1 2 3
schuess100
schuess100 New Reader
9/24/09 3:53 p.m.

That segment is flat out awful. The gimmicky crap with streamers and tennis balls shooting at the car is ridiculous. I'd say that segment gets killed within the next month to never appear again.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/24/09 4:49 p.m.
Rusty_Rabbit84 wrote: Last night they had Bob Costas

You said enough.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/24/09 9:18 p.m.

Rush Limbaugh is racing tonight...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
9/24/09 9:50 p.m.

Rush hit Al Gore, then backed up and hit him a second time. It was actually kind of funny.

I noticed they apparently took the harness out of the car, too, or at least tucked it behind the seat. He couldn't get the helmet on his big head, either.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Reader
9/25/09 7:37 a.m.

I saw the show last night. Some parts were funny some not so much. Rush didn't come off as big of a blowhard as he does on his show.

The track is awful. I can't see how that is entertaining even to non car people. Also they tried to get him to put his helmet on after he got in the car. I am not a big guy and don't have a large car but I have trouble doing that at the AutoX without laying halfway into the passenger seat. So he ran without it.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/25/09 7:46 a.m.

I'm really surprised anyone would be allowed to run without being properly strapped in and wearing a harness. Seems like a Very Bad Idea to me.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
9/25/09 7:53 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: He's probably thankful for it... he's got a steady job playing music and serving as the hypeman for the whitest guy on earth.

Yea, he probably doesn't even have to work anymore, provided he doesn't hsve to feed a "posse" or ahve an appetite for cars like Leno. Somtimes you get the feeling he can barely put up with Leno.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/25/09 7:54 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I'm really surprised anyone would be allowed to run without being properly strapped in and wearing a harness. Seems like a Very Bad Idea to me.

...and nothing of value was lost.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
9/25/09 7:55 a.m.
Strizzo wrote:
JeepinMatt wrote: I like Leno and I do like his comedy. Knowing how much air-time he's spent trying to be funny I can see how it'd be difficult to hit a home run every night. Conan O'Brien is very funny. It's a different story about David Letterman, though
letterman was funny back before all of his jokes were thinly veiled political comments

Leno's aren't even thinly veiled.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/09 9:00 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: I'm really surprised anyone would be allowed to run without being properly strapped in and wearing a harness. Seems like a Very Bad Idea to me.

They probably hit a top speed of 25 mph.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/25/09 10:41 a.m.

the only funny part from last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeLGisUHtc

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oOVdpXeIYrNJwMcbO00JT6FpRFpyz5KWxUh1lRkt4rH122S21hQyp4JEadJ6gZh0