1 2 3 4 5 6
trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
9/28/15 2:16 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/28/15 2:33 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Not quite on the epic scale, but here's a synopsis of a phone conversation I just had. "I want to make my Miata faster, but I don't have a lot of money" "Can you quantify that? $100, $1000, $10000?" "About a thousand" "Okay, for that we can do things like an intake or exhaust. It's not a massive power increase, but it'll be about 10%" "That's not going to do it, I need more. What about a supercharger? I could come up with more money if I had to" "Our superchargers start at around $5000, and will gain you 80-90 hp" "90 hp? I'm starting at only 170! That's not going to be enough" "How much horsepower would be enough?" "I need 500." "...Is this a serious phone call? You want 500 hp in a Miata for a thousand dollars?" "Yes." Unfortunately, I was unable to help this individual in his quest.

meh, you should have pointed him to the closest pull a part and tell him "you see what we do with a LS. You should do that DIY. Anything else I can help you with?"

I don't say meh, I'm too old.

But I did tell him about the V8 swaps, the cost of DIY melted his brain. So I told him to sell the Miata and buy a Mustang. Because then he'll call Roush instead

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/28/15 3:24 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: "How much horsepower would be enough?" "I need 500."

I assume he had been binge watching the Fast and Furious movies just before he called.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/28/15 3:26 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: "How much horsepower would be enough?" "I need 500."
I assume he had been binge watching the Fast and Furious movies just before he called.

Yeah, but then he'd have been looking for nozzzzz.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/28/15 3:46 p.m.

Joyce Mitchell, the woman that helped two inmates escape from prison.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/us/new-york-prison-break-mitchell/

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/28/15 10:35 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: For this, the premier week, I nominate one I believe with become a regular here, Kanye West: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/14/kanye-west-halts-concert-after-two-fans-refuse-to-stand-up-doesnt-realize/?intcmp=latestnews EDIT: Oh, and please don't flounder the thread. Politicians as "Morons of the Week" (unless they do something outside the world of politics) is just too easy and shows a lack of effort, and we want to be respectful of the "house rules".

I nominate Kanye for Moron of the year

carknut
carknut New Reader
9/30/15 11:48 a.m.

Just came in to make sure it wasn't me.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/30/15 3:49 p.m.
carknut wrote: Just came in to make sure it wasn't me.

Nope, you're good. Carry on. Better luck next week.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/30/15 3:54 p.m.

BTW - while I'm thinking about it, if Kanye West really does run for president, the "no politicians" rule goes out the window.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
9/30/15 5:41 p.m.

cliffs notes on who he is ?

so I don't have to wade through all the youtube BS

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/30/15 6:38 p.m.

This tells you everything you need to know about Kanye in less than 5 minutes. Watch at least 2 minutes. It will be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXRFngq0pY

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
1/26/16 7:36 p.m.

No updates in a while, but really can't leave this one off the thread. Michigan's giving Florida some competition: http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/82584838-story

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/26/16 8:03 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: No updates in a while, but really can't leave this one off the thread. Michigan's giving Florida some competition: http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/82584838-story

Keep both hands on the wheel.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
1/26/16 10:59 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

Driving with no pants in Michigan in January is bad enough.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
1/27/16 8:56 a.m.

Half of the politicians that I see on a daily basis. "why are your benefits so high?" "because our retirement was underfunded in the past" "that is crazy, that isn't like a business" "no it isn't." A) it is underfunded because the previous legislative body cut benefits and now we are paying the retirement we promised years ago. B) trying to run your department lean is good but it still isn't a business.

Tldr: politicians dumb, say silly things about problems they created.

theenico
theenico Reader
1/27/16 10:10 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
kazoospec wrote: No updates in a while, but really can't leave this one off the thread. Michigan's giving Florida some competition: http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/82584838-story

Keep both hands on the wheel.

My brain read partially ejected as partially erected. Must not have been a very good porno.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/27/16 10:34 a.m.

http://6abc.com/news/teen-dies-after-drinking-racing-fuel/1174348/

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
1/27/16 11:20 a.m.

In reply to 92dxman:

Quoted from the article: "Investigators believe teens drink racing fuel to get drunk or high."

Yep, got 'er all figured out.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/27/16 11:22 a.m.
92dxman wrote: http://6abc.com/news/teen-dies-after-drinking-racing-fuel/1174348/
Logan's family is now raising money to educate students about things adults never thought to warn their children about - like drinking race fuel, WKRN reports.

Some of my earliest memories are of being taught the danger of poisons.

ncjay
ncjay Dork
1/27/16 11:27 a.m.

I'm curious. What, how, why on earth did they think drinking fuel, racing or otherwise, would make them high or drunk? Seems like one sip would have put a quick stop to that. Apparently no one siphons gasoline anymore. Hey, I've got a better idea, Everclear or moonshine.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/27/16 11:32 a.m.
theenico wrote:
stuart in mn wrote:
kazoospec wrote: No updates in a while, but really can't leave this one off the thread. Michigan's giving Florida some competition: http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/82584838-story

Keep both hands on the wheel.

My brain read partially ejected as partially erected. Must not have been a very good porno.

Well the cops said they knew he was jackin' it before he crashed, so he must have left evidence...

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/27/16 1:44 p.m.

Apparently its called Dewshine when the racing fuel is mixed with Mountain Dew. The teens believed the methanol is a substitute for ethanol.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/27/16 3:21 p.m.

just proof that Darwin CAN win if we'll just step back and let him have room to operate ... being that dumb should have consequences ... AND shouldn't be able to procreate OR, for that matter, be allowed to vote

Furious_E
Furious_E Reader
1/27/16 3:32 p.m.
ncjay wrote: I'm curious. What, how, why on earth did they think drinking fuel, racing or otherwise, would make them high or drunk? Seems like one sip would have put a quick stop to that. Apparently no one siphons gasoline anymore. Hey, I've got a better idea, Everclear or moonshine.

BUUUUT IZ GAWT AWL-KUH-HAWL INNUT!!!

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
1/27/16 4:09 p.m.

In reply to ncjay: This E36 M3 storm of a movie

Showed these idiots drinking every kind of auto fluid available. Fuel, anti freeze, etc... I am guessing that this kid hadn't seen this pile though.

1 2 3 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
YZdannx2onsZtCkdOCHOulIe4gugbsVMpVHOJqiYk1eDt485bG8jR6kM2aZS9Xca