thread.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/16 5:39 a.m.

In reply to 92dxman:

My brother has an 09 that he's pit about 150k on. I don't think it even has a right side mirror but it's a reliable little car.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/2/16 2:25 p.m.

Ahh. What a nice day. Slept in, morning snu-snu, a nice walk in a local nature conservatory, an excellent lunch at a place that serves authentic Central American fare, the weather is perfect so I'm painting the back door and listening to fun music on Pandora.

Beer school tonight. Just a nice day

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
10/25/16 4:12 p.m.

A good friend that's been on a kidney transplant list got a call today for a kidney.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/25/16 4:22 p.m.

I quit my job.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/26/16 8:35 a.m.

Long post made longer:

After a very late night of finding out how much my Health Insurance is going to cost me per month for my Wife and future daughter, who is on the way, I tossed and turned all night and finally got to sleep at 3am this morning. I wake up at 5am to get ready for work.

My very first customer came in for a Scheduled Service on her XF. She is older in age, but has to be the nicest lady I have met in a very long time. Was joking with me about her car, congratulating me on our pregnancy and giving my Wife all the well wishes.

It is amazing what a person's personality has on other people. Her being in a good mood has put me in a damn good mood, especially with only having 2 hours sleep. I hope to carry this thru the rest of the day

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/12/16 6:27 p.m.

Today I got to be that cool uncle that shows your niece and nephew how to burn holes in autumn leaves with a magnifying glass in the mid-day sun...they were utterly amazed by my skillful mastery of such dark arts.

You're welcome sis

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
11/13/16 6:22 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

See - that's the stuff kids miss today. Was there an app for this? What's next? Popping caps with a rock?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/15/16 4:01 p.m.

Blue Sky soda brand root beer has real cane sugar, and is delicious. I got a free one today. Hooray

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/17 6:17 p.m.

Over the last year I've made some deductions on ongoing cybersecurity situations so accurate that people are going to think I have inside information

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
1/10/17 7:31 p.m.

I suppose this goes here.

I worked out a lot as a teenager. Track, cross country, swimming I did them. Then 4 years in the army. Followed by a year as a college cheerleader. Competitive mountain bike racing. Downhill skiing. Rock climbing. And much much more.

And at 30 I had my first kid and utterly stopped exercising. It's been 15 years of coasting on my past fitness.

So tonight Tiger Mom was about to go out the gym and I decided to join her. I have a feeling I'm gonna feel this one in the morning . Time for a couple of ibuprofen and a hot shower.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
1/10/17 8:23 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I quit my job.

You lucky dog.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
1/14/17 7:11 p.m.

Today, a teacher from last semester found some points to give back on a paper that bumped my grade from a B to an A, moving my overall GPA back into the range where I can display it applying to internships. Whoo engineering!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
1/15/17 9:23 a.m.

Last night we had our annual club autocross banquet. I took home (my second) class champion trophy, a nifty helmet bag, and in the whacky "Italian auction" I bought a beautiful hand made remote control ChrisCraft speedboat (about 3' long) for $32. Lots of fun!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/19/17 12:00 p.m.

My wife is interviewing for a job right now. She has a couple of other interviews next week. She's always been very conservitive with her career as the sole bread winner and now is a good time for her to step out and take some risk. I'm proud of her and it makes me happy.

The
The Dork
1/19/17 1:14 p.m.

I just retired at 55 and have already been on one cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and one to south America through the panama canal. March is Germany, August is Alaska, October is the Danube and finish the year in the western Caribbean at Christmas. Dam my feet hurt.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
1/22/17 8:05 p.m.

My twins birthday party went off without a hitch even if it was a bit crowded! My in laws managed too play nice withe everyone else, my boys are happy and my wife is finally calmed down. Was a pretty damn good day!

sachilles
sachilles UltraDork
1/23/17 9:30 a.m.

Finally had some time to myself yesterday to finish installing new cabinets and lockers in my garage. Started moving stuff into them. I'm sore as hell rearranging everything, but I love having stuff behind closed doors. I'm not a clean freak my any stretch of the imagination, but if feels good to neaten up the garage. Still a bit more to go, but I can actually walk around my race car and not trip over stuff.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
1/23/17 10:35 a.m.

I got a compliment on how neat and organized my shop is. I've been really working on it the last few weeks. Felt good.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
1/23/17 2:59 p.m.

Shop called me and told me that they found the problem with the megasquirt. A ground issue followed by incorrect settings. Its starts and idles like its supposed to!!!

Now to fix the list of things that they found before actually test driving it. $400 well spent.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
2/11/17 8:44 p.m.

Started today being angry at everything. Instead of sitting there spending my whole day off that way, I got up and did things. Nothing got "done" but several things got started. I think I found an answer to a problem I've been trying to figure out on the Bravada too. It might disappoint a few people here when I finally let that cat out but I don't care because it means I have a 90% complete plan on how to make it a driver again.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/17 12:45 p.m.

Oh man I'm so pumped and yet I have to sit in a cubicle instead of running around and high-fiving people! This can't be healthy!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
2/17/17 1:12 p.m.

No real reason, but im in a good mood, and motivated to get back to the duster tonight.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
2/17/17 2:37 p.m.

Today is my last real work day at Jaguar. I work tomorrow, but Saturday's are skeleton like. One appointment, one tech, one Parts guy and one Service Writer. But, today is my last day with all the techs and parts guys. They all have nothing but great things to say and well wishes. I wish I could stay in another capacity, but there is nothing here to offer and with the new race gig, I can't turn down the money and future there. I am very happy, yet alittle sad.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
2/17/17 2:47 p.m.

The sale of my wife's company officially closed. She doesn't have to get up at night to babysit a well for the first time in over three years. She kicked ass. Time to count some chickens.

1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
txLF5NKsLgg4FvnHqDfk8CBxbUjutcZrcxmLmkkvTrAdpW6tIuWAGSTczm9jmdn1