1 ... 31 32 33
Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/27/17 7:00 p.m.

Apparently my insurance people learned I'm no longer a 21 year old male (a 22 year old male now incase you were wondering), so my insurance went way down. I'm perfectly ok with this. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
12/28/17 4:59 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Good, tell mine.  I'm almost 40 and I'm at $2000/yr with a clean record.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
12/28/17 5:05 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Sounds like you need to find a better zip code or different vehicle...laugh

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/28/17 5:06 p.m.

My vacation has been good for my soul.

Hung out with stafford1500 all day.

Chili for dinner, and fixing to watch fast 8.

See stampie and asa in the morning. 

Just in a good place again

Finally. 

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/28/17 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Dude, insuring what?? I’ve got two cars and a scooter and my classic truck insured for about $1100/yr. only full coverage is the truck. How’s your credit? That can knock it about sometimes which is BS in my opinion. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
12/29/17 11:32 a.m.

WHOOPEEEE!  I just bought winning tickets for tonight's MegaMillions Lottery And tomorrow's Powerball!!!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
12/29/17 4:34 p.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Knurled. :

Dude, insuring what?? I’ve got two cars and a scooter and my classic truck insured for about $1100/yr. only full coverage is the truck. How’s your credit? That can knock it about sometimes which is BS in my opinion. 

I am 39, single, not a homeowner, and I have a single Volvo on full coverage at 15k/yr and a single RX-7 driven 5000mi/yr stored not at my place of residence, on liability.

Liability only, I'd be at $1200/yr.  Insurance was the same for the S40 as the S60R, as far as they seem to be concerned it's just an S60.

If you are not married and not a home owner, you are a piggybank.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/29/17 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I'm insuring my '99 Malibu liability only and my '91 Bravada shell purely so I get multi car discount. Probably going to change again next week as the Bravada I just sold comes off and the 2000 Dodge beater truck goes on. I'm single, not a homeowner, but I'm also a student. I've got one at fault accident on my record from like 3 years ago. That puts me at roughly $97 a month. It was $138 until this month.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/29/17 10:55 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Any chance you can get renters insurance and end up with a lower overall bill? Multiline discounts really add up sometimes. What carrier are you with?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/30/17 2:44 p.m.

Engine is in the miata!!!!!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UltraDork
1/3/18 3:04 p.m.

I've been off from work for almost two full weeks for the holidays (last day I worked was Dec. 23), and today was my first day back at work. I spent almost all of the time off from work with my wife, nearly a full 24 hours' worth of that time in a car (along with our dog)- probably no more than 8 hours total out of the nearly 2 weeks time was spent apart from her between our time at her parents' over Christmas (and the 10-hour drive to and from there), time spent at home (most of it, unfortunately, fairly sick) between Christmas and New Years, and our 3 nights out in a Yurt in a nearby nature area over New Years.

Now that I'm finally back in at work- I'm sad to not be spending as much time with her, and while this itself makes me a bit sad the fact that this is still the case after over 3 1/2 years of marriage makes me pretty happy.

1 ... 31 32 33
Our Preferred Partners
qf4Jp5y9EYbjw0S4YW1ynzcp9R7GdXV0