Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/18 10:37 p.m.

Baker.....

i don’t know how to feel.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/21/18 5:27 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It's like the cute girl that sits beside you in high school. She touched your hand while passing papers and you get all butterflies inside.  But did she really mean to touch your hand or does she not even know your name?

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/21/18 6:36 a.m.

I was so worried when Baker went in that he would get slaughtered and Drew Stanton would be the starter the rest of the season.  

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/21/18 8:15 a.m.

So stoked. Poor Tyrod :/

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
9/21/18 8:32 a.m.

Dilly Dilly

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/21/18 10:56 a.m.

I was with my die-hard Browns fan pal last night watching the game.   You would've thought that the Browns won the Super Bowl---he was beside himself with joy! 

Funny thing is, he wouldn't celebrate AT ALL, until the final seconds ticked off.   He's been burnt so many times before.....  everyone else was congratulating him, and he's like  "shut up.....there's still 11 seconds left....they can still lose this!"    But for once......the Browns pulled it off.   Congrats long suffering Browns fans!---- The light at the end of the tunnel may not be a train this year.....

and I know it's just his first appearance, but Mayfield looked like a Hall of Famer last night!   

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/21/18 11:12 a.m.

Mayfield was shooting lasers. A few were questionable on if/where he should have thrown, but that 'ish was coming in HOT. He'll need to get ahead of the film curve w/ his decision making before oppo can study and he starts getting picked off.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/18 11:48 a.m.

I should probably check on my father . 

bluej
9/21/18 12:11 p.m.

As a Pat's fan, I definitely was enjoying some schadenfreude that it was the Jets that went down :p

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/21/18 12:32 p.m.

If the Browns had a kicker they'd be 3-0, as it is they're holding down 2nd place in the AFC North. 

logdog
9/21/18 12:42 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

Funny thing is, he wouldn't celebrate AT ALL, until the final seconds ticked off.   He's been burnt so many times before.....  everyone else was congratulating him, and he's like  "shut up.....there's still 11 seconds left....they can still lose this!"  

That was me too.  I was staring blankly waiting for Darnold to connect on a long bomb for a touchdown.

logdog
9/21/18 12:43 p.m.

logdog
9/21/18 1:19 p.m.

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
9/21/18 5:11 p.m.
bluej said:

As a Pat's fan, I definitely was enjoying some schadenfreude that it was the Jets that went down :p

Pat's fan here also, but...... the browns record is as good as the Pat's.   Pretty depressing. Hoping the Pat's play better Sunday. 

captdownshift
9/21/18 7:29 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

Wonder if Manziel showed up for the free beer. 

Brian
Brian MegaDork
9/22/18 10:00 a.m.

I wonder how the beer thing went. I read an article about how the number of “free beers” was only a fraction of stadium capacity. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/18 10:13 a.m.

My buddy was at a bar that didn’t have the free beer fridge and the bar still gave out free bud light.  Which to me is like “here drink this free can of piss”

i’m just glad the fridges didn’t have to stay locked up until week 16.

logdog
9/22/18 3:29 p.m.

Look at the goodies I found in my closet.  I don't know what I paid for these back in 99 but I'm sure they are worth fractions of a penny today.  I doubt an autographed Dennis Northcutt card is enough to retire on laugh

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/18 11:09 a.m.
lrrs said:
bluej said:

Pat's fan here also, but...... the browns record is as good as the Pat's.   Pretty depressing. Hoping the Pat's play better Sunday. 

The Patriots looked as bad playing the Lions as the Lions did playing the Jets.

bluej
9/24/18 11:13 a.m.
JmfnB said:
lrrs said:
bluej said:

The Patriots looked as bad playing the Lions as the Lions did playing the Jets.

Yep, we sucked last night. Also, Patricia is a smart cookie. I was worried this would happen. 

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/24/18 11:42 a.m.

In reply to JmfnB :

It's hard to overstate the enthusiasm my Detroit fan friend's had last night----- to spank the Pats..... I mean.... they are the Lions after all!  

bluej
9/24/18 12:45 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:

In reply to JmfnB :

It's hard to overstate the enthusiasm my Detroit fan friend's had last night----- to spank the Pats..... I mean.... they are the Lions after all!  

Stafford has always been a competitor. Bringing in a great defensive minded coach like Patricia was very smart. I'm torn right now because I hate that they beat up on the Pats, but I like cheering for the lions over some other teams.

captdownshift
9/24/18 2:01 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

I have an autographed Tim Couch Packers jersey, and an autographed Tim Couch edition bottle of Maker's Mark. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/24/18 2:35 p.m.
captdownshift said:

If the Browns had a kicker they'd be 3-0, as it is they're holding down 2nd place in the AFC North. 

There back too 3rd thankfully. 

logdog
9/24/18 3:20 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

I completely forgot Couch played for Green Bay!

I should send my cards to a random resident of Lexington KY and make their day.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1IX2ICPBaZ0Pz3a5oaca7QQA86FU4I3znOPxa49CB5dZjCw1MFcnCStvQB6DDhUe